Has Cableguys ShaperBox2 ever been on sale?

Discuss VST stuff here!
diminished
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2020

I'm very very intrigued, but at the same time I have a feeling in my gut that it'll be discounted very soon since they currently have a discount running on the TimeShaper module on pluginboutique.
Any experiences and advice regarding the matter? Thanks!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

retreed
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2020

They have a few modules on sale regularly and at the same time run sort of a permanent sale on their website:
https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox.html

When I checked out their stuff a few months ago, they had the same prices.
This was when they added the Crush module. It does not look like discontinued products to me.
Maybe consider Stutter Edit 2, which is available in the same price region and maybe more/less fun, depending on what exactly you are after. :)

diminished
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2020

retreed wrote:
01 Sep 2020
They have a few modules on sale regularly and at the same time run sort of a permanent sale on their website:
https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox.html

When I checked out their stuff a few months ago, they had the same prices.
This was when they added the Crush module. It does not look like discontinued products to me.
Maybe consider Stutter Edit 2, which is available in the same price region and maybe more/less fun, depending on what exactly you are after. :)
Haha I wrote discounted, not discontinued :D
Thanks! And I already have StutterEdit2, the UI is a nightmare, even worse than V1 imho. Hence I'm looking for something more fun.
So that permanent sale on their website is the same price as the regular price on pluginboutique.. interesting. I wonder if they ever went further down from that number (90ish --> 45ish)?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

retreed
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2020

diminished wrote:
01 Sep 2020
Haha I wrote discounted, not discontinued :D
Thanks! And I already have StutterEdit2, the UI is a nightmare, even worse than V1 imho. Hence I'm looking for something more fun.
So that permanent sale on their website is the same price as the regular price on pluginboutique.. interesting. I wonder if they ever went further down from that number (90ish --> 45ish)?
Ha, sorry! Stutter Edit 2, while being powerful, is definitely something you have to get used to. No indicators of ShaperBox being cheaper, it appears they added a few dollars when the Crush module came out.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2020

I think it was down to mid 60's once, but it is not often put on sale.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EdGrip

01 Sep 2020

I love their UI, BUT really I think it's all about TimeShaper. Apart from multi-band stuff (which you can do in Reason), the rest of it is all... things you can do in Reason, especially once you start using Europa, Sweeper or Synchronous as a graphic looping envelope generator.

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Sep 2020

EdGrip wrote:
01 Sep 2020
I love their UI, BUT really I think it's all about TimeShaper. Apart from multi-band stuff (which you can do in Reason), the rest of it is all... things you can do in Reason, especially once you start using Europa, Sweeper or Synchronous as a graphic looping envelope generator.
true, but having it all in one place is a QoL thing.. I caved, by the way ;D

miscend

02 Sep 2020

They do have sales. Wait for Black Friday!

zoidkirb

07 Sep 2020

I don't think the bundle has ever been more than 10% off its usual price. But that bundle price itself is around 50% off the cost of buying every individual shaper.

• Information