iZotope Neutron 3 external sidechain

Discuss VST stuff here!
PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
22 Sep 2020
Good news!! iZotope technical support informed me that both they and Reason support are working on solving the sidechain communication problem ... :)
Great news! 🕺

arqui

30 Sep 2020

New Update!!!!
Neutron 3
Version 3.2 released September 30, 2020
New Features & Enhancements
Added advanced unmask functionality, available via the unmask feature in Nectar 3+'s Vocal Assistant. New unmask features include:
Unmask EQ amount control
Dynamic unmask EQ toggle
Ability to trigger unmask EQ with sidechain input
Bugfixes
Fix bug where manually entering discrete slope values in the EQ's Q/slope readouts was broken
Fix bug where the selected preset name would not persist after closing the UI
Added the ability to scrub frequency, gain, and Q readouts in the EQ

but it still doesn't work here ..... Reason 11 :(
Until the people at Reason Studios fix it,
And with what they answered, I don't think they will fix it (I can't paste the answer because legally they don't allow it) .... Reason Studios, as they call themselves now, after almost 20 years that I have been a user (I started in Reason 2.5 until version 4, then due to family problems I sold my license, and started again with reason 6, until the current 11 suite, going through all its updates), they are beginning to disappoint me, they have an excellent product, but they don't care about anything users, only sales ...... this month I bought Studio One Professional, I am entering a new world (in 20 years I have never tried another DAW), combined with Reason rack plugin is a thousand times better than reason ... I am very angry with Reason's people .... I hope they reconsider and fix all the problems and glitches of the program instead of continuing to release new paid versions full of holes ...
Regards
Last edited by arqui on 30 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

MattLeschuck

30 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
30 Sep 2020
New Update!!!!

Added advanced unmask functionality, available via the unmask feature in Nectar 3+'s Vocal Assistant. New unmask features include:
Unmask EQ amount control
Dynamic unmask EQ toggle
Bugfixes
Fix bug where manually entering discrete slope values in the EQ's Q/slope readouts was broken

And with what they answered, I don't think they will fix it (I can't paste the answer because legally they don't allow it) .... Reason Studios, as they call themselves now, after almost 20 years that I have been a user (I started in Reason 2.5 until version 4, then due to family problems I sold my license, and started again with reason 6, until the current 11 suite, going through all its updates), they are beginning to disappoint me, they have an excellent product, but they don't care about anything users, only sales ...... this month I bought Studio One Professional, I am entering a new world (in 20 years I have never tried another DAW), combined with Reason rack plugin is a thousand times better than reason ... I am very angry with Reason's people .... I hope they reconsider and fix all the problems and glitches of the program instead of continuing to release new paid versions full of holes ...
Regards
At this point i don't expect this to be fixed on Reasons end. Id be surprised if much more support goes into their VST platform. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I do think part of this is on Izotope as some other VST's work with side chain.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
30 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
30 Sep 2020
New Update!!!!

Unmask EQ amount control
Dynamic unmask EQ toggle
Bugfixes

Regards
At this point i don't expect this to be fixed on Reasons end. Id be surprised if much more support goes into their VST platform. Hopefully they prove me wrong. I do think part of this is on Izotope as some other VST's work with side chain.
I have it working via Elements using the VST3 version.

Details here.

arqui

05 Oct 2020

Thanks Carly, I have to try that !!! Excellent video! you are the best explaining !!!

MattLeschuck

05 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
04 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
30 Sep 2020

Details here.
I also got it working in Bluecat Audio Patchwork today. By default it doesn't work but the key is to change the default audio I/O in Patchwork. It defaults to 10 in / 8 out for Neutrons Compressor and you have to change that to 4 in / 2 out. This works for Neutron's dynamic EQ as well.

arqui

05 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020

I also got it working in Bluecat Audio Patchwork today. By default it doesn't work but the key is to change the default audio I/O in Patchwork. It defaults to 10 in / 8 out for Neutrons Compressor and you have to change that to 4 in / 2 out. This works for Neutron's dynamic EQ as well.
wow - can you explain in detail how you did that? I bought patchworks years ago and never knew how to make it work ...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2020

I just posted an updated video using Voltage Modular to host VST3's and Midi out from VST devices without latency (or should I say very very low latency).

Not in that video however I have tested and you can get sidechaining to work with Neutron 3 VST3 not the VST2 version (EQ and Compressor)....

MattLeschuck

05 Oct 2020

arqui wrote:
05 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020

wow - can you explain in detail how you did that? I bought patchworks years ago and never knew how to make it work ...
Here you go, i just slapped together a quick video showing how its done. Bluecat's patchwork is a great tool to have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2x1tDH ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by MattLeschuck on 05 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

arqui

05 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2020
I just posted an updated video using Voltage Modular to host VST3's and Midi out from VST devices without latency (or should I say very very low latency).

Not in that video however I have tested and you can get sidechaining to work with Neutron 3 VST3 not the VST2 version (EQ and Compressor)....
oh thank Carly

arqui

05 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020
arqui wrote:
05 Oct 2020

Here you go, i just slapped together a quick video showing how its done. Bluecat's patchwork is a create tool to have.

