(Vk2/FM4/Oberon - Challenge) - VK2FM4OBE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2020

About a month ago I started a thread asking for some synth combination suggestions to make songs with, just to get some external influence for a change.
This 3 synth combo was suggested by MrFigg.

Can you spot which sounds come from which synth? ;)

Audiol

26 Jul 2020

I like that. Very cinematic, oriental. But I have no idea about what synth is playing. :( :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2020

Audiol wrote:
26 Jul 2020
I like that. Very cinematic, oriental. But I have no idea about what synth is playing. :( :puf_smile:
Thanks, appreciate it :)
No guessing synths isn't easy. Though Vk2, Fm4 and Oberon (which I used for this track) can produce very different sounds from each other. I'm sure some people here would be able to guess where some of these sounds are coming from.

Auryn

27 Jul 2020

Wow this is harder than I thought... So IMO theoretically any of the main synth sounds here could be Oberon but it's hard to tell which. I've also had very limited experience with FM 4 so can't really identify it by character. I'm gonna say that the hipassed sawtooth sound that starts almost immediately is VK2. The main lead that starts 0:13 is probably Oberon. The background synths at 0:18 might be Oberon, might be FM4. The triangle lead for the solo I'm gonna say FM4

I've probably severely embarrassed myself but I had to try.

Beat has a bit of a dancehall influence on this one BTW, nice for a change.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2020

Auryn wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Wow this is harder than I thought... So IMO theoretically any of the main synth sounds here could be Oberon but it's hard to tell which. I've also had very limited experience with FM 4 so can't really identify it by character. I'm gonna say that the hipassed sawtooth sound that starts almost immediately is VK2. The main lead that starts 0:13 is probably Oberon. The background synths at 0:18 might be Oberon, might be FM4. The triangle lead for the solo I'm gonna say FM4

I've probably severely embarrassed myself but I had to try.

Beat has a bit of a dancehall influence on this one BTW, nice for a change.
I think you did pretty well. :)

The sawtooth bass is VK2. Main lead is Oberon. Background arpeggio synth is FM4.
Triangle lead is VK2.
The pad is Oberon.

Then there's other synth sounds that don't have as prominent roles as these above. Like noise sweeps, noise shaker, background sounds, melodic fills etc.
All in all there are 5 VK2 sounds, 5 with Oberon and 1 with FM4.

• Information