Axiom 49 (2nd gen) - Pads as Redrum Triggers (MAC)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Modek

04 Oct 2020

Dear Forum

Can anyone tell me how to link up the pads on an M-AUDIO Axiom 49 (2nd Gen) to trigger the Redrum?
I cannot - for the life of me - figure this out.
All other functions work fine for what I use it.

I'm on an iMac - maxOS Sierra v10.12.6 running Reason 11.3d36 (build 11.134).

Thanks!

1reasonable

05 Oct 2020

I have a Mk I Axiom Pro. Are you using patch 17 Reason for Mac ? If you are, have you made and modifications to it? If yes, then the easiest way out is to factory reset: Extract from user manual-

“Axiom Pro 49/61 can be reset to its “factory” settings by holding down the “+” and “-” numerical keypad buttons as the unit is switched on
:exclamation: Note that all assignments and modified patches will be lost once you perform this action—use this function with caution! “

Even if you haven’t made any changes, sometimes there can be a corruption somewhere that can cause issues that the reset will solve: I had a problem with the pitch bend wheel that was sending out midi messages constantly, causing absolute mayhem, especially on piano sounds. Apparently this is a known fault with the Axioms that has been a problem for users for some years. I found a way to switch off this controller on the Axiom from the user manual. I carried on with this situation for years, making alternate solutions for the lack of a controller for real-time pitch bend. Then only recently I came across a problem with MIDI mapping that I couldn’t find a solution for. Having noted the changes I had made on the reason patch, I reset the Axiom. Not only did it solve this issue for me, but the pitch bend wheel was back to full working order!

Hope this helps!
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

• Information