Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
27 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2020
GAS is back. Looks like I can get the whole thing (crossgrade) on JRRShop for $84. Hmm.
On my way to Stockholm just now with my eldest daughter. She’s going to try out an electric violin and me a Fender Jaguar. Hmmm.
told you it would be temporary! 😆 I know how you feel though—bought a parlor acoustic on Musician’s Friend’s stupid deal of the day just last week—and it’ll be here today. 😬

the struggle is real, my friend!
You did a good thing man. I love parlour acoustics.
I spent the last 2 days getting frustrated that most of the latest Fender Jazzmasters have humbuckers and not P90s. Last year there was a classic player series with single coil but they’ve stopped making it hat one and the new player series has twin coil. I mean humbuckers on a jazzmaster? Nah. Maybe on a Jag but never on a Jazzmaster.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

28 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
28 Jul 2020
guitfnky wrote:
27 Jul 2020

told you it would be temporary! 😆 I know how you feel though—bought a parlor acoustic on Musician’s Friend’s stupid deal of the day just last week—and it’ll be here today. 😬

the struggle is real, my friend!
I spent the last 2 days getting frustrated that most of the latest Fender Jazzmasters have humbuckers and not P90s. Last year there was a classic player series with single coil but they’ve stopped making it hat one and the new player series has twin coil. I mean humbuckers on a jazzmaster? Nah. Maybe on a Jag but never on a Jazzmaster.
sounds like my struggle trying to find a bass with Precision pickups, but a Jazz neck. seemed like it took forever, and when I did, it was one of the Player series. probably even more difficult to find the right configuration with guitars.

I need like two more guitars and then I’m done. one is a Jaguar. probably. 😂
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
28 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
28 Jul 2020

sounds like my struggle trying to find a bass with Precision pickups, but a Jazz neck. seemed like it took forever, and when I did, it was one of the Player series. probably even more difficult to find the right configuration with guitars.

Well I wanted either a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar and I was pretty sure I wanted the Jag. More buttons and switches and that’s always good. After trying them out though The Jag is just too “twangy”. The Jazzmaster was warm and mellow. That said the Classic Player has a much nicer tone than the Vintera. It’s gettin so that I’m even considering one of the Squier 60s Vibe models. Have no idea how good they are though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jul 2020
guitfnky wrote:
28 Jul 2020

Well I wanted either a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar and I was pretty sure I wanted the Jag. More buttons and switches and that’s always good. After trying them out though The Jag is just too “twangy”. The Jazzmaster was warm and mellow. That said the Classic Player has a much nicer tone than the Vintera. It’s gettin so that I’m even considering one of the Squier 60s Vibe models. Have no idea how good they are though.
the strat I just got is a 70s vibe Squier—it’s excellent. I did a quick setup, and it plays great. I decided to do some standard minor upgrades to it too, adding locking tuners, a graphite tree, and sanding a bit of the high gloss polyurethane finish down, so the neck plays a bit more smoothly. they’re quality. I’d suggest getting stuck down the youtube review rabbit hole for a bit to get a sense of what you can expect.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jul 2020

the strat I just got is a 70s vibe Squier—it’s excellent. I did a quick setup, and it plays great. I decided to do some standard minor upgrades to it too, adding locking tuners, a graphite tree, and sanding a bit of the high gloss polyurethane finish down, so the neck plays a bit more smoothly. they’re quality. I’d suggest getting stuck down the youtube review rabbit hole for a bit to get a sense of what you can expect.
Yeah, those necks can feel really sticky. I’ll check out the Squiers then. It’s a problem living out in the sticks as there’s no way for me to try them other than ordering them from Thomann then returning them if they’re crap. A lot of hassle. Tried a few in Stockholm at the weekend but I’d made my daughter walk all day and didn’t have the heart to make her go any further to the “big” music shop. The staff in the smaller shops were a bunch of unfriendly pricks. Millennials. You know the type. That didn’t make things easier.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jul 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Jul 2020

Yeah, those necks can feel really sticky. I’ll check out the Squiers then. It’s a problem living out in the sticks as there’s no way for me to try them other than ordering them from Thomann then returning them if they’re crap. A lot of hassle. Tried a few in Stockholm at the weekend but I’d made my daughter walk all day and didn’t have the heart to make her go any further to the “big” music shop. The staff in the smaller shops were a bunch of unfriendly pricks. Millennials. You know the type. That didn’t make things easier.
ha, yeah, nothing is worse than bad salespeople. I’ve gotten used to buying instruments online after doing A LOT of homework, because of it (I REALLY hate dealing with salespeople :lol:). thankfully I’ve only had one lemon so far, and since that one was through Amazon, the return was fairly painless.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jul 2020

ha, yeah, nothing is worse than bad salespeople. I’ve gotten used to buying instruments online after doing A LOT of homework, because of it (I REALLY hate dealing with salespeople :lol:). thankfully I’ve only had one lemon so far, and since that one was through Amazon, the return was fairly painless.
It’s a shame really because it’s always much cheaper to buy online so the small businesses just don’t survive. We’ve got a little music shop here and it’d be a shame to see it gone so I buy there when I can. I can’t pay 1000:- more for something there though so big purchases are made online. I’ve given him a few guitars to sell for me and I’m pretty sure he made a reasonable profit on them which is fine.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information