Korg Minilogue XD

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

05 Sep 2020

Guess who just ordered a new Korg minilogue XD this morning? I'll give you a hint:

Hoping to have it by Wednesday. Anyone else here have this synth? If so, what's your thoughts? Any tips/tricks or favorite things about it you want to share?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

05 Sep 2020

Congrats! I'll probably get a Korg nts-1 soon so I've been looking at how it can be expanded. The minilogue XD can do the same...
https://korginc.github.io/logue-sdk/unit-index/
I've heard good things about the sinevibes and dirtbox stuff.

EnochLight

06 Sep 2020

I was looking at the Korg nts-1 as well, but figured - what the hell - decided to go for the big boy. Thanks for the logue-sdk link - I'll check it out!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

TheDragonborg

06 Sep 2020

Being spoiled with having A Roland JX-3P and an Alpha Juno-1 I never really felt the need for a new analog polysynth. Yeah yeah, I know they don't have knobs. But both have that unmistakable vintage Roland sound. Though I see you have the System-8. Not too big on the Aira series other than the TR-8 which I freakin love and my TB-3 is pretty good but my TD-3 destroys it as far as actually sounding like a 303, but the TB-3 stays because of banks C and D which are really out there and fun to play around with.

Also the Minilogue XD isn't the big boy... that's the Prologue... lol the Minilogue XD is just the medium boy. Anyway enjoy the synth!

As far as a Minilogue goes I think I'd rather have the Monologue. 4 voices is just not enough polyphony for me so it would mostly get used as a monosynth anyway as I like poly sounds with long release.

EnochLight

06 Sep 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Also the Minilogue XD isn't the big boy... that's the Prologue...
Well, I was just comparing it to the nts-1 is all... ;) :lol:

So does anyone have the Minilogue XD here?

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
06 Sep 2020
TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Also the Minilogue XD isn't the big boy... that's the Prologue...
Well, I was just comparing it to the nts-1 is all... ;) :lol:

So does anyone have the Minilogue XD here?
If Peter Lansford was still around... I know he's got one! He seemed to really enjoy it and was making some really cool music with it.

For me it was always a toss up between the minilogue or the deepmind 12 for my first synth. I still want one :D

dannyF

06 Sep 2020

I used to own it. The sound is gorgeous. "sharp and warm" is what I recall. Only sold it because I didn't get on with the keys at the time and for some other reasons which I felt justified in believing. ie I didn't like the interface. In reality I wasn't focusing enough and a bit lazy ......but considering the XD module now.

I also own the Prologue 16. So I am familiar with the sound and the territory.

I wish these synths had audio in to use their effects, which are excellent.

dannyF

06 Sep 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Being spoiled with having A Roland JX-3P and an Alpha Juno-1 I never really felt the need for a new analog polysynth. Yeah yeah , I know they don't have knobs. But both have that unmistakable vintage Roland sound.
You can get aftermarket programmers that are quite good. I just picked up an AJ-2 and planning on it.
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (71.55 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

TheDragonborg

06 Sep 2020

dannyF wrote:
06 Sep 2020
TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Being spoiled with having A Roland JX-3P and an Alpha Juno-1 I never really felt the need for a new analog polysynth. Yeah yeah , I know they don't have knobs. But both have that unmistakable vintage Roland sound.
You can get aftermarket programmers that are quite good. I just picked up an AJ-2 and planning on it.

Screenshot_1.jpg
Oh I know... but I just bought an expanded TR-8.

EnochLight

06 Sep 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020

I’ve got the TR-8 with the 7x7 expansion. Considering selling it and getting the TR-8S, but haven’t made up my mind yet.

TheDragonborg

06 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
06 Sep 2020
TheDragonborg wrote:
06 Sep 2020

I’ve got the TR-8 with the 7x7 expansion. Considering selling it and getting the TR-8S, but haven’t made up my mind yet.
The individual outputs on the TR-8S would be really nice, but I didn't need the sample support since I have an E-MU ESI-2000 for that. It's enough for me that I can have the kick and snare/clap on their own dedicated outputs.

GEran21

07 Feb 2023

Korg Minilogue XD is nicely synth. It hasn`t many voices but Minilogue XD sounds very good because it`s little Korg Prologue, including the best characteristic.

In this video I combine the Minilogue XD with TC Electronics D-Two and I consider that it`s such good tandem.

*MOD EDIT*

YOUTUBE>>
<<
:thumbup: Synthesizers, Effect Processors, VSTi & VST >> https://progressiveaxleradio.com <<

• Information