Europandemonium ReFill Exploration with Teflon Tomb

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
User avatar
modecca
Posts: 744
Joined: 07 Jul 2016

Post 14 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
14 Sep 2020
modecca wrote:
12 Sep 2020

Spectacular entry Auryn!!!
I'm glad my renegade remixing got the thumbs up!
A Dollar and a Coin (Bootleg Dub with a Thousand Hats) is a total ‘tick all of the boxes’ nostalgic monster!
I’d like to think my failure to accommodate, created an extra burning desire inside you to kick some ass.
Holy shit man, you set the bar too high with that one man.

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
13 Sep 2020
Bradley, if you're out there, I'm working on tracks don't you worry. I got hung up in an interdimensional turnpike and became algulated and had to declaminate my zimzob.

Brad says he was with you up until ‘zimzob’ and feels he is responsible for the timeliness of your creative output as he is convinced that he was the chief sales officer, who talked you into purchasing the refill.
🤡

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 15 Sep 2020

Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.


TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 15 Sep 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.

Nice. I especially enjoyed the second track. But both sound great.
Maybe now Bradley can finally relax a bit. :)

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 15 Sep 2020

Ok so I've got another short Europandemonium track finished, but honestly I'm not sure I want to post it. It's weird as hell and I don't know if I even like it. It's just kind of off.
Maybe I'll keep it up for a week on soundcloud or something and then remove it. :lol: I don't know.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 15 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Ok so I've got another short Europandemonium track finished, but honestly I'm not sure I want to post it. It's weird as hell and I don't know if I even like it. It's just kind of off.
Maybe I'll keep it up for a week on soundcloud or something and then remove it. :lol: I don't know.
Oh well, here it goes. Not really a personal favorite to be honest. Sure it's not a very serious track, but it just feels like a disjointed mess with a weird beat. But for this whole Europandemonium ReFill Exploration thingys sake I'll share it. After all, it's more about exploration than anything, and explore I did. Also TeflonTomb did share his "track that didnt make the cut", so it's only fair I do it too.
This track will only be up for a week. After that it's gone and hopefully forgotten. :lol:



Patches used:

Faun (FSB). (I did turn one oscillator off)
Comrades
Alboroto
Drive Bass

strangers
Posts: 510
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 15 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction - Don't let that track disappear into a black hole. There's some of us out here that like songs like that. There's already a sea of common sounding songs and not enough out in left field. Embrace the weird, different and/or unusual. Worst case scenario you're catering to a crowd of one (myself) which is still one better than none, right?

Enough of my rambling... your latest stuff has given me a lot of inspiration so keep it up.

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 15 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Nice. I especially enjoyed the second track. But both sound great.
Maybe now Bradley can finally relax a bit. :)
Thanks! Yeah maybe Bradley will get off my back!

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 16 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
15 Sep 2020
TritoneAddiction - Don't let that track disappear into a black hole. There's some of us out here that like songs like that. There's already a sea of common sounding songs and not enough out in left field. Embrace the weird, different and/or unusual. Worst case scenario you're catering to a crowd of one (myself) which is still one better than none, right?

Enough of my rambling... your latest stuff has given me a lot of inspiration so keep it up.
Well I'm glad the tracks has fueled some inspiration. That's awesome. And I really appreciate the nice words. Thank you.
However, even though it's always nice to have other people enjoying ones work, it's still myself I'm looking to please first and foremost. And in this case, the track doesn't pass my "good enough" test. So it's one week, then it's gone. If you want to download it, let me know. Maybe Teflon will include it in one of his videos and it's kept alive that way.

But I get it, I know it sometimes suck when an artist decides to withdraw material that you enjoy. I think both TeflonTomb and Peter Landsford have done it for example. Luckily TeflonTomb has kept some of it on his channel. Still miss those old RE reviews though that drew me in in the first place. And that Nostromo project he did too.

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 540
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 16 Sep 2020

modecca wrote:
14 Sep 2020
Auryn wrote:
14 Sep 2020
I'm glad my renegade remixing got the thumbs up!
A Dollar and a Coin (Bootleg Dub with a Thousand Hats) is a total ‘tick all of the boxes’ nostalgic monster!
I’d like to think my failure to accommodate, created an extra burning desire inside you to kick some ass.
Holy shit man, you set the bar too high with that one man.
glad to hear it man... actually I am currently trying an experiment in remix inception where I try to incorporate you and your sisters comments in the video into a 2nd version of the remix. There was a crazy moment where I thought I had lined up the backing track of your video with the reason file and your sister laughs at exactly the same moment! Proof that we're living in the matrix if you ask me.

