Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Aosta

17 Sep 2020

Oooooh! An AF/TP mashup special! THAT is a must watch!
Hey Adam, not sure if it has been brought up before but just throwing out that it would be a good idea if there was a remix competition of one of the tracks you create in the streams. This would be an ideal opportunity seen as it is stock + free refills available here so there is no need to own Disperser or DR-1 :D
Tend the flame

aftrshok99

17 Sep 2020

Aosta wrote:
17 Sep 2020
so there is no need to own Disperser or DR-1 :D
Does he even know how to use another reverb besides the DR-1?? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding Adam, I've seen you use the RV7000 lots of times in your streams!!!! :cool:
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

18 Sep 2020

Aosta wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Oooooh! An AF/TP mashup special! THAT is a must watch!
Hey Adam, not sure if it has been brought up before but just throwing out that it would be a good idea if there was a remix competition of one of the tracks you create in the streams. This would be an ideal opportunity seen as it is stock + free refills available here so there is no need to own Disperser or DR-1 :D
aftrshok99 wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Does he even know how to use another reverb besides the DR-1?? :lol: :lol:

Just kidding Adam, I've seen you use the RV7000 lots of times in your streams!!!! :cool:
I must admit I was a little surprised how instinctively I'd try and head for the DR-1 when adding reverb throughout the stream... happened about 3 times where I just automatically started heading towards it, maybe I do have a problem after all :D

Anyway! Thanks a lot to everyone who joined me, I've uploaded the stream to YouTube if you'd like to check it out there.

As always, all of the project files/exports (bear in mind this only uses stock devices, so if you're a Reason 11 user it should just work with zero missing devices or samples) can be grabbed from here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

If you just want to check out the track, then here it is:

And don't forget, if you haven't grabbed Tom's patches yet then you absolutely 100% should get on that right now.

Cheers!

Ermitage

18 Sep 2020

Tom is such a synth wizard. What I wouldn't give for a Zebra or MX preset pack by him.

Aosta

19 Sep 2020

Calling Mr Fielding! Time for your medicine :D

medicine.jpg
medicine.jpg (101.28 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
Tend the flame

WOO

19 Sep 2020

Thanks tom for the free refills. And good luck in your new endeavours.

adfielding

22 Sep 2020

Ermitage wrote:
18 Sep 2020
Tom is such a synth wizard. What I wouldn't give for a Zebra or MX preset pack by him.
WOO wrote:
19 Sep 2020
Thanks tom for the free refills. And good luck in your new endeavours.
Yeah, Tom's patching is amazing - in case you missed it, there's an "about.txt" document included in the TPSD zip he's shared that lists the patches he worked on for Complex-1, and those are absolutely well worth checking out. Some of the generative patches in particular are simply awesome.
Aosta wrote:
19 Sep 2020
Calling Mr Fielding! Time for your medicine :D

medicine.jpg
Haha, brilliant! I'm not addicted to DR-1, I can stop any time I want! ...just not today :)

adfielding

24 Sep 2020

Howdy folks, apologies for the short notice but I'm not going to be streaming today as originally planned. It doesn't happen very often these days but every once in a while my musical mojo vanishes for a day or two and, unfortunately, today is absolutely 100% one of those days. Trying to work on anything this morning has been an utter slog, and I get the impression that doing a stream with that mind-set would be very Not Great.

For what it's worth - I've genuinely loved doing these streams (I mean, I'd have stopped loooong ago if that wasn't the case!), and I'd hate to jeapordise that by forcing myself to do one when I'm absolutely not feeling it - that sounds like a bad time for all concerned. So, instead, I'm going to be recharging my batteries this week and (with any luck!) I'll be back next week with my usual level of enthusiasm.

(this is what happens when I don't get enough Vitamin DR-1)

Billy+

24 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
24 Sep 2020
Howdy folks, apologies for the short notice but I'm not going to be streaming today as originally planned. It doesn't happen very often these days but every once in a while my musical mojo vanishes for a day or two and, unfortunately, today is absolutely 100% one of those days. Trying to work on anything this morning has been an utter slog, and I get the impression that doing a stream with that mind-set would be very Not Great.

For what it's worth - I've genuinely loved doing these streams (I mean, I'd have stopped loooong ago if that wasn't the case!), and I'd hate to jeapordise that by forcing myself to do one when I'm absolutely not feeling it - that sounds like a bad time for all concerned. So, instead, I'm going to be recharging my batteries this week and (with any luck!) I'll be back next week with my usual level of enthusiasm.

(this is what happens when I don't get enough Vitamin DR-1)
That's a shame Adam but I guess it happens to us all, maybe you could do a laid back Complex 1 session there have been quite a few of us desperate to understand it a bit more. No track just a fun with Adam session?

adfielding

24 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
24 Sep 2020
That's a shame Adam but I guess it happens to us all, maybe you could do a laid back Complex 1 session there have been quite a few of us desperate to understand it a bit more. No track just a fun with Adam session?
I'd still love to do something like that at some point in the future, but today is very much going to be a recharge-day :) Really appreciate the suggestion though!

Billy+

24 Sep 2020

No worries Adam go pop your DR-1 pj's on, fire up the PC and get your DR-1 top up in peace, see you next week with any luck

adfielding

24 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
24 Sep 2020
No worries Adam go pop your DR-1 pj's on, fire up the PC and get your DR-1 top up in peace, see you next week with any luck
Thanks mate, much obliged - also now I really want some DR-1 pj's dammit! :D

stuk71

24 Sep 2020

Fun with Adam session? :?

