[TECHNO] SPANK (Gmin - 136bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

14 Sep 2020

Oh golly - how many Kilohearts PhasePlants do you need to make a track?? Well - in my case i think it's about 4... the lead, bass, 303 arp, pads.
Wanted the drums to sound like a LIVE jazz band - so very splashy and groovy. Yet super tight.
Check my Soundcloud:

TheMiles

14 Sep 2020

Nice Track Dude. Listened to this shortly after i woke up and it instantly pushed my moods to the better! Great Track!

danc

14 Sep 2020

TheMiles wrote:
14 Sep 2020
Nice Track Dude. Listened to this shortly after i woke up and it instantly pushed my moods to the better! Great Track!
And that is the type of super positive response I'll gladly take each and every day of my life - more more more!

With that kind of response.. it spurs me on to get back to the keyboard and MAKE MORE

BTW a huge amount of the sounds you hear are sounds i made in my Roland Jupiter 80 and sampled - dropping them into PhasePlant for further processing. Just realised there is another PP in there... it has the vocal stab that is dotted around. And I play around with (modulate) the looping in PP.

GLAD YOU LIKED IT!
Check my Soundcloud:

Rising Night Wave

14 Sep 2020

hahaha i am loling now. don't know why.
great song.

you got one like and one repost from me on soundclooud.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

14 Sep 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
14 Sep 2020
hahaha i am loling now. don't know why.
great song.

you got one like and one repost from me on soundclooud.
Another BIG SMILE from me to receive this. I want to tidy this track up and get it launched. Have been in talks to various labels recently. Last year I had 4 tracks put out on NEOSTATICS. records. Think this is my next single - just has something about it.

https://www.beatport.com/release/dont-l ... ut/2708109
Check my Soundcloud:

Rising Night Wave

15 Sep 2020

i will be glad to hear from you that you found a record label for this song. it is just great. thumbs up.

about the link: sorry: i will be honest: i don't like that much those four songs. i hope this won't spoil your day. :/ sorry, okey?
look: every artist has it's best and it's average songs. these four are just average. ... sorry again.

keep on working... :D
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

15 Sep 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
15 Sep 2020
i will be glad to hear from you that you found a record label for this song. it is just great. thumbs up.

about the link: sorry: i will be honest: i don't like that much those four songs. i hope this won't spoil your day. :/ sorry, okey?
look: every artist has it's best and it's average songs. these four are just average. ... sorry again.

keep on working... :D
Not spoilt in any way.... because...
I don't disagree with your thoughts re the other tracks. Like all of us I am ever improving production skills, musicality, and finding my style, my distinct sound etc.

Still pushing hard to stand out from the crowd. Getting there.
Check my Soundcloud:

Auryn

26 Sep 2020

danc wrote:
14 Sep 2020

Oh golly - how many Kilohearts PhasePlants do you need to make a track?? Well - in my case i think it's about 4... the lead, bass, 303 arp, pads.
Wanted the drums to sound like a LIVE jazz band - so very splashy and groovy. Yet super tight.
enjoyed this track, it's got a kind of manic energy about it that feels fresh, production sounds good. the splashes of jazz/brass throughout are cool, reminds me a bit of the old house classic "plastic dreams" by Jaydee. I'm posting a link below because I also feel like what is missing from this track is a bit of structure/narrative to the arrangement. So have a listen to how that track is "built up":

Mix think (certainly for a house/techno track) there is slightly too much mid and slightly too little bass. Especially the kick I feel should be a little more prominent.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

danc

26 Sep 2020

Auryn wrote:
26 Sep 2020
danc wrote:
14 Sep 2020

enjoyed this track, it's got a kind of manic energy about it that feels fresh, production sounds good. the splashes of jazz/brass throughout are cool, reminds me a bit of the old house classic "plastic dreams" by Jaydee. I'm posting a link below because I also feel like what is missing from this track is a bit of structure/narrative to the arrangement. So have a listen to how that track is "built up":

Mix think (certainly for a house/techno track) there is slightly too much mid and slightly too little bass. Especially the kick I feel should be a little more prominent.
Serious thanks for thoughts and insight. Agree re the mix being a little bit off (especially mid range and kick needs to be more kicking) - will work on it. Also will experiment more with arrangement. But just as important - glad you liked the idea.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information