I'll keep the original version of the remix just in case I mess it up though.
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.
These tracks are awesome. I also especially like the second one, but it was nice to hear some of the sequenced sounds being used in the first track as well. I'd love to try to remix one of these (if you are up for it) at some point!
strangers wrote:
15 Sep 2020
TritoneAddiction - Don't let that track disappear into a black hole. There's some of us out here that like songs like that. There's already a sea of common sounding songs and not enough out in left field. Embrace the weird, different and/or unusual. Worst case scenario you're catering to a crowd of one (myself) which is still one better than none, right?

Enough of my rambling... your latest stuff has given me a lot of inspiration so keep it up.
hear hear! (btw still working on the he had made her free remix)
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Well I'm glad the tracks has fueled some inspiration. That's awesome. And I really appreciate the nice words. Thank you.
However, even though it's always nice to have other people enjoying ones work, it's still myself I'm looking to please first and foremost. And in this case, the track doesn't pass my "good enough" test. So it's one week, then it's gone. If you want to download it, let me know. Maybe Teflon will include it in one of his videos and it's kept alive that way.

But I get it, I know it sometimes suck when an artist decides to withdraw material that you enjoy. I think both TeflonTomb and Peter Landsford have done it for example. Luckily TeflonTomb has kept some of it on his channel. Still miss those old RE reviews though that drew me in in the first place. And that Nostromo project he did too.
Well for one I also enjoyed the track, it made me think I was listening to the tribal chanting dude from "one love" from the prodigy, only it's the morning after and he has a hangover. If you're gonna delete it I'd love to download it, might try to remix that as well some day :-)

Total agreement about TT removing some of his best stuff. My personal favourite was that 'living in waco texas' track, where the hell is that? Btw TeflonTomb and Peter Lansford are the same person. You will notice that they never appear in the same room together.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 16 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
16 Sep 2020
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.
These tracks are awesome. I also especially like the second one, but it was nice to hear some of the sequenced sounds being used in the first track as well. I'd love to try to remix one of these (if you are up for it) at some point!
Thanks. Good patches like these help tracks write themselves. And surely if you want to remix something that would be awesome! Just let me know when you are ready for me to send them to you.

strangers
Posts: 510
Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Location: NJ

Post 16 Sep 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.
Very cool tracks. I'm liking Thousand Ring Circus a lot. It's really interesting to hear all the different ideas that come from one source. Hearing these make me want to revisit a bunch of refills I have. Time to get to work...
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Well I'm glad the tracks has fueled some inspiration. That's awesome. And I really appreciate the nice words. Thank you.
However, even though it's always nice to have other people enjoying ones work, it's still myself I'm looking to please first and foremost. And in this case, the track doesn't pass my "good enough" test. So it's one week, then it's gone. If you want to download it, let me know. Maybe Teflon will include it in one of his videos and it's kept alive that way.

But I get it, I know it sometimes suck when an artist decides to withdraw material that you enjoy. I think both TeflonTomb and Peter Landsford have done it for example. Luckily TeflonTomb has kept some of it on his channel. Still miss those old RE reviews though that drew me in in the first place. And that Nostromo project he did too.
I totally get what you mean. You have to like what you're doing otherwise what's the point? The one-offs and one that didn't make the cut are always fun to hear so glad I was able to catch it in time.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 17 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Well for one I also enjoyed the track, it made me think I was listening to the tribal chanting dude from "one love" from the prodigy, only it's the morning after and he has a hangover. If you're gonna delete it I'd love to download it, might try to remix that as well some day :-)
Well I'm glad you like it. But if you're gonna remix one of my songs, please don't take my least favorite track. That's just cruel :lol:

Edit: Just decided to take it down. Honestly having this track up is giving me more distress than positive emotions. :lol: Not worth it.
Ahh that's better, now I can relax again. :)

