Q) how do you create Refills that are Intro compatible

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Billy+

17 Aug 2020

Hi Devs after doing some reading over the last few days I stumbled onto the issue of refill compatibility among Intro owners, the compatibility list says that Refill support is limited within that version and it's got me wondering how to create Refills that are compatible.

Has anyone got any information about this?

eXode

17 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Aug 2020
Hi Devs after doing some reading over the last few days I stumbled onto the issue of refill compatibility among Intro owners, the compatibility list says that Refill support is limited within that version and it's got me wondering how to create Refills that are compatible.

Has anyone got any information about this?
I don't know if this policy has changed, but if I recall correctly Reason Studios don't sell any ReFills to owners of Intro, etc. Regardless if it only contains device patches for a RE or similar.

If you are planning to sell on your own outside the Reason Studios shop, I guess all you have to do is make sure that your ReFill only use devices that are included with Reason Intro.

Billy+

17 Aug 2020

eXode you could be just the person, I actually just recommended one of your refills to a new Reason owner after he had already purchased something from another supplier that wasn't really what he expected it to be. Turns out that your refill fits the bill and after he had a listen he decided to buy it only to be informed that his version "Intro" wasn't compatible. After I did some hunting i found that Intro has limited refill support hence the question.

Now first off Thanks for your quick response, but as a creator what would you need to do to make your product available or is there nothing that can be done.

eXode

17 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Aug 2020
eXode you could be just the person, I actually just recommended one of your refills to a new Reason owner after he had already purchased something from another supplier that wasn't really what he expected it to be. Turns out that your refill fits the bill and after he had a listen he decided to buy it only to be informed that his version "Intro" wasn't compatible. After I did some hunting i found that Intro has limited refill support hence the question.

Now first off Thanks for your quick response, but as a creator what would you need to do to make your product available or is there nothing that can be done.
There is nothing that can be done, as far as I'm aware, unless you decide to sell ReFills in your own shop, or some other distributor. But Reason Studios have decided not to sell ReFills to others than owners of the full and suite versions, if I understand correctly.

Billy+

18 Aug 2020

Thanks eXode

• Information