[TECH HOUSE] ACID TRIP (Bmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

01 Aug 2020

NEW TRACK 'ACID TRIP'...

Backstory...

This all started when I was walking to the supermarket.. I had just been listening to Danny Howard's latest Nothing Else Matters radio show and there does seem to a resurgence of really groovy catchy very simple Housey / Tech-housey tracks around at the moment.... with super simple arrangements and overall structure. BUT they are really well produced tracks - so it's not that simple.

Anyway I was walking to the supermarket... and was thinking these super simple well-produced tracks often have a bloke giving a talkey vocal, with a bit of grit added (bit crushing/distortion or whatever) - the bloke is saying something simple that rhymes... so I thought... let me think of something for my next track... here I go... (it only took 2-seconds to think of - so hardly OSCAR winning moment)...

I'M LOSING MY GRIP
ON MY ACID TRIP

Yep - that's it. It rhymes and is easy to say and remember. Most importantly it's catchy and distinct. So I quickly got out my Marantz recording device... couldn't be bothered to hook up a good microphone and just used to built in one... all with background noise and no clean up. It only took one take.

And this is the backbone to this track ACID TRIP.

The ARP lead sounds have all been run through a Roland MPC60 (vintage sampler) and then back into NNXT then added more filtering etc... giving the sounds a really clean but edgy 12-bit/saturated/tape type sound.

A high proportion of the drum hits went the same way - through the MPC60, ending up in Studio One's equivalent of Reason's Kong... Impact XT. It's like an ugly, less inviting version of Kong. It's quicker to use, but less capable.

The kick was super beefed up using KSMHR Essentials Kick enhancer VST... go get it 's great and it's FREE - https://www.dharmaworldwide.com/kick

I made the bassline using Phaseplant and saturated it up using Softube Harmonics VST. And added another bassline on top using Rob Papen RAW.

Check my Soundcloud:

Deep Schulzz

02 Aug 2020

Sounds really good.
Last edited by Deep Schulzz on 02 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

danc

02 Aug 2020

Deep Schulzz wrote:
02 Aug 2020
Sound really good.
BIG THANK YOU !! Appreciate your feedback.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

11 Aug 2020

Deep Schulzz wrote:
02 Aug 2020
Sounds really good.
Extended to 4 mins 15 seconds - so doubled in length - with completely new musical motif from 2:33.
Check my Soundcloud:

Heigen5

18 Aug 2020

Cool trippy song. It is almost like a house-track. Liking the vox's and your dropdown-moments were cool too. Kudos!

guitfnky

18 Aug 2020

what a fun little tune. thanks for telling the story behind it. I wish more people would do that. I think it’s super interesting to learn how/why songs come into being, and why certain decisions are made along the way. nice job! :)
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

RedSkwirrell

18 Aug 2020

Not really my style of music (old-fogey at heart), but I enjoyed listening to both pieces and all the production work you put in.
:)
Reason 11.2 Suite; M-Audio Code61.
Intel i9-9900k 4.9GHz; ASUS PRIME Z390-A; 2x32GB Corsair LPX 2666MHz; X-Fi Xtreme Music, UAD2 Quad Custom;
Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX650Ti; 3xSSDs; BeQuiet 650W Straight Power; BeQuiet! SILENT 601 (proofed); Windows 10, 64.

• Information