What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
manisnotabird

21 Aug 2020

The ability to use samples inside refills with VSTs. A sophisticated sample/patch browser a la Komplete Kontrol. A powerful semi-modular sampler with a mod matrix.

WOO

21 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Being able to change the auto-coloring when you make a new channel. God I hate that orange color that always comes up first. Why ORANGE? Please let me pick another one.
More color themes would also be nice.
Orange mine always comes up yellow and i can't see the damn grid lines. Nested folders,midi chase, a universal preset browser, updated sampler, and why when i have follow song enabled and i click on the right marker does it not load it in the center of the sequencer plus everything else that's been mentioned. Since i started using studio one i can clearly see how far reason is behind the competition. Holding out for 12 later this year. Long live Reason.

raymondh

22 Aug 2020

For me it's HiDPI.

Now I've become familiar with Reaper (and super impressed), it's just a matter of when, not if, I update to RRP.

Creativemind

22 Aug 2020

WOO wrote:
21 Aug 2020
Since i started using studio one i can clearly see how far reason is behind the competition.
I thought that when using Reaper. Reason is at least 4 (if not 5) whole versions behind I'd say That's like 6 to 7yrs. If they're gonna tempt me back now it would take at least 40 features and then it'd a) have to be the right ones (as I have 100 if you count mixer, browser, sequencer, VST, RRP, Midi Editing, Audio Editing, Devices and Preferences) so as I say it would need to be the right ones and b) need to sort out it's clunkiness of the overall program. It doesn't feel very streamlined quite often.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

RoryM0

22 Aug 2020

raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
For me it's HiDPI.

Now I've become familiar with Reaper (and super impressed), it's just a matter of when, not if, I update to RRP.
Yeah I'm basically the same. Reaper user looking forward to upgrading to the RRP when I can justify the expense. If the use experience of RRP in Reaper is seamless then I doubt I'd ever open the main program again beyond looking at old projects. Also HiDPI really the big focus i'd like to see from RS right now.

Creativemind

22 Aug 2020

RoryM0 wrote:
22 Aug 2020
raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
For me it's HiDPI.

Yeah I'm basically the same. Reaper user looking forward to upgrading to the RRP when I can justify the expense. If the use experience of RRP in Reaper is seamless then I doubt I'd ever open the main program again beyond looking at old projects. Also HiDPI really the big focus i'd like to see from RS right now.
Yeah that's what stopped me. The cost. I ummed and arred after Reason 11 was released whether I thought it was worth the dough. I decided after a month after toying between switching to Cakewalk By Bandlab or Reaper that it probably was. No decent instruments in either. Very limited effects in Cakewalk as well but Reaper has, loads of decent ones but sadly only 1 synth I think. It's crap lol! Because I'm so familiar with Reason though after a month and liking the features of Reaper, I decided go for it and that Reaper would be it. It's so advanced isn't it and with the RRP it's out of this world. Only downside is no sampling directly into any devices in the RRP.

I was also pretty narked at the features that they added to Reason. They were dire and it was what stopped me upgrading for a month and only just due to familiarity of the devices and how good they are that I felt (and because neither Cakewalk or Reaper had any decent synths) it was justified.

raymondh

22 Aug 2020

Creativemind wrote:
22 Aug 2020
RoryM0 wrote:
22 Aug 2020

Yeah that's what stopped me. The cost. I ummed and arred after Reason 11 was released whether I thought it was worth the dough. I decided after a month after toying between switching to Cakewalk By Bandlab or Reaper that it probably was. No decent instruments in either. Very limited effects in Cakewalk as well but Reaper has, loads of decent ones but sadly only 1 synth I think. It's crap lol! Because I'm so familiar with Reason though after a month and liking the features of Reaper, I decided go for it and that Reaper would be it. It's so advanced isn't it and with the RRP it's out of this world. Only downside is no sampling directly into any devices in the RRP.

