Kontakt Start Free: I'm finally screwed.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

Wanted to install RAUM so I opened up Native Access...thought Kontakt Start Free? Why not. Now I'm in the abyss and I'm falling and falling and I don't know if I'm ever going to stop. Awesome.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jul 2020

Do tell

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2020
Do tell
It's just a whole bunch of stuff, instruments and soundbanks. There's a limited guitar thing with some amps and pedals. I got a free copy of Analogue Dreams soundbank a while ago and that plays in one of the things (I thought I'd never be able to use it). I have no idea what I'm doing...I'll probably uninstall it all tomorrow. Same mindboggling amount of stuff as UVI workstation or Wusik v9. Far, far, far too much.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

mjxl

31 Jul 2020

Saw the bundle the other day, looks seriously good for a "starter" pack lol.

7 synths, 5 sampled instruments, 2 effects (guitar rig is one of them tho, so it's not REALLY 2 effects) + Kontakt/Reaktor players.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

mjxl wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2020

7 synths, 5 sampled instruments, 2 effects (guitar rig is one of them tho, so it's not REALLY 2 effects) + Kontakt/Reaktor players.
Yeah well...after trying the guitar thing and seeing it didn't have that much to offer other than to get you to buy more stuff, and then trying to navigate through all the different plugins I held my head in my hands for a few minutes then uninstalled everything other than RAUM. I really should know better by now.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2020
Yeah well...after trying the guitar thing and seeing it didn't have that much to offer other than to get you to buy more stuff, and then trying to navigate through all the different plugins I held my head in my hands for a few minutes then uninstalled everything other than RAUM. I really should know better by now.
True, but every once in a while there is something amazing!

hurricane
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

31 Jul 2020
I got a free copy of Analogue Dreams soundbank a while ago and that plays in one of the things (I thought I'd never be able to use it).
Sounds like you downloaded KOMPLETE start and Analog Dreams loads in Kontakt 6 Player. Analog Dreams is horrible so it's not exactly a good intro to Kontakt. All those other Kontakt libraries with the whole 'A/B blending between two samples' things are horrible too - Cloud Supply, Ethereal Earth, Hybrid Keys - I wonder if the same people who made Scenic made these - because I also think Scenic is horrible.

AB.jpg
AB.jpg (131.73 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2020
31 Jul 2020
I got a free copy of Analogue Dreams soundbank a while ago and that plays in one of the things (I thought I'd never be able to use it).
Sounds like you downloaded KOMPLETE start and Analog Dreams loads in Kontakt 6 Player. Analog Dreams is horrible so it's not exactly a good intro to Kontakt. All those other Kontakt libraries with the whole 'A/B blending between two samples' things are horrible too - Cloud Supply, Ethereal Earth, Hybrid Keys - I wonder if the same people who made Scenic made these - because I also think Scenic is horrible.

AB.jpg
It was the innate horribleness of those A/B synth things that put me off from the start.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

joeyluck

31 Jul 2020

I'm not a big fan of NI content in general. Every Kontakt library I own is from other designers.

I only use Kontakt Player. Even with the crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt at 50% off ($125 down from $250) it's still not worth it to me.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

All said and done though, RAUM is awesome. :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jul 2020

31 Jul 2020
mjxl wrote: ↑
31 Jul 2020

😱

I got komplette (the lowest non free tier) but only use like massive and monark... Raum gets a lot of use though πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ I do like some of their expansions though, which are genre specific sample packs for maschine, but can mostly be used in other places as well.

QVprod

31 Jul 2020

Hybrid Keys and Ethereal Earth have some gems actually. But overall, they're very simple romplers. Not much to be impressed by. The other sampled stuff that comes with Komplete Start is really old stuff from the Kontakt Factory Library that most people don't use. You don't really get the good NI stuff until you buy Komplete Standard.

retreed
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

Two good KONTAKT Player libraries to check out for free are most likely:
https://projectsam.com/libraries/the-free-orchestra/
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/drummica
(they need a registration and will be added to the NI account via serial number during the process)

Both should be fine for getting a first impression on how the NI KONTAKT environment looks like. :)

• Information