Reason 11 Audio Units?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bman70

01 Aug 2020

I searched the forum for AU and Audio Units but it came up with every post containing any of the letters. So asking instead.
In standalone Reason 11, can I use AU plugins instead of or together with VST? Also, if I have Kontakt as a VST and as an AU, how would I choose which one Reason uses? i.e., use all VSTs except for Kontakt.

Reason isn't playing the VST version of Project Sam Free Orchestra, it has bugs inside the DAW even though Kontakt outside the DAW plays it fine. I was hoping to try AU Kontakt and see if Reason will play the instrument.

fieldframe
RE Developer

01 Aug 2020

While the Reason Rack Plugin is available as an AU, Reason itself can only load VST plugins.

Bman70

02 Aug 2020

fieldframe wrote:
01 Aug 2020
While the Reason Rack Plugin is available as an AU, Reason itself can only load VST plugins.
Well how about that! Something to update along with the 90s interface. :lol: Fortunately I just found out if I load the instrument through Komplete Kontrol instead of Kontakt, Reason can play it.

• Information