[Free patch] BIG reverb - Event Horizon

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
eXode

27 Sep 2020

Hi @ all. What better way to spend a sunday than in Space? :)

I played around with Valhalla DSP's excellent Supermassive plugin and wondered if there was something similar in Reason.
I started playing around with an effect chain in a Combinator to try and mimic that huge larger than life type of reverb sound.

I present to you the result. It's not exactly like Supermassive, but it's pretty darn sweet, in my humble opinion.

The archive contains an insert effect Combinator, and a simple patch example Combinator. Be wary of the levels if you increase the DRY/WET level.

Some notes:
Chorus - Some sounds might benefit from Chorus being disabled, like piano for an example.
Delay Modifier - Changes delay time and mod settings (subtle).
Delay Feedback - Simply enables or disables it, depending on your needs
Experiment by opening the Combinator and loading different chorus patches into Quartet.

Enjoy!
eXode_-_Event_Horizon.zip
(66.74 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

littlejam

28 Sep 2020

hello,

bigup @eXode for the reverb patch
it is much appreciated
i have a lot of your other refills and patches
i wish i understood sound design better and the parts of a synth

have a blessed day,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

artotaku

28 Sep 2020

eXode wrote:
27 Sep 2020

I played around with Valhalla DSP's excellent Supermassive plugin and wondered if there was something similar in Reason.
I started playing around with an effect chain in a Combinator to try and mimic that huge larger than life type of reverb sound.

I present to you the result. It's not exactly like Supermassive, but it's pretty darn sweet, in my humble opinion.

The archive contains an insert effect Combinator, and a simple patch example Combinator. Be wary of the levels if you increase the DRY/WET level.

Some notes:
Chorus - Some sounds might benefit from Chorus being disabled, like piano for an example.
Experiment by opening the Combinator and loading different chorus patches into Quartet.

Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing this patch. Sounds really good. It works well on pad sounds, I had to replace the chorus with Chenille since I´m not on Reason 11. What I´m kind of impressed is that I get a really great soft and stereo wide sounding multi OSC saw pad with one single instance of Thor and this effect patch assigned.

Karim
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2020

thanks for your precious gift, you are always number one :thumbs_up:
eXode wrote:
27 Sep 2020

Some notes:

Enjoy!

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

eXode

01 Oct 2020

littlejam wrote:
28 Sep 2020
hello,

bigup @eXode for the reverb patch
it is much appreciated
i have a lot of your other refills and patches
i wish i understood sound design better and the parts of a synth

have a blessed day,

j
Thanks! The same to you!
artotaku wrote:
28 Sep 2020
Thank you for sharing this patch. Sounds really good. It works well on pad sounds, I had to replace the chorus with Chenille since I´m not on Reason 11. What I´m kind of impressed is that I get a really great soft and stereo wide sounding multi OSC saw pad with one single instance of Thor and this effect patch assigned.
Cool, didn't know that the Combinator works even though the device is missing, that is good news!
Karim wrote:
28 Sep 2020
thanks for your precious gift, you are always number one :thumbs_up:
Thank you for your kind words! Glad you liked it.

challism

04 Oct 2020

Thanks for the gift. I love your work!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information