Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

05 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
05 Aug 2020

Well... funny you should ask...

tl;dr - I'll be starting half an hour earlier this week and it'll be a shorter Q&A/free-form stream.
I'm guessing commercial interest which has to come first so I'm sure we can all forgive you, but I'm thinking at some point your going to have to cover a pop style arrangement in a disco style genre to please the masses, or maybe just me :lol:

Have a good one, catch you on Thursday.

Heigen5

05 Aug 2020

I might tune in also. The last time was a brilliant show - so I hope that Mr. Fielding keeps up the spirit to make it worthwhile in the next live show too. I couldn't do it myself cos my english skills are limited and stuff. I'm ready to jump in and connect.

adfielding

06 Aug 2020

Thanks guys - I'm still planning to go ahead tonight at 6:30pm BST, I've got a few ideas for things I'd like to cover (including what I'm planning on doing with the existing stream tracks), but I imagine it's going to delve into the realms of "talking nonsense and going off on tangents" :)

Billy+

06 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Thanks guys - I'm still planning to go ahead tonight at 6:30pm BST, I've got a few ideas for things I'd like to cover (including what I'm planning on doing with the existing stream tracks), but I imagine it's going to delve into the realms of "talking nonsense and going off on tangents" :)
Sounds as good of a plan as any, see you there.

adfielding

06 Aug 2020

Thanks a bunch to everyone who made it today, apologies again for the brevity and sporadic nature of today's stream - back to music making next week :)

If you're still after something to watch to fill the music-making hole, I can recommend this because it's well good.

Billy+

09 Aug 2020

Very interesting video, I'm glad I don't need a room like that to make a noise - I don't think the other half would cope knowing it was that messy in my man cave lol

adfielding

13 Aug 2020

Just a reminder that I'll (finally!) be returning to my usual stream format of creating a complete tune from scratch in Reason.

Stream starts at 7pm BST over at twitch.tv/adfielding. Hope to see some of you there :)

Billy+

13 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
13 Aug 2020
Just a reminder that I'll (finally!) be returning to my usual stream format of creating a complete tune from scratch in Reason.

Stream starts at 7pm BST over at twitch.tv/adfielding. Hope to see some of you there :)
Yeah, what's the genre tonight?

adfielding

14 Aug 2020

Thanks so much to everyone who made it last night, really happy with how this particular tune turned out! If you missed the stream, no problem - I've uploaded it to YouTube here.

As always, if you'd like to check out the project file and/or MP3/FLAC exports, you can grab those here - both for this particular track and for all other stream tracks.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

I'll be back again next week, August 20th at 7pm BST for another music-making stream. Cheers!

adfielding

20 Aug 2020

Just a reminder that I'll be streaming again tonight at 7pm BST. This'll be another music-making session over on Twitch - come along, it'll be fun!

Check out the stream here.

Hope to see some of you there! Cheers :)

adfielding

21 Aug 2020

Thanks so much again to everyone who made it last night! I thought it was really awesome that there was at least one viewer "playing along", and how that particular suggestion ended up in the track itself (thanks ASM!) - lovely use of a FSB patch, really added a nice bit of flavour I think :)

If you missed it, the video is now up on YouTube and you can check it out right here.

As always, the project file/WAV & FLAC exports are all available to grab from my livestream Dropbox folder so you can check all of that stuff out here.

...and if you just want to check out the tune then, hey! You can check that out here.

I'll be back same time next week for another music-making stream, would be nice to do something a bit more up-tempo but we'll see how it goes.

adfielding

27 Aug 2020

It's that time of the week again! I'll be streaming tonight at 7pm BST over on Twitch, and this time I fully intend to write something with a bit of an old-school jungle flavour.

You can check out the stream here.

Would be great to see some RT faces over there! :)

Billy+

27 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
27 Aug 2020
It's that time of the week again! I'll be streaming tonight at 7pm BST over on Twitch, and this time I fully intend to write something with a bit of an old-school jungle flavour.

You can check out the stream here.

Would be great to see some RT faces over there! :)
Yet another excellent stream Adam, thanks for a fun night of music making.

Anyone after the samples link, it's here :- https://www.blumarten.com/product/jungl ... mple-pack/

adfielding

28 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Yet another excellent stream Adam, thanks for a fun night of music making.

Anyone after the samples link, it's here :- https://www.blumarten.com/product/jungl ... mple-pack/
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it - I had a total blast with this one, always love writing a bit of jungle :) Thanks for including the sample link as well, I might have forgotten to include that in the YouTube description until... well... just now, really.

