(Edm) Auntie Ana

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2020

Hi, I posted a track before and received very useful feedback and was hoping perhaps I could be cheeky enough to ask for feedback on my latest work in process. This song is not finished or mixed but would still appreciate any opinions.

Thousand Ways

23 Jul 2020

Very nice. I like the absence of predictable ticking hihats and crash cymbals. The sequencer line is also very good, with the gaps in just the right places. Around 2:29, when the other pad comes in, it sounds like it's slightly out-of-time with the rest of the track. It's jarring, but not in a bad way.

It does sound unfinished, as you say – not in terms of the (very convincing) sound design, but the dead stop at 4:03. It sounds as though from this point the track should continue and move back up to the number of layers that there are between around 1:01 and 2:29, and maybe that it should pick up pace even more from 4:03 onwards. This is just how it sounds to me. Interested to hear the completed piece.

gullum

23 Jul 2020

It has some nice elements but at then end starts to sound like you got bored and the melody sounds like random playing so has no melody or timing.

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2020

Hi thanks for your feedback I will definately look at the areas in your comments and take them on board. I kinda feel I am on a long road and spent a good amount of time understanding synthesis enough to be able to make the sounds I wanted as preset browsing didn't ever give me exactly what was in my head. Not a trained musician and come from a dj background so still struggling with melody and learning scales chords etc but more I do it the more I understand a bit more. Will continue to work on this and update the thread when progressed but thank you again for the helpful responses.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2020

Hi

Had a bit of time to work on this song and took on board comments from people (thanks again). Any feedback gladly taken on this song.

drk73

31 Jul 2020

Both songs are very good! 👍

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

drk73 wrote:
31 Jul 2020
Both songs are very good! 👍
Thanks drk73 👍. They are both the same song but the last posting has a lot more work on it.

drk73

31 Jul 2020

I know. But for me - both are good!

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2020

drk73 wrote:
31 Jul 2020
I know. But for me - both are good!
Cool, thanks 👍

• Information