(160.86 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

stuk71

10 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
10 Sep 2020
Ok!!
Here mine
Hey arqui, your project file works as it should on MacOS Catalina and Reason 11 - so can confirm that your set up is correct and should work... however, I can see how frustrating this will be for you.

Maybe RS are aware of this and I really hope that we get more updates down the line for VST, hopefully at least VST 3.6 - Roland Cloud anyone?

arqui

10 Sep 2020

stuk71 wrote:
10 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
10 Sep 2020
Ok!!
Here mine
Hey arqui, your project file works as it should on MacOS Catalina and Reason 11 - so can confirm that your set up is correct and should work... however, I can see how frustrating this will be for you.

Maybe RS are aware of this and I really hope that we get more updates down the line for VST, hopefully at least VST 3.6 - Roland Cloud anyone?
As a result of this, today I dedicated myself to testing all the vst that incorporate Sidechain (compressors, Nova etc), surprise they all work well except Neutron 3.
I already wrote to iZotope and they opened a ticket, the problem must be theirs, that with different setups it works differently, I can't find another explanation.
Neutron compressor and gate don´t work sidechain too!!! shit!!! the problem is clearly of iZotope.
Thanks for checking

MattLeschuck

10 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
10 Sep 2020
stuk71 wrote:
10 Sep 2020

As a result of this, today I dedicated myself to testing all the vst that incorporate Sidechain (compressors, Nova etc), surprise they all work well except Neutron 3.
I already wrote to iZotope and they opened a ticket, the problem must be theirs, that with different setups it works differently, I can't find another explanation.
Neutron compressor and gate don´t work sidechain too!!! shit!!! the problem is clearly of iZotope.
Thanks for checking
I don't think VST 2 technically supports side chaining (i may be wrong on this). However, some manufactures have got it to work. I won't be surprised if Izotope's response is that its Reasons problem.. Keep us posted.

MattLeschuck

10 Sep 2020

stuk71 wrote:
10 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
10 Sep 2020
Ok!!
Here mine

Also just tested argui's files on Mac Mojave Reason 11 and it doesn't work for me. The Europa note being played causes the dynamic EQ to work, but the kick drum coming through does not.

On a side note, i just tested Neutron 1 and it does work haha.

This is so strange!

PhillipOrdonez

10 Sep 2020

The plot thickens! 😱

arqui

11 Sep 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Sep 2020
The plot thickens! 😱
the issue is like this, there is a communication problem between Reason 11 and the last update of Nectar 3 ... I hope they are trying to fix it ...

my angry is: using a free plugin (Nova eq) having a top-of-the-line one (Neutron 3) bought and it doesn't work ... :thumbs_down: :oops:
a question ... Fabfilter works? :?:

arqui

11 Sep 2020

I have a Macbook pro 2017 too. I use it to work only with Autocad and 3D software etc. (I'm Architect) - for all this frustration I installed Reason 11 and Neutron 3 (Last Version) .....

CONFIRMED!!! it also doesn't work on a macbook pro with Catalina 10.15.6 ...... !!

arqui

12 Sep 2020

MattLeschuck wrote:
10 Sep 2020
stuk71 wrote:
10 Sep 2020

Also just tested argui's files on Mac Mojave Reason 11 and it doesn't work for me. The Europa note being played causes the dynamic EQ to work, but the kick drum coming through does not.

This is so strange!
I Just try Neutron 1, but works bad, in sidechain take 2 signals (main and sidechain) togheter... horrible.... the best solution is TDR Nova EQ...
I'm totally frustrated, Izotope doesn't answer, and the people at Reasons Studio already know about the problem and can't find the solution ... I hope there will be news next week ...
PD: Fabfilter Pro Q3 ... Not Work sidechain in Reason 11........(Mac and Windows)

if anyone is interested I have a solution:
it's not orthodox, but it seems to work ....
create a CV boost with the Kick's audio in any RE Compressor with Gain Reduction CV out, send it to the cv input with a negative value addressed to the Neutron gain of the chosen node ...
if someone wants to pass the file ...although it behaves somewhat strange due to the amount of reverb in the hit ...
regards

MattLeschuck

13 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
12 Sep 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
10 Sep 2020

This is so strange!
I Just try Neutron 1, but works bad, in sidechain take 2 signals (main and sidechain) togheter... horrible.... the best solution is TDR Nova EQ...
I'm totally frustrated, Izotope doesn't answer, and the people at Reasons Studio already know about the problem and can't find the solution ... I hope there will be news next week ...
PD: Fabfilter Pro Q3 ... Not Work sidechain in Reason 11........(Mac and Windows)

create a CV boost with the Kick's audio in any RE Compressor with Gain Reduction CV out, send it to the cv input with a negative value addressed to the Neutron gain of the chosen node ...
if someone wants to pass the file ...although it behaves somewhat strange due to the amount of reverb in the hit ...
regards
Id just keep using Nova for Dynamic EQ duties over routing CV. Neutrons EQ module is my least favorite module of the group so I am not too bothered by it. The band scrubbing is so choppy i find it almost unusable.

