XO or Atlas Which one for Reason 11

Discuss VST stuff here!
Billy+

24 Jul 2020

So just like the title says, would you pick XO or Atlas for kit curation and use with reason 11

https://www.algonaut.tech

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/xo

groggy1

24 Jul 2020

I like xo for the sequencer. But I haven’t used atlas, so sorry I can’t compare

I can answer any questions on xo if you have them

groggy1

24 Jul 2020

FYI, Pluginboutique has XO for $89 till August 3rd (I think that's 50% off)

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement for XLN stuff, but thought you'd want to know :)

Billy+

25 Jul 2020

groggy1 wrote:
24 Jul 2020

I don't mean to sound like an advertisement for XLN stuff, but thought you'd want to know :)
That was actually why I was asking which one as they are both priced about the same now, how ever after watching some of the videos available on PB & YouTube I'm fairly confident that XO wins hands down,

You get full audio outs & 8000 one shots which make the interface cheap as chips...

DaveyG

25 Jul 2020

Trial it. you get 7 or 10 days free trial for XO I think.

groggy1

25 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
25 Jul 2020
groggy1 wrote:
24 Jul 2020

That was actually why I was asking which one as they are both priced about the same now, how ever after watching some of the videos available on PB & YouTube I'm fairly confident that XO wins hands down,

You get full audio outs & 8000 one shots which make the interface cheap as chips...

Just sharing: I've been enjoying the workflow in XO:
1) The search is quite powerful: You can search for your favorites, search by folder name, by type, etc.
2) I love how once you've picked a sample, it's very easy to try out "similar" samples later
3) Love how it creates a history of the samples you clicked through in the cloud, and then you can go backwards to previous clicks if you missed something you liked. Makes it very easy to just click around, and then go a few back to the one you like
4) The Installer is painless. I don't usually give Kudos to an installer, but XLN's is my favorite

Goriila Texas

25 Jul 2020

I ask this same question months ago and went with Atlas big mistake. I have over 10000 one shot drum sounds and the Atlas does a terrible job at organizing sounds imo. Similar sounds are never close to each other so for example if you were looking for boom bap drums they would be all over the place it's literally looking for a needle in a haystack in the dotted map area where all of your samples are located. The interface is good and simple with drag n drop sounds on any drum sampler. But drum organization is what I was looking for and Atlas is not good because as I said I have a lot of oneshots and the map should've been huge but it wasn't I'm sure most of my sounds were not scanned.
I never use Atlas ever now total waste of money imo.

I never owned XO but it's sample management seems to be better from videos on youtube. For one,if you select a 808 or 909 it will give you other 808's 909's that sound similar. With Atlas I found myself in a maze of dots scavenging for drums that were all over the place.

You might also want to check out https://www.sononym.net/purchase/ it's the best sound management and finding the key of your sounds.

Edit: Dang I should've read the whole thread you already have XO.

Billy+

26 Jul 2020

Thanks for the feed back, I don't have XO yet, but I fairly certain I will have soon..

Billy+

28 Jul 2020

Well I've gone and done it, I now own XO.

I have given it a quick play and have to say it's very nice, I haven't got it to analyse my one shots yet but I'm very pleased with it. If anyone is interested to know

MIDI drag n drop into reason works well
Sample drag n drop on reason drum devices also works very well.

I would happily recommend the vst to anyone thinking about it.

• Information