What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deeplink
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2020

If Reason changed nothing, but added a new (or upgraded the existing) Combinator - with more knobs and expanded programmer - I would upgrade in a heartbeat.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

stratatonic

08 Aug 2020

Discount on upgrade to Reason 11. Not Suite, but the regular upgrade.

dioxide

08 Aug 2020

Clip launcher.

guitfnky

08 Aug 2020

this is tough, because for me, the biggest thing is the lack of LOTS of small features, not the lack of a single large one.

I guess if I had to choose right now, I'd probably have to go with MIDI out from VSTs.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BRIGGS

08 Aug 2020

"What new feature would make you buy the upgrade immediately?"

Better, and more intuitive, large project management tools. Like track folders, etc.

Starting projects is fun, however, finishing them can be a tedious nightmare. :o

When my projects get big, they become 'not fun'. So, then, they don't get done. :(
r11s

Ixus

08 Aug 2020

Sequencer window upgrade, bringing it up to speed to something like S1, advanced editing, audio and midi, overall goodness

Billy+

08 Aug 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 Aug 2020
this is tough, because for me, the biggest thing is the lack of LOTS of small features, not the lack of a single large one.

I guess if I had to choose right now, I'd probably have to go with MIDI out from VSTs.
Exactly the same for me.

That one feature would make me buy the upgrade straight away.

On the other hand if the next upgrade is just to support something stupid like audio video syncing I would probably pass until a feature I wanted was there.

Creativemind

08 Aug 2020

Yes it's a tough one. Many small features as has already been stated.

The one big thing, hmmm:-

It's between quite a few. I think my most wanted feature though of them all (or this could count as 2) is Aliased / Linked automation and clips for me.

Next would be an NN-XT or Thor 2.

They could really do with improving the clip behaviour too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Bjørn Felle

08 Aug 2020

All I want is a new Combinator

Oquasec

08 Aug 2020

Wait for midi.
Built in Notation view.
Adding more CV ports to existing combinator without the RE.
Combine combinators.
---
Open Source Exe.
Theme changer like Cubase.
They clearly argued about if reason should have a sequencer, so I say if it's staying to update it for versions 8+.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Ixus

08 Aug 2020

Also im an idiot read wrong i have 11 already

SebAudio

09 Aug 2020

Hi-dpi / retina hd graphics

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2020

Being able to change the auto-coloring when you make a new channel. God I hate that orange color that always comes up first. Why ORANGE? Please let me pick another one.
More color themes would also be nice.

Creativemind

09 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Being able to change the auto-coloring when you make a new channel. God I hate that orange color that always comes up first. Why ORANGE? Please let me pick another one.
With you. That orange isn't very nice but not as bad as Lemon.

There's loads of little things like this and keyboard shortcuts like slice by song position pointer + bigger features but when you start counting they soon mount up. I counted a hundred a few months ago lol!

They seriously need crack on. They're like 10 years behind all the leading competitors like Cubase, Logic, Reaper etc and they're like the 5th oldest daw behind Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic and FL Studio.

Having muting notes and adjusting track height as features in a major release like they did in 11 was to be honest, a joke. They should have just been extras thrown in and a couple of bigger things should've been added.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

motuscott

09 Aug 2020

I'm surprised this thread hasn't devolved into chaos yet
To that end, here I am

hmmm, needs salt
and audio punch in
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

BRIGGS

09 Aug 2020

motuscott wrote:
09 Aug 2020
I'm surprised this thread hasn't devolved into chaos yet
To that end, here I am

hmmm, needs salt
and audio punch in
:puf_smile: here you go:

r11s

chaosroyale

09 Aug 2020

Add me to the "it's not one big thing" pile.

Without taking care of the workflow and functionality first, "big" new devices/features are pretty meaningless.

For my job a basic video playback track for easy sync would be great. But this is FAR down the list of shit that needs to be done.

Personally, I would really love the ability to only install the devices and factory content that I actually use (almost none of it), and have a proper manager for RE's. The current RE sync/uninstall system is ..shit.. is the only word for it.

But basically, for R12 I would like to see them address the usual list of DAW/GUI/Workflow upgrades that have been requested ad nauseam for the last 10 years. But I am not holding my breath.

Auryn

09 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Hah, I'm not the only one who hates the garish look you get by the auto-assigning colours.

The UI should at least offer some "matching colours" option !
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

sonicbyte

09 Aug 2020

Just one thing, multi channel midi support to be able to handle several instruments in one instance of kontakt.
Last edited by sonicbyte on 21 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

ModSource

09 Aug 2020

Punch in/out recording, manual and automatic

kuhliloach

09 Aug 2020

I'm impressed with Reason's underlying features but I didn't upgrade to 11 because of the outdated low resolution user-interface Reason still has after all these years. I would upgrade instantly if Reason's UI became competitive with Logic and Ableton. That said Reason needs to reevaluate pricing. I am so happy and impressed with the features Logic Pro X 10.5 just rolled out and there was zero cost to existing owners. Nothing is more important than User-Interface because no matter how powerful the underlying tools are they will remain useless to the masses without a meaningful UI. All DAW's can loop stuff, for example, in one way or another. But can they do it with the style and elegance of Ableton and Logic Pro X 10.5?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Your gonna pay $129 just for color selection? Oh my...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2020

Midi VST out, in Reason and the RRP.

It would make the RRP one of the better plugin hosts out there. Most others only allow proprietary plugins (Waves, Soundtoys, etc), and the 3rd party ones, are not too fun to work with IMO (BlueCat, Kushview, etc.). Though I have to say AKAI VIP (Instruments) and Waves StudioRack (FX) have the best work flow of all the ones I have tried. Snap-Heap (FX) is pretty OK too.

Maschine 2.x may work, not the most intuitive for layering, but it works, and VST3 hosting will come soon (end of Aug). You can insert it as a VST and send midi from Reason as usual. Not sure how complex layers you can make, but at least 16 synths with a dozen FX each and a dozen master FX, so yeah, noting holding you back there, and the Natives plugs show up with the graphical interface as a horizontal rack, regular VST need a click to open up. So, only thing missing is the god forsaken VST midi out...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2020

Boombastix wrote:
09 Aug 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Your gonna pay $129 just for color selection? Oh my...
As crazy as it sounds, I probably would actually.
To be honest the visual component is pretty damn important to me. I'm the kind of person that won't use a synth just because I don't like the way it looks.

Put it this way. I'd much rather pay the 129 bucks to never have to look at that butt ugly orange color ever again, than say get a new great synth for 100-200 bucks. The visual component will affect my mood everytime I use Reason after all, so yes stuff like this matters.
I've read tons of users requests here at ReasonTalk, but honestly most of them I never even think about when I use Reason.

• Information