Billy+

24 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
24 Sep 2020

Thanks mate, much obliged - also now I really want some DR-1 pj's dammit! :D
What size Plate Room Hall or Arena :lol:

Also may I suggest a dual polar with +4 semitones & +7 semitones on the DR-1

aftrshok99

24 Sep 2020

Bummer, was looking forward to an AF Live Stream soaked in DR-1 this week!!! Hope to see you next week, enjoy your re-charge day!!
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

Aosta

24 Sep 2020

Hey Adam, happens to us all, sometimes we just don't feel it. You should see my unfinished track folder, it is shameful.
Hope to see you back on track (get it..yeah that was awful) next week.
Tend the flame

adfielding

24 Sep 2020

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words - I was kind of wondering if my creativity was going to pick up as the day went on but, nope, nothing. So hey, probably the right call, all things considered!
Billy wrote:
24 Sep 2020
Also may I suggest a dual polar with +4 semitones & +7 semitones on the DR-1
It is about time I busted out Polar for one of these streams, and that's a bloody great idea :D

Billy+

30 Sep 2020

Man I hope the weathers better for Thursday if not I won't be able to watch the stream, the power always plays up here when we get a lot of rain so I don't put my machine on. Really wish you could fix the stream to work on my iPad. Strange thing is I can watch them after the stream ends but not live, on occasion they do work but most of the time I just get a black screen & no audio, just a blinking pause/play icon

IMG_2166.PNG
IMG_2166.PNG (176.08 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
Oh and sorry I decided to get the R4 vst reverb, I think the DR1 is to addictive :lol:

adfielding

01 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
30 Sep 2020
Man I hope the weathers better for Thursday if not I won't be able to watch the stream, the power always plays up here when we get a lot of rain so I don't put my machine on. Really wish you could fix the stream to work on my iPad. Strange thing is I can watch them after the stream ends but not live, on occasion they do work but most of the time I just get a black screen & no audio, just a blinking pause/play icon
That's really strange - as far as I can tell, Twitch doesn't tend to do any re-encoding on their end even after the fact, it's literally broadcasting the stream I'm sending them. I've ended up having to download a couple of videos from Twitch after my local copy got screwed up (hasn't happened for a long time, mind!), and as far as I can tell from the file size even that doesn't feature any sort of re-encoding... basically, from what I can tell, the stream both during and afterwards on Twitch are the same. Dumb question, but have you tried changing the broadcast video to the "1080p60 source" option? Doubt it'd make any difference but worth a punt!

There isn't really anything I can change on my end that would fix that without compromising the quality of the stream. I know Twitch provides re-encoding options for certain streamers but, alas, I'm not one of them. Just to clarify: are your iPad and computer are both using the same connection? If so then it definitely sounds more like an issue with the iPad/iOS Twitch app than anything else.

As an aside - I will be streaming again tonight, thankfully my little block only seemed to last a couple of days and I've been full-steam ahead since then (thankfully). Not entirely sure what I'll be doing yet, but I imagine I'll be slowing things down a little bit musically :)

Billy+

01 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
01 Oct 2020
Dumb question, but have you tried changing the broadcast video to the "1080p60 source" option? Doubt it'd make any difference but worth a punt!

are your iPad and computer are both using the same connection? If so then it definitely sounds more like an issue with the iPad/iOS Twitch app than anything else.
That is exactly what I do to watch after the fact, 1080p60 source. But when your live the app just doesn't stay on it, it switches back to auto.

And yes both devices are connected via the same network, what's even more strange is I only get 720p as an option on YouTube.

Either way looking forward to this evenings stream, also got a new set of consumer cans to listen with rather than the pants tv speaker ;)

aftrshok99

01 Oct 2020

Glad you are out of your funk and will be streaming again tonight!!! Looking forward to it and all the DR-1 goodness that comes with an AF live stream!!! :puf_bigsmile:

adfielding

02 Oct 2020

Thanks to everyone who made it last night, listening back to the tune again this morning made me realise that I'm really pleased with how this one turned out :)

If you missed it, you can check out the stream over on YouTube now.

If you'd just like to give the tune a listen then you can check it out via this handy little Soundcloud player.

Alternatively, to grab the project file and/or MP3/FLAC exports for all of my streaming tracks, check out this handy little Dropbox folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

I'll be back again next week for a bit of a review/retrospective of the three most recent tracks written on stream, while also detailing what I changed after the stream itself and also some other things I've been playing around with. Cheers!

Billy+

03 Oct 2020

Hey Adam another good stream.

Sorry to keep banging on about viewer resolutions on twitch but I have one last question about it,

If you reached Partner status which I'm pretty sure you have, and applied for it you should be able to enable the extra resolutions for viewers within the control panel on twitch. I'm not sure how as the options are not available to viewers only broadcasters but I believe there is a solution to enable it without you needing to change your obs settings. I really hope you can look into it.

adfielding

03 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
03 Oct 2020
If you reached Partner status which I'm pretty sure you have
Nope - sadly not, I'm a lowly affiliate, which doesn't entitle me to the resolution controls you mentioned.

edit: I've adjusted my bitrate which will kick in for the next stream, hopefully that makes a difference :)

Aosta

05 Oct 2020

Hey Adam, I see you are doing the next stream with Ryan tonight and going back to stock again, fantastic!! :)
Be good to see some love for the old mostly forgotten instruments and effects, can't wait.
Tend the flame

• Information