Fairlight Sound Library in .bin format?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2020

Hej. Does anybody know where I can download the Fairlight Sound Library in .bin format? I've already got it as .wav and the original VC. I obviously could convert them myself but before I start I'd like to check if anybody has any ideas as to where to find them. I've searched and searched so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

1reasonable

20 Aug 2020

I’ve found a link to a .bin conversion software:
http://www.nattvard.com/iix/utilities.php

Hope it helps you.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2020

1reasonable wrote:
20 Aug 2020
I’ve found a link to a .bin conversion software:
http://www.nattvard.com/iix/utilities.php

Hope it helps you.
Thankyou very much. Unfortunately that program extracts VC/ .bin files and converts them to .wav format, not the other way around. I have a program called Promenade which converts .wav to .bin but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do batch conversion so that's why I wondered if anyone had the libraries in .bin format to save me ages converting the .wavs one by one. Many thanks again though. Appreciated.

Edit: The site you linked also has the complete library in .sfz format but you need to download each sound one by one... sigh! :)

Screw it!!! I'll just drag the .wavs into Kong instead :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

madmacman

20 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020

Edit: The site you linked also has the complete library in .sfz format but you need to download each sound one by one... sigh! :)
Not quite. Each disk: yes, but not each sound. And the download routine is pretty schematic. With a small script you can easily download the full batch.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2020

madmacman wrote:
20 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020

Not quite. Each disk: yes, but not each sound. And the download routine is pretty schematic. With a small script you can easily download the full batch.
The page I looked at has downloads for each individual sound...example lfx library/ Analog/ TSquare 1. But even if I could write a script it’s not the .sfzs I’m out after :).
Last edited by MrFigg on 20 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

madmacman

20 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2020

Even if I could write a script it’s not the .sfzs I’m out after :).
Yeah, sorry. The topic was "bin" files...

• Information