Using Elements or Voltage Modular to run VST3's and Midi out from VST's in Reason.

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2020

This video is about using Elements in Reason not so much about Elements it self but core parts that are very relevant to Reason.

Covers: VST3, Midi out, Automation and Remotes.
Bonus: using iZotope's Neutron 3 sidechain in Reason 11.3

Note: Midi out to Reason can not be used live due to high latency but at least you can get the midi printed to the Seq.

This is a follow up video to my last video "Using Elements to run VST3's and Midi out from VST's in Reason" in which using it live there was latency, by using VM you don't have the latency and it is a better solution at the moment however where Elements can be FREE, using it via VM there is a cost.

Mataya

06 Oct 2020

Jesus RS just add midi out from VST already.

tx Carly, very sweet of you.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2020

Mataya wrote:
06 Oct 2020
Jesus RS just add midi out from VST already.

tx Carly, very sweet of you.
I appreciate Carly for showing this (and all his other kind support in this forum), but I agree, RS needs start feel a little ashamed for forcing its core userbase to go through this.
It feels you have to spend more time wiring in Reason than actually making music - wrong approach RS, you talk about simplicity, sooooo - get on it!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Oct 2020

Mataya wrote:
06 Oct 2020
Boombastix wrote:
06 Oct 2020
I'm surprised they have not come out with a VST player for midi out..

I think R12 will be a big rewrite now that they have been able to lift the Rack out, I think that was quite a big fundamental part on the way forwards with Reason so things like Midi Out from VST's can happen.

• Information