Thank you very much Matt, I'm going to try

arqui

05 Oct 2020

arqui wrote:
05 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020

Here you go, i just slapped together a quick video showing how its done. Bluecat's patchwork is a create tool to have.

Thank you very much Matt, I'm going to try
wowowo Work Perfect... all very funny, Thank you very much, finally I am going to use Patchworks, I had no idea what to use it, I had bought it a few years ago in an offer, ... thanks for the video !!! very friendly
Greetings

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
04 Oct 2020

Details here.
Is that the VST2 version you are running in Patchworks?

arqui

06 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020

Hi Carly - Vst3 version of Neutron 3 (I try Gate, Compressor and Dynamic eq) work perfect running in Patchworks.
I don't know if it has a lot of latency, maybe your solution with Modular Voltage is the best of all, we would have to dig a little deeper ...
regards

MattLeschuck

06 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
05 Oct 2020

VST3 version. Both that and AU work perfectly with this setup.

MattLeschuck

06 Oct 2020

arqui wrote:
06 Oct 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Oct 2020

Hi Carly - Vst3 version of Neutron 3 (I try Gate, Compressor and Dynamic eq) work perfect running in Patchworks.
I don't know if it has a lot of latency, maybe your solution with Modular Voltage is the best of all, we would have to dig a little deeper ...
regards
Bluecat's Patchwork itself doesn't (or at least shouldnt) introduce any latency. And if a plugin within it does, it should be reporting the delays correctly and everything should be compensated for. Ive never had any issue with it and latency. I find this solution by far the easiest for side chaining Izotope stuff. Just set it up once and save it as a preset. Then again, i don't use Neutron for any of these duties regularly, but its good to know it works for those that want to. Im sure you know this, but you can also set up cool parallel chains in patchwork (similar to Waves new studio rack).

arqui

06 Oct 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
06 Oct 2020
arqui wrote:
06 Oct 2020

regards
Bluecat's Patchwork itself doesn't (or at least shouldnt) introduce any latency. And if a plugin within it does, it should be reporting the delays correctly and everything should be compensated for. Ive never had any issue with it and latency. I find this solution by far the easiest for side chaining Izotope stuff. Just set it up once and save it as a preset. Then again, i don't use Neutron for any of these duties regularly, but its good to know it works for those that want to. Im sure you know this, but you can also set up cool parallel chains in patchwork (similar to Waves new studio rack).
Thanks a million, Matt ... Thanks to you get Patchwork plugin out of the cobwebs, I'm researching and having fun with its capabilities ... regards

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2020

arqui wrote:
06 Oct 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
06 Oct 2020

Thanks a million, Matt ... Thanks to you get Patchwork plugin out of the cobwebs, I'm researching and having fun with its capabilities ... regards
FYI the latency I was talking about in the video was to do with Midi latency not audio.

arqui

06 Oct 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Oct 2020
arqui wrote:
06 Oct 2020

FYI the latency I was talking about in the video was to do with Midi latency not audio.
I'm trying Element too, Thanks Carly !!!
Luckily (you and Matt) have found a solution to sidechain VST devices !!!

Edited!!!
I have already tried it, and it works perfect, thanks without your video I would never have solved it, it is a little difficult to understand it, but I already saw how the mechanism is, thanks
Attachments
SEDECHAIN.jpg
SEDECHAIN.jpg (227.45 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

arqui

08 Oct 2020

Unfortunately, KV Element produces an interference in the masking functions, for example in iZotope 3 EQ, (it does not detect them or it partially detects them). Using Patchworks as a VST3 bridge works fine.

stuk71

02 Nov 2020

I posted in here on the 10th September that Neutron 3 sudechaining worked for me with R11 on Mac OS Catalina - posted a video of it working too.

Today I set it up for a project and it no longer works, even the the file I used for the video clip no longer works.

hmmmmmmmmmmk

TDR Nova still works thankfully

Brosefski

02 Jan 2021

This is a very weird situation I'm reading.

I'm running Catalina on an older 2012 mac and it works fine using rytmik drum sidechained into neutron3 to dynamically bring the eq down.
:reason: :recycle: :re:

arqui

05 Jan 2021

Brosefski wrote:
02 Jan 2021

I'm running Catalina on an older 2012 mac and it works fine using rytmik drum sidechained into neutron3 to dynamically bring the eq down.
You are in Reason 11? because until version 10 it worked !!! stopped working in Reason 11 ...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2021

arqui wrote:
05 Jan 2021
Brosefski wrote:
02 Jan 2021

You are in Reason 11? because until version 10 it worked !!! stopped working in Reason 11 ...
it's worst than that, it stopped working in 11.2 :o (so Reason 11.0.1d21 worked OK)

arqui

05 Jan 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
05 Jan 2021
arqui wrote:
05 Jan 2021

it's worst than that, it stopped working in 11.2 :o (so Reason 11.0.1d21 worked OK)
:o
Izotope doesn't want to fix it because they say it is a VST3 feature and Reason Studios aren't interested in fixing it ...
I do not understand why they promote it in the store!
I do not publish the answers because there are confidentiality agreements

• Information