Ekssperimental Sounds Filter Chain x8187 in shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

artotaku

28 Sep 2020

This looks so Reason-racky. Great job on the UI.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

This looks amazing.
Can't wait to try how it sounds
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

MannequinRaces

28 Sep 2020

Looks nice! Will have to trial soon. Congrats on the release!

rorystorm

28 Sep 2020

I bought this dev's set of filters a while ago and I've used them a lot since. Just picked this up and it's really good too. lots to play with.
my one thing is that it would be cool to be able to change the order of the modules. But I don't know how technical that would be to achieve.
but everything on this is quality - the hpf particularly which is not something I normally use, but this one is lovely.

Loque

28 Sep 2020

Looks good. The re-routing is done only via backside AFAIU. The delay has a rate-reduction and/or a bit-reduction?
Reason12, Win10

chaosroyale

28 Sep 2020

Holy shit - that UI, and the device layout, looks and feels like a classic native Reason Device. I wish RS had kept this style instead of moving to the silly "half-flat and lots of dead space" style they have now.

One reservation: I really hope the digital delay has a sample rate adjuster, not only a bit depth reducer. Low sample rates is what gave those old effects their characteristic darkness. Reducing Bit Depth without changing sample rate just does not-very-much until below 8 bits and then suddenly POW tons of digital noise.

As others have said, being able to re-order the units would be great.

Anyway, If I still bought RE's I would totally get this, along with their Yamaha-esque Synth.

deeplink
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

also seems to have a built in limiter init?

motuscott

28 Sep 2020

Gonna marry that UI
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

eusti

28 Sep 2020

Two day intro offer??? Damn, that is quite short, isn't it?

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

eusti wrote:
28 Sep 2020

D.
Quick!!!! Hurry!!! You know you want it :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

28 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
28 Sep 2020
eusti wrote:
28 Sep 2020

D.
Yes, unfortunately I do! ;)

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

eusti wrote:
28 Sep 2020
MrFigg wrote:
28 Sep 2020

Yes, unfortunately I do! ;)

D.
I don’t reckon you’ll regret it. It’s a good one :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

28 Sep 2020

Ekssperimental Sounds are on a roll. I can't remember the last time we had a dev this active.

antic604

28 Sep 2020

Oh my, it's quite lovely! :o
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

gullum

28 Sep 2020

I like it but me and my wallet have decided that the wallet needs the money more so not getting for RE's for now.

eusti

28 Sep 2020

Can we get a main dry / wet control please?

D.

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

damn, I wasn't going to mention it as it seems like a none issue to most people, but this confirms my thoughts that (personally) his recent spring reverb RE falls a bit short of the high mark ES has shown in his plugins in terms of GUI. Keep it up! I like looking at nice things as well as hearing them.

dvdrtldg

29 Sep 2020

I don't really get the point of this sort of device in Reason, where you already have a modular setup in the rack (including patch saving/loading) that is more flexible and versatile than something like this could ever hope to be. I mean it looks cool and I'm sure it sounds great. It just seems a bit redundant. Maybe I'm missing something?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2020

Steedus wrote:
28 Sep 2020
damn, I wasn't going to mention it as it seems like a none issue to most people, but this confirms my thoughts that (personally) his recent spring reverb RE falls a bit short of the high mark ES has shown in his plugins in terms of GUI. Keep it up! I like looking at nice things as well as hearing them.
The original reverb unit MRSpring is inspired by looks like this so the GUI is more the product of attention to detail than to bad design.
Attachments
A11246E9-9A3B-4F94-BA2B-0A1CCD2CE307.jpeg
A11246E9-9A3B-4F94-BA2B-0A1CCD2CE307.jpeg (36.88 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2020

^ ahh that makes sense. didn’t think of that.

Loque

29 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Sep 2020
Steedus wrote:
28 Sep 2020
The original reverb unit MRSpring is inspired by looks like this so the GUI is more the product of attention to detail than to bad design.
Good point. Some original hardware just looks boring. Maybe some unicorn stickers would made it look better.
Reason12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Sep 2020
I don't really get the point of this sort of device in Reason, where you already have a modular setup in the rack (including patch saving/loading) that is more flexible and versatile than something like this could ever hope to be. I mean it looks cool and I'm sure it sounds great. It just seems a bit redundant. Maybe I'm missing something?
I understand where you're coming from. I've often passed on devices before because I can "simply make something like that using a combinator".
With this device in particular, I think its pretty versitle in relation to the amount of screen it takes up - everything you generally need is right there.

chaosroyale

29 Sep 2020

I'm another DIY modular maniac, but I think I can give you my point of view on why this looks like a good device.

It is not trying to be a swiss army knife or all-round multi FX. It is basically just a fancy filterered delay/verb, wrapped in one compact, easy to use GUI. (Depending on the particular sounds of the filters and the delay, it might also not be possible to make with native reason devices.. I'm still rather unconvinced by the Sweeper filters, they don't sound that great to me, especially the filter drive.)

Any device in any DAW is literally just a GUI between you and a way of doing sound work. Whatever GUI gives you the fastest way to get the results you want, is the right way.

For example, Reason you can only load and save complete combinators. But you might want to load your usual "filter and delay and overdrive" set-up into an existing combinator. Without a Super-Combinator 2 to make organizing and macro controlling easy, convenient units like this RE can be a time saver. 10 years ago I would have LOVED more devices like this, not to use all the time, but for when they are handy.

One could argue that the Pulverizer was exactly the same philosophy - 3 or 4 related fx together in a handy box.

EDIT: I take back my criticism of Pulverizer's GUI. I still love ya, Pulverizer, even though your distortion is weak sauce. GUI design in Reason devices really went downhill after that.
dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Sep 2020

dusan.cani

10 Dec 2020

Very inspiring device. I am able to give some "fresh juice" to the original sounds by effects on this device :puf_bigsmile: ...DSP algorithms of effects sounds really good. I love the UI. It's sexy and it invites you to touch and use the device :puf_bigsmile:

• Information