- take an existing idea/section of music (or a brand new one), and put it into a Block
- copy it all into the next Block
- remove an element or two from the new Block
- replace the stuff you removed with something new (using different instrumentation/sounds as you see fit)
- repeat the process for several Blocks
after several iterations, you'll have a bunch of new ideas you can then start to develop, while remaining fairly cohesive. you can then use Blocks to try out different arrangements.
time stamps are in the video comments.