Is a CC enabled player possible?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

02 Oct 2020

Hey everyone - just been messing around with getting my AKAI MPK249 to control VSTs. In Live you have to use a special Max device that will translate MIDI CC into whatever it is Live is expecting. I wonder, is the same thing possible in Reason with Players? Something we put at the top of the chain that will give direct access to controls on a plugin without have to remote map? And that would allow you to switch between devices and control only the one that's armed?

buddard
RE Developer

02 Oct 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
02 Oct 2020
Hey everyone - just been messing around with getting my AKAI MPK249 to control VSTs. In Live you have to use a special Max device that will translate MIDI CC into whatever it is Live is expecting. I wonder, is the same thing possible in Reason with Players? Something we put at the top of the chain that will give direct access to controls on a plugin without have to remote map? And that would allow you to switch between devices and control only the one that's armed?
No, that's not possible -- Players only receive and send Note On/Off messages.
Well, with automation/Remote you could say that they can receive MIDI CC, but not CC messages destined for the attached instrument. So you have to map your controller to the Player's controls explicitly.
But there's no way for the Player to pass on those messages, except as CV.
So you might as well use one of the many controller-->CV Utility REs that already exist. :puf_smile:

• Information