Xone K2 Lights on

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
seamus

29 Sep 2018

Hey Guys!

is it possible to turn the lights from the Xone K2 on ? I searched for some commands to add but i dont get it .. :D

Greetz
Seamus

thorinside

01 Jul 2020

I bought one of these Xone:K2 devices, and wanted to have the buttons control things in Reason. I didn't find anything either, so I wrote to Reason Studios and got their development kit information, and was able to write a simple driver for the device, and now I am able to get the lights on the buttons to turn on and off.

For example, can use the buttons on the K2 as pattern select buttons for Redrum and see them light up.

I put the driver I wrote up at: https://github.com/nealsanche/XoneK2 and would be happy to help with any installation questions you might have.

orignaloriginale

02 Jul 2020

Thanks so much for posting this. I couldn't get it working on Reason 11. Does this require an older version of Reason?

thorinside

23 Aug 2020

I had a hard time with Reason 11 as well, I might have to get my instructions updated. On Windows, there's two places where Reason looks for the driver files, and I had installed them in the wrong place. I had to put them into: $HOME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Remote instead. That worked for me. Hope that helps. Sorry for the huge lag in responses. I'll try to check here more often.

orignaloriginale

23 Aug 2020

Thanks so much for replying and putting this together. I adapted your new instructions and got it recognized in R11 on a Mac (put files in ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/). I can't seem to get Reason to light up the buttons though (e.g. as pattern select on Redrum). The functionality seems to work fine, but nothing is happening with the lights. (I have the X2 setup for Latching Layers with the "All Controls" option)

thorinside

29 Aug 2020

Yes, I think I also have Latching Layers on, and so I can toggle between red, green, and orange layers with all of the controls. I'll just try and see if I can get Redrum to do anything with the lights... So, just played with it a bit, and I think it's working fine for me. Here's how I do it:

1) Right click on the buttons in Reason that you want to map to the X2, and choose 'Edit Remote Override Mapping'
2) Push the button on the X2 that you want to map to that Reason button. You might have to select from the Control Surface menu first. Choose 'Learn from control surface input' if it isn't checked.
3) Keep doing this for all of the pattern select buttons on Reason, for example, map buttons A-H on X2 to pattern select 1-8

Notice when you select a button, the light goes on for that in Reason, and vice-versa. While a song plays, you should also see the corresponding button light up.

If this isn't working for you, maybe we can get on a Zoom call and work on it together or something.

• Information