Tom Pritchard Sound Design ReFills now free - inc. Vast, Thorkit, Synthesis Collection

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
adfielding

16 Sep 2020

My good pal and sound designer extraordinaire Tom Pritchard is moving on from sound design, and as a result has decided to release all of his Tom Pritchard Sound Design ReFills for free.

For what it's worth, Vast and Thorkit in particular have formed a MASSIVE part of my sonic pallette over the years. I believe they're compatible with most versions of Reason as they're mostly based around built-in synths, with Thor in particular getting a lot of attention. These ReFills do a killer job of showcasing Reason's built-in devices, and if you've never checked them out before then you'd be a bit silly not to at this point, really.

I'm a bit sad that Tom's moving on from sound design, but I think it's awesome that he's decided to give away his ReFills, especially considering how good they are.

Loque

16 Sep 2020

Awesome. Say him thanks for that kind gift!
Reason12, Win10

Auryn

16 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
16 Sep 2020
My good pal and sound designer extraordinaire Tom Pritchard is moving on from sound design, and as a result has decided to release all of his Tom Pritchard Sound Design ReFills for free.
TP's refill's are awesome, big respect to him!

What is he moving on to?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

bxbrkrz

16 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
16 Sep 2020

For what it's worth, Vast and Thorkit in particular have formed a MASSIVE part of my sonic pallette over the years. I believe they're compatible with most versions of Reason as they're mostly based around built-in synths, with Thor in particular getting a lot of attention. These ReFills do a killer job of showcasing Reason's built-in devices, and if you've never checked them out before then you'd be a bit silly not to at this point, really.

I'm a bit sad that Tom's moving on from sound design, but I think it's awesome that he's decided to give away his ReFills, especially considering how good they are.
Would you be kind enough to share our deep appreciation to him, from those of us allergic to Twitter?
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2020

Tom Pritchard has some amazing patches. I bought thorkit II, this is something special, very inspiring pads. Good luck to him!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Jackjackdaw

16 Sep 2020

Just checked out a few of the patches. Quality stuff! I look forward to exploring it more. Big thanks!

stuk71

16 Sep 2020

Thanks TP, and thanks Adam for pointing them out

esselfortium

16 Sep 2020

This is very bittersweet... but Tom's sounds are amazing and now no one has any excuse not to grab them. Vast is something of a secret weapon for me, it always delivers when I reach for it. Thank you for your generosity!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Aosta

16 Sep 2020

Already own them all but it is great news for people who are yet to experience the awesomeness of these refills.
Sad to see he is moving away from sound design and hope he comes back in some capacity. I guess a lot has changed since the heyday of refills.
Tend the flame

soroc sosta

16 Sep 2020

Thanks, Very Kind! Best wishes on his new endeavors :thumbs_up:

robotgard

16 Sep 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

16 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
16 Sep 2020

Thanks Adam, does that mean we're going to be getting some Thor in this weeks stream.

moneykube

16 Sep 2020

wow... awesome gesture thanks so much
:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

colonel_mustard

16 Sep 2020

Thanks for the share, and best of luck to him :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2020

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

16 Sep 2020

Thanks for the heads up Adam! I'm sad to see Tom move on, he was one of the first sound designers that made my ear happy, his taste aligns with what I like a lot. Whatever he does I'm sure it will be great. His old name on the PUF was Stompp, and anytime I saw him post I made sure to read it. The community lost a pretty big contributor in my opinion. Best of luck Tom, you will be missed!

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2020

They are awesome! I still use them in my ambient/downtempo productions.

They are "evergreen" usable. :puf_smile:

adfielding wrote:
16 Sep 2020

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2020

Karim wrote:
17 Sep 2020
Thanks so much!!!

adfielding wrote:
16 Sep 2020

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

adfielding

17 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Awesome. Say him thanks for that kind gift!
bxbrkrz wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Would you be kind enough to share our deep appreciation to him, from those of us allergic to Twitter?
Will do! :)
Auryn wrote:
16 Sep 2020
TP's refill's are awesome, big respect to him!

What is he moving on to?
This is what he said in a reply to one of the tweets: "Not totally sure atm! Sound design was always a side-gig and I just don't quite have time for it anymore."
esselfortium wrote:
16 Sep 2020
This is very bittersweet... but Tom's sounds are amazing and now no one has any excuse not to grab them. Vast is something of a secret weapon for me, it always delivers when I reach for it. Thank you for your generosity!
I feel pretty much the same way - selfishly I just want more patches from Tom, dammit! :D That said, this is a seriously classy move on his part and I think it's a wonderful way to bring these sounds to a new audience.
Billy wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Thanks Adam, does that mean we're going to be getting some Thor in this weeks stream.
Oh almost certainly ;)
MarkTarlton wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Thanks for the heads up Adam! I'm sad to see Tom move on, he was one of the first sound designers that made my ear happy, his taste aligns with what I like a lot. Whatever he does I'm sure it will be great. His old name on the PUF was Stompp, and anytime I saw him post I made sure to read it. The community lost a pretty big contributor in my opinion. Best of luck Tom, you will be missed!
I felt very much the same way on the PUF - even when I was just starting out, anything new from Stompp was an immediate "I've got to check this out!" moment. His sounds and patches have always been excellent and hugely influential in what & how I write, and I think it's really cool that folks are still getting to experience that :)
Karim wrote:
17 Sep 2020

That's a wonderful way to describe them, and I totally agree.

Rising Night Wave

17 Sep 2020

OK, thanks for download. I shall check this out since all of you are saying he has pretty amazing sounds.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

turbopage
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2020

Beautiful gift! Thanks
Music Will Save Us

MannequinRaces

19 Sep 2020

Sad to see Tom exit the sound design realm. He is a master Thor patch designer. Everybody can learn some new tips / tricks just by studying his patches. I own a few of his Refills already and can't wait to check out the rest. Classy move by a classy dude.

deeplink
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2020

Wow these refills are incredible.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Tiny Montgomery

20 Sep 2020

Yes these are really great thank you

• Information