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 540
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 17 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Auryn wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Well for one I also enjoyed the track, it made me think I was listening to the tribal chanting dude from "one love" from the prodigy, only it's the morning after and he has a hangover. If you're gonna delete it I'd love to download it, might try to remix that as well some day :-)
Well I'm glad you like it. But if you're gonna remix one of my songs, please don't take my least favorite track. That's just cruel :lol:

Edit: Just decided to take it down. Honestly having this track up is giving me more distress than positive emotions. :lol: Not worth it.
Ahh that's better, now I can relax again. :)
Wow don't worry man, I don't want to be known for artistic cruelty! What track would you suggest I remix? The Ogre's Cave?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 17 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
17 Sep 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Sep 2020

Well I'm glad you like it. But if you're gonna remix one of my songs, please don't take my least favorite track. That's just cruel :lol:

Edit: Just decided to take it down. Honestly having this track up is giving me more distress than positive emotions. :lol: Not worth it.
Ahh that's better, now I can relax again. :)
Wow don't worry man, I don't want to be known for artistic cruelty! What track would you suggest I remix? The Ogre's Cave?
It's cool. I was just kidding with the cruelty thing. :D I was just feeling really weird around the whole Shaman track from the beginning. Please don't take that comment seriously.
You know what, I have this track that I've started working on, but I don't know where to go with it next. It's got 2 different melodies/riffs that you could work with. And you can do whatever you want with the rest. I can send you a private link so you can decide if it's something you'd be interested in. How does that sound?

If not that one other tracks would be cool too. Ogre's Cave would be fine. Could also be a nice continuation on this whole refill thing.

Otherwise this track just screams for someone to expand on it. It's got a strong melody and a simple bass to support it. It's all Legend synth sounds.


Or this one

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 17 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
16 Sep 2020
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.
Very cool tracks. I'm liking Thousand Ring Circus a lot. It's really interesting to hear all the different ideas that come from one source. Hearing these make me want to revisit a bunch of refills I have. Time to get to work...
I appreciate it, thanks!

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 17 Sep 2020

strangers wrote:
16 Sep 2020
I think both TeflonTomb and Peter Landsford have done it for example. Luckily TeflonTomb has kept some of it on his channel. Still miss those old RE reviews though that drew me in in the first place. And that Nostromo project he did too.
I remember the Nostromo stuff too. I liked it, one track in particular, but it vanished into the ether. I told him i loved it too, but I think at the time that he even lost that track somewhere. Too bad.

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 17 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Otherwise this track just screams for someone to expand on it. It's got a strong melody and a simple bass to support it. It's all Legend synth sounds.
I love Air! Beautiful melody. :thumbs_up:

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 17 Sep 2020

Hey how about a ReasonTalk song remix challenge where we all remix each others songs?

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 540
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 17 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Auryn wrote:
17 Sep 2020


Wow don't worry man, I don't want to be known for artistic cruelty! What track would you suggest I remix? The Ogre's Cave?
It's cool. I was just kidding with the cruelty thing. :D I was just feeling really weird around the whole Shaman track from the beginning. Please don't take that comment seriously.
You know what, I have this track that I've started working on, but I don't know where to go with it next. It's got 2 different melodies/riffs that you could work with. And you can do whatever you want with the rest. I can send you a private link so you can decide if it's something you'd be interested in. How does that sound?

If not that one other tracks would be cool too. Ogre's Cave would be fine. Could also be a nice continuation on this whole refill thing.

Otherwise this track just screams for someone to expand on it. It's got a strong melody and a simple bass to support it. It's all Legend synth sounds.


Or this one
Hey thanks for these suggestions, that Air track sounds really nice! I also listened to that track you sent via PM. Do you mind if I ponder it for a few days before I pick one?

Anyway, here is the 2nd remix of A Dollar and a Coin, this time with additional commentary by TT and his sister, listening to the first version:



BTW a remix competition is always nice but I will be pretty busy with work in the coming month so I don't know how tight of a deadline I'll be able to manage. I take forever sometimes to finish and idea anyway.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2544
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 18 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Hey thanks for these suggestions, that Air track sounds really nice! I also listened to that track you sent via PM. Do you mind if I ponder it for a few days before I pick one?
Sure. Take your time. Ponder as long as you need.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2758
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 19 Sep 2020

modecca wrote:
12 Sep 2020
Auryn wrote:
11 Sep 2020

aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Sep 2020



Spectacular entry Auryn!!!