I was also pretty narked at the features that they added to Reason. They were dire and it was what stopped me upgrading for a month and only just due to familiarity of the devices and how good they are that I felt (and because neither Cakewalk or Reaper had any decent synths) it was justified.
Yep I agree!

I have the Reason 11 lite RRP and I'm really impressed with the way ReasonStudios has implemented this. As you say, Reaper's big weakness is lack of great plugins, and the RRP would easily compensate for this. Reaper does have a lot of plugins and many very functional ones, but they're not pretty :) and therefore not inspiring (to me)**. And for the negatives around Refills being proprietary, they're easy to use and portable (for collaboration). I reckon Reaper+RRP will be a great combo.

** with a few exceptions, check out "ReEQ", a 3rd party EQ.

Creativemind

22 Aug 2020

raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
Seen it, amazing eh. A Pro Q3 clone. It's my go to EQ now.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200823-003348_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200823-003348_Samsung Internet.jpg (467.82 KiB) Viewed 2112 times

raymondh

22 Aug 2020

Creativemind wrote:
22 Aug 2020
raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
Yeah exactly!! Awesome!

Creativemind

23 Aug 2020

raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
Creativemind wrote:
22 Aug 2020

Yeah exactly!! Awesome!
Have you seen Chord Gun? that's amazing too.

raymondh

23 Aug 2020

Creativemind wrote:
23 Aug 2020
raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020

Yeah exactly!! Awesome!
Have you seen Chord Gun? that's amazing too.

woah!! Thanks!

bitley

23 Aug 2020

A new refill packer with lots of logic so that it can find "missing samples" and work faster. More options for graphics & better graphics rendering. Video editing. Imagine export to YouTube. What a dream.

michael.jaye

23 Aug 2020

bitley wrote:
23 Aug 2020
A new refill packer with lots of logic so that it can find "missing samples" and work faster. More options for graphics & better graphics rendering. Video editing. Imagine export to YouTube. What a dream.
I wish refills could be subject to a tagging system for better patch catagorisation/searching.

bitley

23 Aug 2020

Well that made me think ;)

a cool method for that would be user tagging - kind of like "voting" on sound categories - which ended up in a database for everyone, built into Reason.

This would make it fun - seeing its categories grow over time - as people found out new uses the designers maybe hadn't thought about. "Hey, that bass patch is a great polysynth pad too." Or so.

Now I'm not saying it would be easy to implement as piano sounds could end up in "leads" just because some people simply don't know so much about these things ... but perhaps good proper librarians out there would earn points - and that would make their selections more likely to form the common ground.

This could then be the ultimate way of locating sounds. For instance if you went to the Bass folder that one would contain patches from FSB etc and all VSTs & refills you're using.

The program would synchronize your content against the database so that you could ignore the sources and just find all sounds available in that category.

As soon a new VST or refill was added by anyone it would first auto sync - like upload its sound names from & to that category if it had one. People could then set a star rating, add comments - even discuss sounds - suggest tweaks, upload tweaks, it would be a game changer.

Lets say that Ed B provided a patch and John Doe edits it to become exactly like how it sounds on this or that record. It could then be saved & available for everone else who has this library.

Add this or that plugin and all names containing "EP", "Wurlie" etc would auto organise themselves.

The ones who didn't have that plugin etc wouldn't see the patch listed.

The whole process of first selecting say Omnisphere and then testing out bass sounds is kind of flawed really - as you should have all of them in your bass folder regardless if it's Legacy M1 or something else.

Creativemind

24 Aug 2020

bitley wrote:
23 Aug 2020
Yeah agree with point one and along the same lines, I noticed in the RRP browser and should be the same in the main daw browser, if you search Refills for say, "dark" (just plucked a word from thin air) it'll find all patches contained in the Refills with the word "dark" in there but you can't see which Refill the patches are contained within anywhere. So it doesn't tell you which Refill they're from unless I missed something?