Also the GE version of Nova is 40% off right now on plugin boutique. I snagged it for something like $26. The smart ops feature in it is REALLY good.

PhillipOrdonez

13 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
12 Sep 2020
MattLeschuck wrote:
10 Sep 2020

This is so strange!

regards
I don't recommend CV for this cause I think there's a delay there when one uses that.

arqui

15 Sep 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
12 Sep 2020

regards
I don't recommend CV for this cause I think there's a delay there when one uses that.
Using Channel Dynamic extension (Fast: ON, Release 100ms) the latency is a minimal and acceptable latency to make room for the beat of the drum. if my ears do not fail me ... :)
Regards

arqui

15 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
15 Sep 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Sep 2020

Using Channel Dynamic extension (Fast: ON, Release 100ms) the latency is a minimal and acceptable to make room for the beat of the drum. if my ears do not fail me ... :)
Regards
Last edited by arqui on 16 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2020

Bit late to the party here.

I have also had issues with Reason =>11.2 and sidechaining with N3.

I logged a ticket with both iZotope and RS, they more or less blamed each other.

From my testing..

Neutron 1, 2 and 3 works in Reason 11.0.1d21

Only Neutron 1 works in Reason 11.2d42 (it might work in 11.3 however it was over 3 months ago I did my main testing and logged the tickets!!!!)

I do know that N3 does not work with Reason 11.3

Something that we already know..
Capture (Large).JPG
Capture (Large).JPG (408.2 KiB) Viewed 3647 times

arqui

16 Sep 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2020

I logged a ticket with both iZotope and RS, they more or less blamed each other.

From my testing..

Only Neutron 1 works in Reason 11.2d42 (it might work in 11.3 however it was over 3 months ago I did my main testing and logged the tickets!!!!)

Capture (Large).JPG
Hi Carly, how are you?
I also made tickets and they answered me the same, blaming themselves, but nobody solves it, Fabfilter also stopped working ...
do not keep the installation files of version 11.0.1d21, do you know where I can download it? I am very disappointed with Reason, I am evaluating throwing everything away after almost two decades of being a user and moving to another DAW, I don't know ... I have a lot of money and time invested here and I feel like they don't give answers ...
regards

PhillipOrdonez

16 Sep 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2020

From my testing..

Capture (Large).JPG
If you read this thread, strangely, it does work for some of us on 11.3. at least works in the EQ but not the compressor 🤷‍♂️

arqui

16 Sep 2020

Can I install version 10, having already installed version 11? and that they coexist in harmony?
so I can make Neutron 3 work

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Can I install version 10, having already installed version 11? and that they coexist in harmony?
Yes you can install Reason 10.

Download link for Reason 11.1 here
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason111

arqui

16 Sep 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Yes you can install Reason 10.

Download link for Reason 11.1 here
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason111
Thanks Carly... beautiful rottweilers!!! :) I follow them on facebook

MattLeschuck

16 Sep 2020

This is what Reason support told me when i asked "For what I understand Sidechain in VSTs is a VST3 feature and while some developers have put a work around for this in their VST2.4 versions Reason doesn't currently support VST3".

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2020

From my testing..

Capture (Large).JPG
If you read this thread, strangely, it does work for some of us on 11.3. at least works in the EQ but not the compressor 🤷‍♂️
Arh, I only use the Compressor however I can't get the EQ to work either in R11.3, works on R10 OK..
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (286.92 KiB) Viewed 3622 times

MattLeschuck

16 Sep 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
16 Sep 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Sep 2020

Arh, I only use the Compressor however I can't get the EQ to work either in R11.3, works on R10 OK..

Capture.JPG
Whats interesting is if i wrap Waves F6 or Toneboosters EQ4 in BlueCat Audio's Patchwork and load it as a VST3 or AU the Dynamic section works perfect in Reason. However, Neutron 3 still doesn't work in Patchwork!

arqui

22 Sep 2020

Good news!! iZotope technical support informed me that both they and Reason support are working on solving the sidechain communication problem ... :)

Billy+

22 Sep 2020

arqui wrote:
22 Sep 2020
Good news!! iZotope technical support informed me that both they and Reason support are working on solving the sidechain communication problem ... :)
That's pretty awesome news if true, iZotope & Reason are working on issues together!

The main reason I haven't upgraded to ozone 9 advanced is because Neutron 3 advanced isn't fully functional in Reason 11

arqui

22 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
22 Sep 2020
arqui wrote:
22 Sep 2020
That's pretty awesome news if true, iZotope & Reason are working on issues together!

The main reason I haven't upgraded to ozone 9 advanced is because Neutron 3 advanced isn't fully functional in Reason 11
I don't know if they are working together, what they told me that they are both trying to solve the problem.
Ozone 9 Advanced work perfect in Reason 11, The only problem I have found in iZotope products is centered on Neutron 3 and the non-connection of the sidechain, and I'm not sure if that option works on Vocalsynth, because I don't have it ....I don't know if they have another vst that uses it.
Ozone 9 don't have sidechain...
Regards

• Information