Sequences from Robotic Bean - 1.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Sterioevo

15 May 2020

Well the thing about the Digitakt is that it is hardware and it is a momentary button, and as a result can be played like an instrument.

PhillipOrdonez

15 May 2020

Could be a button on the front panel? That way you can automate or assign to a controller. It would be more powerful than the fill function on the digitakt because it would not have the same constrains ( same step cannot have two trig conditions on it)

Sterioevo

15 May 2020

The performance control on Sononics GSX is a good example of a multi function interface - playable and overridable. Using allocated midi notes allows you to play with the on-screen keyboard and the mouse - with both behaving as momentary switches, an external keyboard responds this way by default too.

What would be interesting is a performance mode that lets you "play" the data lanes, e.g. allocate an octave to these controls? Opening up powerful possibilities as suggested by Phillip. Just a thought...
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 11.21.07 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 11.21.07 am.png (335.78 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

Crumbfort

18 Jul 2020

Been playing around with Sequences for the first time in a little while... ye gods I love this thing.

I have a Make Noise 0-Ctrl that is just brilliant:

Couple things from the 0-Ctrl that I think would just be killer if implemented into Sequences:

-End of pattern gate/trigger OUT (granted, 0-Ctrl has gate outs for EVERY step, but I think this might be overkill in Sequences)
-Gate/trigger IN to toggle between normal playback and reverse playback

Not sure if these feature requests are possible or not, or if anyone else would find them intriguing, but I figured I'd throw that out there!

Thanks again for such a dope device!
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Crumbfort

16 Aug 2020

Anyone interested in the above ideas?

Crazy Archer.gif
Crazy Archer.gif (941.46 KiB) Viewed 1286 times

:P

EDIT: Ufda, maybe eurorack HAS made me a little crazy... I regret nothing!! :twisted:
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

VariableX

08 Sep 2020

buddard wrote:
08 Feb 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
08 Feb 2020
Now that we have per note settings, do you think probability is viable? For drums this would be especially cool but you could have chords where additional notes/voicings come in and out randomly. Just a thought but, not to hit you with more requests straight after such a meaty update. Just putting it on the radar ;)
Yeah, we're taking a break from Sequences now to work on other stuff, at least for the next couple of months. But we're hoping to make at least one more update for Sequences later on!

Probability is definitely viable, and it's a hot candidate for the next update, although nothing is confirmed until we actually start working on it. ;)

The idea right now is to include it as part of a full implementation of trigger conditions (probability, recurrence, dependency to previous condition, etc, etc), similar to what we did on Step Note Recorder. We're still debating whether to make it per-note or per-step. Per-note is cool because the conditions will follow along when you move or copy notes, but it introduces some very tricky cases to consider, both from a functional and UX perspective. So there's a lot to think about! :)
plz plz plz probability 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Loque

08 Sep 2020

Crumbfort wrote:
18 Jul 2020
-End of pattern gate/trigger OUT (granted, 0-Ctrl has gate outs for EVERY step, but I think this might be overkill in Sequences)
-Gate/trigger IN to toggle between normal playback and reverse playback
Interesting idea. This is already available in Thor. And i am not sure, but i think i saw this in another sequencer too and also in a CV utility... Personally, i am not that much into chaining a big bunch of stuff together, but sometimes i whish the simple Matrix had a way to chain sequences together...So maybe its not a too bad idea...

Maybe it can be improved somehow, to make a CV Trigger to switch to the next pattern, which could be triggered by itself on CV End Pattern output. Now add some Random/Pendelum/FWDLoop/... as a swich and you have a endless note generator...The problem here is, when will it stop?
Reason12, Win10

loopeydoug

08 Sep 2020

Speaking of probability, what I'd love to see in a sequencer is Probability Grouping, where in you would select a group of notes and they would either 'all trigger' or 'none trigger' , based on probability.

DJMaytag

08 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
08 Sep 2020
The problem here is, when will it stop?
Why does it need to stop?

Signed,
John Cage

:lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Sep 2020

Euclid popped up in the new arrivals section so I opened Reason, dug it out (haven't looked at it in a long time), fired six of them on a Kong then put a Euclidean Rhythms on the top. Maaaaaan!!!! What can I say. The Bean rocks it!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Biolumin3sc3nt

08 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 Sep 2020
Euclid popped up in the new arrivals section so I opened Reason, dug it out (haven't looked at it in a long time), fired six of them on a Kong then put a Euclidean Rhythms on the top. Maaaaaan!!!! What can I say. The Bean rocks it!
Hell Yeah dude!

DJMaytag

08 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 Sep 2020
The Bean rocks it!
I haven’t tried that player version yet (I have the older RE), but I can vouch for how awesome RB’s products are! CV-I and CV-O are indispensable items in my workflow, integrating Reason’s CV into the real world for modulations into my Eurorack setup.

• Information