Europandemonium ReFill Exploration with Teflon Tomb

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
strangers
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

I may not have Europa since I'm still running with Reason 9.5 but didn't let that stop me from joining in on the fun taking place here. With plenty of inspiration from this thread alone, I ripped through Quixotic Sound Design's Expandemonium refill and whipped up a short, fun track.

Welcome to the Thousand Ring Circus - Downtown Wagon Edition.

Enjoy.

Auryn

24 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
23 Sep 2020
I may not have Europa since I'm still running with Reason 9.5 but didn't let that stop me from joining in on the fun taking place here. With plenty of inspiration from this thread alone, I ripped through Quixotic Sound Design's Expandemonium refill and whipped up a short, fun track.

Enjoy.

Awesome! This thread wouldn't be complete without a Strangers contribution! Since it seems we're making a habit out of sampling mr Tomb, I propose a new EDM genre "Tombwave" , "Tombstep" or maybe "Tombient"
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

modecca

25 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
23 Sep 2020
Enjoy.
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
22 Sep 2020
Thanks Teflon for taking such interest in my stuff. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
I have been making music in the last year, but for better or worse I like to release albums rather than singles, and I haven't really formed anything cohesive. Plus i'm out of room on SoundCloud and I haven't decided on whether I should make a new account or what.
BTW, your soundcloud activity has been fairly sparce too. You're great a creating abstract and often unsettling textured sonic journeys, each with it's own character. Keep it going!
Back to the Europandemonium ReFill. Is anyone else making music with it still? What about the callers on Teflon's show?

🔗💥

TheGodOfRainbows

26 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
23 Sep 2020

Enjoy.

OMG How am I only noticing this today! Week flew by. Great track. I like it better than mine!! Great editing.

TheGodOfRainbows

26 Sep 2020

modecca wrote:
25 Sep 2020
The track by Strangers is awesome! I can feel the inspiration from my track. I like how its as you said melodically different, but it does sound like it could be connected, or under the same tent.

Your music doesn't belong under the floorboards. And yeah, I dont want to do the subscription either.

5:44 I died instantly.

6:26 Grand ending! Bradley's performance was heartfelt and genuine. He's got heart. Great job! I can hear the 30 years of experience coming through.

Your callers are brutal. Donald comparing you to Carrot Top is below the belt.

You were right to offer constructive criticism about Earth Creature. I absolutely want to hear that feedback. A friend of mine also has those same reservations about sampling voice instruments. I don't know if its the uncanny valley that is unappealing or what. That, and the fact that it may not be mixed very well, or just simply too loud. Also maybe its the lack or articulations since everything is just ooh and ahhs. Or it could be that I wasn't experimental or adventurous enough with the processing of the vocals. Whatever it is, your opinion is valid and its cool that you shared your gut reaction. That's the best reaction.

My perspective is that I wanted music that I could hum to, and I used Humana to fill the role of lead melodies, rather than as a pad-like background supplemental instrument. Perhaps that was a mistake: letting Humana take the lead. But as the same time, if I were to simply mute all voice tracks, there would be a gap that I would then have to fill with another instrument. And I don't know what that instrument would be because I did want some contrast between the lead melodies and the more rhythmic and chordal duties of Pangea and Klang.

I am indeed curious as to how to resolve this and make the album more likable to someone other than myself! I will do something about it. I'll try playing around with simply muting tracks. But for the time being, I think I have to let it be until I have a new project completed.

Please, be critical of my music. Have at it.

BTW As far as my current music, there will be no sampled voice you'll be please to know!
Last edited by TheGodOfRainbows on 26 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
24 Sep 2020
Awesome! This thread wouldn't be complete without a Strangers contribution! Since it seems we're making a habit out of sampling mr Tomb, I propose a new EDM genre "Tombwave" , "Tombstep" or maybe "Tombient"
Thanks again for the great refills. I think you're on to something new with the new genres.
modecca wrote:
25 Sep 2020
Another great video response. Happy to hear my non-Europandemonium track wasn't too far in left field. I'll also have to update the song name to include featuring neighbor Keith. I was too caught up in chopping up the audio to even think of the obvious. It's funny you mentioned the Michael Myers reference. That wasn't intentional nor did I pick up on it myself. We'll see what Halloween has in store this year.

Per request, here's a rundown of the patches I used. A few things are layered.

Vox Pluck
Prismatic
Malfunctioning Lead
Amor Dolor II
Hard Bass
Solo Brute
Engineers
Gauss Expanse
Sweet S-K
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
26 Sep 2020
OMG How am I only noticing this today! Week flew by. Great track. I like it better than mine!! Great editing.
I surely wouldn't say mine is better than yours. Yours is the original and original source of inspiration paired with Mr. Tomb's awesome videos. I like that you take the route of working on albums instead of single tracks. That's something I haven't tried yet, at least not in the electronic world. Might be time I give that a go even though the biggest thing that's held me back from doing so is just like you mentioned. I'd be worried of not creating a cohesive effort. I wouldn't know until I try though. Plus, if all else fails, I feel like this is a very receptive community. That may be the time to reach out for some collaborations.

Auryn

26 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
26 Sep 2020
I surely wouldn't say mine is better than yours. Yours is the original and original source of inspiration paired with Mr. Tomb's awesome videos. I like that you take the route of working on albums instead of single tracks. That's something I haven't tried yet, at least not in the electronic world. Might be time I give that a go even though the biggest thing that's held me back from doing so is just like you mentioned. I'd be worried of not creating a cohesive effort. I wouldn't know until I try though. Plus, if all else fails, I feel like this is a very receptive community. That may be the time to reach out for some collaborations.
Don't worry about the cohesiveness man. I remember when I put the swinging particles album on soundcloud that I thought it would be too all over the place and that listeners wouldn't think it cohesive and it turned out most thought otherwise. I consider all of you (contributors to this thread) to have a more cohesive musical style than myself!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-

Auryn

24 Jan 2021

A bit of thread necromancy here but I just finished a remix for a demo track by God of Rainbows for this refill, so I thought I'd post it

• Information