Multiband Effect Rack

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
sammyg2020

22 Aug 2020

So I'm an Ableton user who has been messing around with Reason just for fun and wanted to see if I could recreate a "band splitter" like what can be easily done in Ableton. I would say I've accomplished it pretty well. Basically you have 4 bands and for whichever band you'd like to work on drag whatever effect under the vocoder assigned for each band. I'm sure a lot of you guys have made something like this before, but for those wondering what the point is just imagine being able to treat Scream4 like it was fabfilter saturn. That's what i use it for essentially is multiband distortion. The only thing I noticed was there is a slight increase in gain but for most sounds it should be pretty transparent.
Attachments
Band Splitter.cmb.zip
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

selig
RE Developer

22 Aug 2020

Vocoder is far from transparent for band splitting, with bands not adding up to "unity" even before adding any processing on any band. Instead use the totally transparent Stereo Imager to create the crossover points. Check the FSB for many examples of how to do this!
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

22 Aug 2020

There are a view payed RE available, that can do it. But this one is free and does the job most of the time:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -splitter/
Reason12, Win10

• Information