Speaking of which, if you missed it last night then you can check out the stream on YouTube here.

If you'd rather just give the tune a listen, you can check that out here on Soundcloud.

...and, as always, if you'd like to check out the tweaked project file or grab an MP3/FLAC export, you can grab those from here for both this track and all of my other livestream tracks.

I fully anticipate doing a bit of a look back over the past few tracks during next week's stream, I've got a bit of a backlog of changes and tweaks I'd like to talk about and go over so it'll be nice to dive into those projects again.

adfielding

29 Aug 2020

So... pretty much immediately after last Thursday's stream I was wondering if it'd be possible to de-make the tune (Facing Giants) using some more era-appropriate software. The answer, as it turns out, was "yes".

This was put together by bouncing the constituent samples from Reason and re-sequencing the entire thing. Took a few hours, was pretty good fun actually! The final tracker file ended up just over 2mb in size, though I reckon I could trim that quite easily... but that's a task for another time, methinks.

adfielding

03 Sep 2020

I'll be back on stream tonight (September 3rd) at the usual time (7pm BST), this time going over the past 4 tunes written during these streams and doing a general Q&A. Come along and ask me stuff!

twitch.tv/adfielding

Billy+

08 Sep 2020

Not sure if you've seen this but I thought you might like it

Some nice fat kicks
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5b5273 ... 513/f526f5

adfielding

09 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Not sure if you've seen this but I thought you might like it

Some nice fat kicks
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/5b5273 ... 513/f526f5
Thanks! I'll check that out when I get a minute :)

stuk71

09 Sep 2020

Hey Adam... there is a track on BT’s latest album called ‘If I Can Love You Right’ that has some very Fieldingesque qualities about it.

Did you swing by his studio or did he drop in on you?

adfielding

10 Sep 2020

stuk71 wrote:
09 Sep 2020
Hey Adam... there is a track on BT’s latest album called ‘If I Can Love You Right’ that has some very Fieldingesque qualities about it.

Did you swing by his studio or did he drop in on you?
Ha! I'm not hearing it myself, but BT's been a big influence on me over the years. I haven't checked out his latest album as I mostly lost interest after ASAW (I was really, really not into that album), though I recently got around to finally listening to "_" and really liked it. Outside of a bit of Stutter Edit abuse and me remixing a cover of Mercury & Solace about a decade ago, there's been no overlap I'm afraid :)

adfielding

10 Sep 2020

I'll be streaming again tonight (September 10th) at 7pm BST! Things seem to have cooled down quite considerably here and it feels like Autumn's kicking in quite suddenly, so I would love to do something a bit darker and a bit deeper this week. Maybe I'll even bust out Pendulate! Either way it'll be a good one :)

twitch.tv/adfielding

Billy+

10 Sep 2020

Did some cover art for you :lol:
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG (208.29 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
It's small for the forum :roll:

adfielding

11 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
10 Sep 2020
Did some cover art for you :lol:
Haha, thanks for that :) Cheers for all of the suggstions and title suggestion last night though, this ended up being one of my favourite streams and I massively appreciate the steering and directions from both yourself and the rest of the stream crew!

On the note - if you missed it last night, I've uploaded the stream to YouTube here.

As always, you can grab the project file/MP3/FLAC export for all of my stream tracks via this handy Dropbox folder as well.

...and if you just want to hear the tune in its lengthy 10+ minute glory (wut), you can do that right here.

Thanks again to everyone who made it last night, looking forward to writing something new next week!

Billy+

12 Sep 2020

adfielding wrote:
11 Sep 2020

Haha, thanks for that :) Cheers for all of the suggstions and title suggestion last night though, this ended up being one of my favourite streams and I massively appreciate the steering and directions from both yourself and the rest of the stream crew!
No worries another excellent night as always Adam.

Been on a jungle vibe today and really think you need to nail a way to get a vinyl rewind for the next jungle track ;)
Maybe a bit of GM piano & Friktion strings :o
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG (193.07 KiB) Viewed 2347 times

adfielding

17 Sep 2020

Howdy folks! Tonight's stream is still a-go at the usual time - though this time I'll be using only stock Reason devices and samples... oh, and - to mark the free release of Tom Pritchard's ReFills - I'll be using a whole heaping of patches from those. Should be fun :)

• Information