As for video, it would be great but there are plenty of features missing within the daw itself before I'd personally want to see video implementation, although it would be brilliant. Before that, Midi Editing (at least 10), Sequencer (about 15), Audio Editing (about 20), Mixer (about 10), Browser (5) and Devices (Update at least 10 and add a Waveshaper, Transient Shaper, Exciter, Saturator, Multiband Compressor, Vectorscope / Gonometer and a De-Esser (or have Selig's excellent De-Esser free with version 12 and Selig gets a percentage of sales of that version it he was up for that.) I wouldn't like them personally to add a whole new format (as in video as opposed to audio) before at least 50 other features and device updates (counting a device update as 1 feature) first.

Karim
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2020

There are many and such (and countless) features
that Reason objectively needs to have that the list would not be less than 10-15.
Many of which I have requested for decades and it hurts my heart to think they stay in writing.
But by the end of the day most of the follow posts will contain them :puf_wink:
deeplink wrote:
08 Aug 2020
If Reason changed nothing, but added a new (or upgraded the existing) Combinator - with more knobs and expanded programmer - I would upgrade in a heartbeat.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Creativemind

30 Aug 2020

raymondh wrote:
23 Aug 2020
Creativemind wrote:
23 Aug 2020
woah!! Thanks!
Something else you might be interested in. Get the ReaPack installed and then go to Extensions, ReaPack then go to Browse Packages, select all and install them. Then in the Actions, Radial Menu shows up. You then add things to each Radial Title or Menu for quick easy shortcut access. Amazing.

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2020

Creativemind wrote:
30 Aug 2020
Something else you might be interested in. Get the ReaPack installed and then go to Extensions, ReaPack then go to Browse Packages, select all and install them. Then in the Actions, Radial Menu shows up. You then add things to each Radial Title or Menu for quick easy shortcut access. Amazing.

So Reaper has its own equivalent of VIM now :D

esselfortium

31 Aug 2020

Saving groups of tracks and buses as presets that can be loaded like combinators. Would eliminate the need for bulky templates and make it possible to just drop in your entire preconfigured drum mix or strings mix or anything else you want. Even better if you can drop them in from other song files without having to open the song. Other DAWs have this and I'm getting increasingly restless.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sQeetz

09 Sep 2020

RoryM0 wrote:
22 Aug 2020
raymondh wrote:
22 Aug 2020
For me it's HiDPI.

Yeah I'm basically the same.
Same here! I would buy Reason 12 in a heartbeat If nothing else was added but HiDPI support.

Creativemind

09 Sep 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
08 Aug 2020
"What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?"

Better, and more intuitive, large project management tools. Like track folders, etc.

Starting projects is fun, however, finishing them can be a tedious nightmare. :o

When my projects get big, they become 'not fun'. So, then, they don't get done. :(
That's so true. It gets messy when you have a full song.

Electric-Metal

09 Sep 2020

Creativemind wrote:
09 Sep 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
08 Aug 2020
"What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?"

Better, and more intuitive, large project management tools. Like track folders, etc.

Starting projects is fun, however, finishing them can be a tedious nightmare. :o

When my projects get big, they become 'not fun'. So, then, they don't get done. :(
That's so true. It gets messy when you have a full song.
I also agree. BRIGGS absolutely nailed it. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

pushedbutton

09 Sep 2020

Karaoke Mode.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

guitfnky

09 Sep 2020

speaking of large project track management...does anyone know off the top of their heads whether it’s possible to simultaneously arm/disarm and enable input monitoring for multiple tracks?

going to be doing drum tracking for my band in the next few days, and the need to enable/disable tracks one at a time is already proving a nuisance, just in the preparation phase of things.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

jlick76

10 Sep 2020

That's a tough one! I'm in the bunch of little updates group, but if i had to choose 1 major upgrade it would be for Reason to create a Mastering Page so that I could mix and master all in Reason!

• Information