What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Aosta

11 Sep 2020

The insanely archaic search function for missing sounds in a track. I can scan an entire hard drive for a sound in windows faster than it takes for reason to search a few refills....oh and Combinator 2 please.
Tend the flame

stuk71

11 Sep 2020

Midi routing for VST and an upgrade to VST 3

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2020

Subscription option with pausing like Studio One has on Splice.com

Creativemind

12 Sep 2020

avasopht wrote:
11 Sep 2020
Subscription option with pausing like Studio One has on Splice.com
Subscription option to upgrade? if so, and that's your one thing you want, you'd be subscribing to something that has nothing new from what it has now?

I wouldn't want Reason to be subscription unless it was subscribe to upgrade and you could freeze it too and as an option not outright.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

raymondh

12 Sep 2020

Well I finally caved, and upgraded! I could not wait for HiDPI :)

Running the Reason Lite in Reaper, love the way the plugin works, but I was missing Kong and NN-XT, and could not use my two favourite refills (Kings of Kong, and Way Beyond Fairlight).

In Reaper, you can set up track templates, so with one menu click in Reaper it drops in a new drum track with RRP pre-loaded with Kong and the LinnDrum patch from Kings of Kong. Cool!

MarkTarlton

12 Sep 2020

raymondh wrote:
12 Sep 2020

Running the Reason Lite in Reaper, love the way the plugin works, but I was missing Kong and NN-XT, and could not use my two favourite refills (Kings of Kong, and Way Beyond Fairlight).

In Reaper, you can set up track templates, so with one menu click in Reaper it drops in a new drum track with RRP pre-loaded with Kong and the LinnDrum patch from Kings of Kong. Cool!
did you upgrade to the suite version? I know jrrshop has it for 189.95 US pricing, which is 60 dollars off reason studios upgrade path. are you just using it in reaper, or do you still load it in stand alone mode? hope all is well :)

raymondh

12 Sep 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
12 Sep 2020
raymondh wrote:
12 Sep 2020

did you upgrade to the suite version? I know jrrshop has it for 189.95 US pricing, which is 60 dollars off reason studios upgrade path. are you just using it in reaper, or do you still load it in stand alone mode? hope all is well :)
Hi Mark - Hope you're doing great too! :)

Every dollar counts when I convert to NZD :) So I just went for the $129 USD standard version.
I have most of the REs in Suite already. It would have been nice to get Retro Beats and Scenic, but I don't feel I need them. And I have some psychological barrier calling drum parts "beats". I think I'm showing my age haha!!!

I'm not sure whether I'll use it in standalone mode yet or not. I haven't yet made a full song in Reaper, so the plan is to 'commit' to Reaper for some full songs and then work out a good workflow.
Then if it turns out to be slower than in-the-box Reason, then I'll probably use both DAWs. So far, I'm finding Reaper more cluttered and less intuitive than Reason, but more powerful and faster workflow - especially not having to change context between rack, sequencer, mixer. And I think Reason Studios did an excellent implementation of the RRP. It's a joy to use.
Carl & I are looking to use Reaper for the core DAW/sequencer for our next Pacific Deep album - so we've been experimenting on how good Reaper is as a collaborative tool. A lot of learning so far. Don't want to derail this thread so if any interest, I could start up a Reaper thread in the Kitchen.

cheers!

jam-s

12 Sep 2020

Official support for debian linux.

MarkTarlton

12 Sep 2020

raymondh wrote:
12 Sep 2020
MarkTarlton wrote:
12 Sep 2020

Every dollar counts when I convert to NZD :) So I just went for the $129 USD standard version.
I have most of the REs in Suite already. It would have been nice to get Retro Beats and Scenic, but I don't feel I need them. And I have some psychological barrier calling drum parts "beats". I think I'm showing my age haha!!!

I'm not sure whether I'll use it in standalone mode yet or not. I haven't yet made a full song in Reaper, so the plan is to 'commit' to Reaper for some full songs and then work out a good workflow.
Then if it turns out to be slower than in-the-box Reason, then I'll probably use both DAWs. So far, I'm finding Reaper more cluttered and less intuitive than Reason, but more powerful and faster workflow - especially not having to change context between rack, sequencer, mixer. And I think Reason Studios did an excellent implementation of the RRP. It's a joy to use.
Carl & I are looking to use Reaper for the core DAW/sequencer for our next Pacific Deep album - so we've been experimenting on how good Reaper is as a collaborative tool. A lot of learning so far. Don't want to derail this thread so if any interest, I could start up a Reaper thread in the Kitchen.

cheers!
I look forward to hearing how you guys get along with the new workflow. It's always a fun experience listening to your projects that all seem to have a nice retro sound that brings me back to the 80's :)

raymondh

12 Sep 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
12 Sep 2020
raymondh wrote:
12 Sep 2020

cheers!
I look forward to hearing how you guys get along with the new workflow. It's always a fun experience listening to your projects that all seem to have a nice retro sound that brings me back to the 80's :)
thanks Mark! That's nice of you to say! :)

PhillipOrdonez

12 Sep 2020

RRP loading vsts would make me upgrade in an instant if I wasn't already on 11 😎

• Information