[bigbeat/rock] The Prodigy - Colours (2010 Milton Keynes version remake)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aquila

28 Jul 2020

So in 2010 The Prodigy performed a special version of Colours from the album Invaders Must Die at their Warriors Dance festival in Milton Keynes, but they never released it (except as a live recording on the DVD). So I got to work and made my own version...

Vocals were extracted using phase cancellation techniques with an instrumental of the original album version.
Guitars were from the A-List Power Chords guitar RE.
Produced and mastered entirely in Reason 10.

drk73

29 Jul 2020

изтеглен файл.png
изтеглен файл.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 396 times

Loque

29 Jul 2020

Dont know the original. Sounds dull/muffled. Except that, good job.
Reason12, Win10

EdwardKiy

30 Jul 2020

Solid job!

The most impressive thing to me is that you didn't lose the "prodigy rawness" which happens to most prodigy remixes out there with a few exceptions.

Heigen5

02 Aug 2020

Well as a huge Prodigy fan I had to click this thread when I saw "Prodigy" in the title.
Anyway, I know the original (obviously) and think your remix is very good too actually. Good solid mix.
The structure was perfect and the sound true to the "Prodigy" signature sound. Nice!

Aquila

02 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Dont know the original. Sounds dull/muffled. Except that, good job.
Here's the original live version that I based it on (language warning):

Not sure what you mean by dull/muffled though. Is there a problem with the overall mix or just a specific element? Feel free to drop a suggestion ;)

• Information