Wave Bundle issue

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaveShellBlunder

30 Jul 2020

Spent the money Waves Mercury bundle (😱😱)...

Downloads and installs fine... Able to see and use the plugins in Sound Forge...BUT seem to be getting a constant error when trying to Load Reason 10. Unknown Exception i think it says on the load/splash screen after I've signed in, when it starts to loading the VST plugins

Starts to install the over priced Wave plugins and gets the about error... Then maybe loads a few more of the plugins and then Reason just closes.

I've heard of WaveShell being temperamental, but this is dyer..... Been reading and this has happened from Reason 9.5 and even on 11. Wave themselves say its not them...AAAAaaaa

Any help/ideas welcome...

...and yes I've already uninstall and reinstall every software component possible in random orders...

Reason works... Wave Bundle works.... Just not together haha πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Specs:
i9 10 core
64gb 3200 ddr4
8gb gfx graphics
2 monitors
And a bunch of other stuff

jam-s

30 Jul 2020

In the release notes of Reason 11 there was something about improved compatibility with Waves plug-ins: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-

So upgrading to latest Reason might fix this.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2020

I'm on Reason 10.4, Waves 11 (exclusively), Windows 10. No issues.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Mysterygrimms

01 Aug 2020

WaveShellBlunder wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2020
Spent the money Waves Mercury bundle (😱😱)...

Downloads and installs fine... Able to see and use the plugins in Sound Forge...BUT seem to be getting a constant error when trying to Load Reason 10. Unknown Exception i think it says on the load/splash screen after I've signed in, when it starts to loading the VST plugins

Starts to install the over priced Wave plugins and gets the about error... Then maybe loads a few more of the plugins and then Reason just closes.

I've heard of WaveShell being temperamental, but this is dyer..... Been reading and this has happened from Reason 9.5 and even on 11. Wave themselves say its not them...AAAAaaaa

Any help/ideas welcome...

...and yes I've already uninstall and reinstall every software component possible in random orders...

Reason works... Wave Bundle works.... Just not together haha πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Specs:
i9 10 core
64gb 3200 ddr4
8gb gfx graphics
2 monitors
And a bunch of other stuff
This solution (explained in detail in link below) solved my issue with Reason and Waves, but I am also on Reason 11 (Which has a compatibility fix from 11.2 update).

You need to delete a specific entry in your windows registry after the Waveshell in Reason crashes for the first time (deleting this specific entry "IgnoreFreeLibrary" will prevent any further crashes from happening in Reason and Cubase if you use that daw as well). Hope that helps.

The exact location of the registry key below:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-109435730-111443509-2875027308-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

https://www.pendlebury.biz/waves-plugin ... -your-daw/

• Information