Reaper help? (longshot)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jackjackdaw

27 Aug 2020

I'm checking out Reaper, waiting to be let on their forum. Maybe someone here can help?

I want to send midi out from Pigments sequencer to another device, which I have figured out how to do. But I want to mute the Pigments audio. So I press mute on the track but it mutes the midi as well as the audio. I realise I can disable the Pigments master send output but it's not the same and also I want to understand how reaper works. How do I set it so the mute button just mutes the audio?

Creativemind

27 Aug 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Aug 2020
I'm checking out Reaper, waiting to be let on their forum. Maybe someone here can help?

I want to send midi out from Pigments sequencer to another device, which I have figured out how to do. But I want to mute the Pigments audio. So I press mute on the track but it mutes the midi as well as the audio. I realise I can disable the Pigments master send output but it's not the same and also I want to understand how reaper works. How do I set it so the mute button just mutes the audio?
If you right click the clip, and click 'Item Settings', you'll see mute there to mute the clip. You can also use Alt M too. You can also go into Actions in the menu's above the arrangement window / area and if you click Show Action List and type mute, this will allow you to change that shortcut if you so wished, see attached pic. ;)

Also, the beauty is, Reaper will then give you a nice volume parameter on the top left of the clip afterwards too.
Attachments
Clip Volume Dial Reaper.PNG
Clip Volume Dial Reaper.PNG (2.38 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Mute Action Reaper.PNG
Mute Action Reaper.PNG (22.47 KiB) Viewed 287 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Jackjackdaw

27 Aug 2020

Thanks for the reply! But what if there is no clip? The midi is coming from the VST.

Creativemind

27 Aug 2020

Ok so you can't just turn the volume on Pigments down?

Can't remember having to wait either to join the Reaper Forum but anyway, you on the forum yet?

Jackjackdaw

27 Aug 2020

Yeah, I can just turn it down. Which is fine. I'm just confused as to why the mute button acts on audio and midi data and wonder if that is something that can be changed.

I dunno why I'm locked out of the forum. I sent an email to admin. Hopefully be sorted out soon so I can pester them over there! :lol:

Creativemind

28 Aug 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Yeah, I can just turn it down. Which is fine. I'm just confused as to why the mute button acts on audio and midi data and wonder if that is something that can be changed.

I dunno why I'm locked out of the forum. I sent an email to admin. Hopefully be sorted out soon so I can pester them over there! :lol:
Sorry I couldn't help you more and I'd be highly surprised if it can't be done in Reaper.

• Information