Tapping through different Audio channels by pressing only one button

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Deepsoul

28 Sep 2020

My intention is to switch the path of my audiosignal to 4 different Inputs of a mixer module by pressing one single Button of my Midi device.

It should work in this way:

When I tap the button once, the audio should now switch from audio input 1 to audio input 2,
by tapping the same button a second time it should switch from input 2 to input 3 and so on.
And when the last input (Nr 4) is active, the next tap should connect to input 1 again.

So that I will have a kind of a loop between audio 1, 2, 3, 4 and again 1, 2, 3, 4

I think that couldn't be too difficult, but I didn't find a soultion yet!

My only solution that I found is using the free cv plugin A/B12Switch from pongasoft.
BUT here I could only do this job by using a potentiometer input and not by tapping a button.

I hope that someone can help me!

For finding a solution I could send the reason project file with my idea using the plugin A/B12switch via PN.
Please feel free to ask me, if my description was not transparent :puf_wink:

jam-s

28 Sep 2020

Distributor might be an option. Also I think you can build this using a combination of the nice Hamu devices.

Deepsoul

29 Sep 2020

Thanks jam-s for your response. I just wrote to the distributor.

Hamu devices..... yes I tried, but puuuuuh, the materia with CV signals and pathing them seem to be too difficult for me :(

Deepsoul

02 Oct 2020

Distributor had no solution :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2020

Deepsoul wrote:
28 Sep 2020
My intention is to switch the path of my audiosignal to 4 different Inputs of a mixer module by pressing one single Button of my Midi device.

It should work in this way:

When I tap the button once, the audio should now switch from audio input 1 to audio input 2,
by tapping the same button a second time it should switch from input 2 to input 3 and so on.
And when the last input (Nr 4) is active, the next tap should connect to input 1 again.

So that I will have a kind of a loop between audio 1, 2, 3, 4 and again 1, 2, 3, 4

I think that couldn't be too difficult, but I didn't find a soultion yet!

My only solution that I found is using the free cv plugin A/B12Switch from pongasoft.
BUT here I could only do this job by using a potentiometer input and not by tapping a button.

I hope that someone can help me!

For finding a solution I could send the reason project file with my idea using the plugin A/B12switch via PN.
Please feel free to ask me, if my description was not transparent :puf_wink:
This just came in the shop and it's free. Would that do what you want?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... audio-out/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Deepsoul

04 Oct 2020

Hey Mr Figg,

THAT was the missing link! :)

My Setup now is:
"Aftermath CV Generator" is the CV source.
It's signals go into "Select CV Switch" Input 1 to 4
and from here into the "Set Audio Out" device

The midi device is routed to the "Select CV switch"
and by hitting only one button of the midi device it toggles the "Set Audio Out" throuh the 4 Audio channels in a loop mode.

Perfect, thank you!!

• Information