Reason Studios recruit Beta Testers!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2020

To add, the DAWs that do it aren't perfect, so you still can't trust them 100%. Same with Serato, Loopcloud etc.

Gotta use your ears still. But Melodyne with DNA speeds things up a lot and helps you confirm what you hear, especially with sounds that are tonally a bit messy. Since you see the notes in Melodyne you can also figure out any ambiguities a bit more easily.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Billy+

27 Aug 2020

Thought this was beta testing thread?

Has anyone been contacted? Or is it like fight club... shit I've said too much.

jaeproduced

27 Aug 2020

So I got the new update for Reason today and also got invited to start Beta Testing super weird...

DaveyG

27 Aug 2020

In terms of chart hits of today, FL Studio has it wrapped up - no contest.
You might not like the music but it is absolutely where it is at for modern producers.
I find it confusing and cluttered but it is definitely successful.

jaeproduced

29 Aug 2020

Has anyone else checked out the new beta testing platform? Thoughts?

Biolumin3sc3nt

30 Aug 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
29 Aug 2020
Yes! So please post there on the beta specific forum!

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2020

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2020
I know it was in jest, but I kind of agree that FL isn’t great—at least not for recording audio. tried demoing it just after R11 dropped, but it was not a good experience to record audio. shame too, I wanted badly to love it. it’s a really gorgeous DAW, and does have some intriguing features.
I demoed it way back in 2007 when I was exploring other options. Recording was pretty cool, especially with slicer and the ease of dragging waves around.

But it always felt like a lesser version of Live to me. Like they were shooting for the same target, but missed and just rolled with it.

EnochLight

31 Aug 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
29 Aug 2020
NDA's won't allow any discussion here. Sorry!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

31 Aug 2020

Got an invite! Excited to see what it's all about later tonight!! :crazy:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jaeproduced

01 Sep 2020

Alright, Alright based on what i'm hearing & seeing Reason 12 is a NO GO for 2020 so I guess i'm to just going to have to buy a dope VST workstation or synth any suggestions?

EnochLight

02 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
01 Sep 2020
Alright, Alright based on what i'm hearing & seeing Reason 12 is a NO GO for 2020 so I guess i'm to just going to have to buy a dope VST workstation or synth any suggestions?
Yes. Reason 11.

:puf_bigsmile: :mrgreen:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jaeproduced

02 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
02 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
01 Sep 2020
Yes. Reason 11.

:puf_bigsmile: :mrgreen:
Been rocking with Reason since Reason 3.0 didn't get the Suite only Reason 11 Standard...

EnochLight

03 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
02 Sep 2020
Been rocking with Reason since Reason 3.0 didn't get the Suite only Reason 11 Standard...
I was just messing with you. ;) :thumbs_up: Asking what DAW (VST workstation) or (presumably?) plugin you should get is an extremely vague question. If you're being serious, the typical response would be: what kind of music do you focus on? What interests you? What's your go-to plugins right now?

jaeproduced

03 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
02 Sep 2020
I was just messing with you. ;) :thumbs_up: Asking what DAW (VST workstation) or (presumably?) plugin you should get is an extremely vague question. If you're being serious, the typical response would be: what kind of music do you focus on? What interests you? What's your go-to plugins right now?
DopeSonix VSTs, Digital Factory MoPhat, Proteus 2000, Output Exhale actually all of them except Arcade & reason stock sounds...Mainly producing hip hop, pop & RnB

EnochLight

03 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020
Mainly producing hip hop, pop & RnB
Have you considered getting an Akai MPC Live, One, or X?

QVprod

03 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020
EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2020

DopeSonix VSTs, Digital Factory MoPhat, Proteus 2000, Output Exhale actually all of them except Arcade & reason stock sounds...Mainly producing hip hop, pop & RnB
Fellow Hiphop and R&B producer here. Sounds like you have plenty. What do you think you’re missing? As a guy who has several things Komplete 12, V Collection 7, Reason Suite, some REs....and more... I don’t use half of it. New things are rarely the answer unless they provide something you don’t already have.

jaeproduced

03 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020
Mainly producing hip hop, pop & RnB
Have you considered getting an Akai MPC Live, One, or X?
Naw I quit hardware years ago I like to produced mobile and that's too much hardware to be lugging around. Macbook pro, external harddrive full of VSTs, midi keyboard & headphones while I travel the world making beats...I like to keep it simple but effective.

jaeproduced

03 Sep 2020

QVprod wrote:
03 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020

Fellow Hiphop and R&B producer here. Sounds like you have plenty. What do you think you’re missing? As a guy who has several things Komplete 12, V Collection 7, Reason Suite, some REs....and more... I don’t use half of it. New things are rarely the answer unless they provide something you don’t already have.
Man, I am a virtual gear junkie I swear plugin boutique stays in my pocket I just like virtual instruments like a fat kid likes cake...

EnochLight

03 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020
Naw I quit hardware years ago I like to produced mobile and that's too much hardware to be lugging around. Macbook pro, external harddrive full of VSTs, midi keyboard & headphones while I travel the world making beats...I like to keep it simple but effective.
The MPC Live 2 was literally created for your scenario (the Live is battery powered and would replace your laptop), but that's cool. I use both. It's not a workflow that is for everyone, I just see a metric shit ton of hip hop heads using them these days.

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
01 Sep 2020
You sound like you already have just about anything.

The only other thing I might suggest is Korg Collection. That gives you a pretty decent workstation with some timeless analogue synths. Right now I'm in a definite excess of sounds and synths.

But it doesn't sound like you need it as your existing plugins covers more than enough ground.

jaeproduced

04 Sep 2020

avasopht wrote:
04 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
01 Sep 2020
You sound like you already have just about anything.

The only other thing I might suggest is Korg Collection. That gives you a pretty decent workstation with some timeless analogue synths. Right now I'm in a definite excess of sounds and synths.

But it doesn't sound like you need it as your existing plugins covers more than enough ground.
Yeah I was looking at the Korg Collections a bit pricey I'll have to wait on a sale...

TrueStory

11 Sep 2020

jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020
EnochLight wrote:
03 Sep 2020

Check out Heat Up 3. I'm about to cop this myself. It's definitely geared towards hip hop, RNB and trap music. Reason has some dope basses in the Subtractor, Thor and Scream for Boom Bap 90's or 9th Wonder type beats. Also you can definitely get some hot trap beats going in Reason but you won't find too much vintage hip hop in the stock sounds.

https://initialaudio.com/product/heatup3/

jaeproduced

11 Sep 2020

TrueStory wrote:
11 Sep 2020
jaeproduced wrote:
03 Sep 2020

Check out Heat Up 3. I'm about to cop this myself. It's definitely geared towards hip hop, RNB and trap music. Reason has some dope basses in the Subtractor, Thor and Scream for Boom Bap 90's or 9th Wonder type beats. Also you can definitely get some hot trap beats going in Reason but you won't find too much vintage hip hop in the stock sounds.

https://initialaudio.com/product/heatup3/
Copy that thank you sir...

baloo

15 Sep 2020

Does Reason 11 support at beta test or may be in current public version new macOS 11 BigSur, that coming to public release tomorrow 16th September?

Arjanders

29 Sep 2020

I would like to join, but the requirement is to already own a copy of Reason 11. But since I will install the beta besides the stable version, what is the point of this requirement?

• Information