Amazing satire :D

Synthesizers have come a long way. Going from sounding like farts and beep boops to sounding like actual frogs/crickets.

New RE idea? Physically modelled cricket churps.
Image

User avatar
modecca
Posts: 744
Joined: 07 Jul 2016

Post 20 Sep 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Please enjoy these warm tracks fresh out of the oven. The delay was mostly to get the mix sounding the way I wanted.
Auryn wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Anyway, here is the 2nd remix of A Dollar and a Coin, this time with additional commentary by TT and his sister, listening to the first version:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Sep 2020
This track will only be up for a week. After that it's gone and hopefully forgotten. :lol:


🤡

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 20 Sep 2020

modecca wrote:
20 Sep 2020
I really value your commitment. I like that your oven was really on. :lol:

Don't let David make you self conscious about stroking your nose. Just notice the way David pronounced "plucks" 3:28.

Thanks for sharing my songs with your neighbor. It was cool to hear the opinion of someone outside the ReasonTalk circle. Let him know I appreciate his positive words.

10:40 Wow! you have an ear for identifying similar sounds and melodies. You have natural pitch detection in you. At first I didn't understand the comparison, but then I realized you are talking about the first 3 or so seconds.

You get me. On Guitarhead Clawskull I did indeed want to let the sounds speak for themselves by not getting too complicated with chords and melodies and stuff.

All percussion in both songs is from the refill btw, except for a factory soundbank supplemental kick that's buried in 1000 Ring Circus

I didn't get the comparison to Tool's Sober though I must say.

Thanks for your very kind approval of my tracks.

That 'psychedelic cave' groove in A Dollar And A Coin is uber 420 friendly. Good stuff. I love those delays on the vocals.

You got the comparison right again with Tritone's bootlegged track with The Good The Bad & The Ugly! I thought the track was good too!

User avatar
modecca
Posts: 744
Joined: 07 Jul 2016

Post 21 Sep 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
20 Sep 2020

I really value your commitment. I like that your oven was really on. :lol:
Don't let David make you self conscious about stroking your nose. Just notice the way David pronounced "plucks" 3:28.
Thanks for sharing my songs with your neighbor. It was cool to hear the opinion of someone outside the ReasonTalk circle. Let him know I appreciate his positive words.
10:40 Wow! you have an ear for identifying similar sounds and melodies. You have natural pitch detection in you. At first I didn't understand the comparison, but then I realized you are talking about the first 3 or so seconds.
You get me. On Guitarhead Clawskull I did indeed want to let the sounds speak for themselves by not getting too complicated with chords and melodies and stuff.
All percussion in both songs is from the refill btw, except for a factory soundbank supplemental kick that's buried in 1000 Ring Circus
I didn't get the comparison to Tool's Sober though I must say.
Thanks for your very kind approval of my tracks.
That 'psychedelic cave' groove in A Dollar And A Coin is uber 420 friendly. Good stuff. I love those delays on the vocals.
You got the comparison right again with Tritone's bootlegged track with The Good The Bad & The Ugly! I thought the track was good too!
My camcorder died in the process of making the video and cut off the part where the caller observed that it has been a full year since you have posted anything on soundcloud. I really hope you have been making music off the grid during that time, as you are one hell of a gifted musician.




🤡

User avatar
TheGodOfRainbows
Posts: 502
Joined: 31 Mar 2015

Post 22 Sep 2020

modecca wrote:
21 Sep 2020

My camcorder died in the process of making the video and cut off the part where the caller observed that it has been a full year since you have posted anything on soundcloud. I really hope you have been making music off the grid during that time, as you are one hell of a gifted musician.

Thanks Teflon for taking such interest in my stuff. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I have been making music in the last year, but for better or worse I like to release albums rather than singles, and I haven't really formed anything cohesive. Plus i'm out of room on SoundCloud and I haven't decided on whether I should make a new account or what.

BTW, your soundcloud activity has been fairly sparce too. You're great a creating abstract and often unsettling textured sonic journeys, each with it's own character. Keep it going!

Back to the Europandemonium ReFill. Is anyone else making music with it still? What about the callers on Teflon's show?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests