Rapid granular

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2020

Must admit I am looking forward to 8 layers of this for evolving pads, my cpu maybe not so excited.

mjxl

03 Jun 2020

Them sounds are fucking beautiful :shock:

BRIGGS

03 Jun 2020

:shock:

r11s

BRIGGS

03 Jun 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Yawn, not impressed, lol.
Sez you, and your massive combinator mess! :lol:
r11s

MannequinRaces

03 Jun 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
03 Jun 2020
MannequinRaces wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Yawn, not impressed, lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I can collapse it! Lol. Yes, there is something to be said that it makes total sense to have a more self-contained device rather than a huge combinator mess. Honestly I didn't think the sound was anything special. Blasphemous I know. :)

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
03 Jun 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
03 Jun 2020

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I can collapse it! Lol. Yes, there is something to be said that it makes total sense to have a more self-contained device rather than a huge combinator mess. Honestly I didn't think the sound was anything special. Blasphemous I know. :)
Personally I liked the sound in the demo but appreciate we all like different things. The idea that you can utilise all the different layers and manipulate sound in so many ways is what I am looking forward too (and assuming this is a free update like all other rapid updates). Being able to create a layer and then send it to other layers for glitch, different fx is right up my street.

Loque

03 Jun 2020

I am having an eye on Rapid for a while...nothing yet that made me jump on board. I have enough other synths, samplers, fx, granularizer and lots of stuff where i even dont know the names...Hooking everything together would create a pad/drone which would evolve and never repeat until the universe will collapse/explode/implode/whatever.

So...yea, sounds good.

Do i need it? No.

May other need/want/GAS it? Sure...
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

03 Jun 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
03 Jun 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I'm guessing 24 instances of grain, would cover it.

But that would be a nightmare! :o

Hooray from streamlined solutions!

Not just the sound, but the practicality. :thumbs_up:

When can haz Multigrain? :lol:
r11s

Despondo
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2020

I might pick this up if it goes on sale again on Black Friday. Sounds nice!

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Not been to the site to see if there is a sale but see the granular update is available.

Loque

23 Jul 2020

Does it work in Reason?
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

23 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Does it work in Reason?
So far....the GUI is laggy, but that may be because it's the demo version.

Sounds good! :puf_smile:
r11s

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Does it work in Reason?
I will be home soon so will update my version and try it for you loque.

Loque

24 Jul 2020

Popey wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Does it work in Reason?
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Popey wrote:
24 Jul 2020

Ok this is quite weird, updated to new version of rapid and tried in studio one and all good and loving new granular option. Went to try in reason standalone and cannot for the life of me get it to show up in device list. It's been a while since I used standalone reason as use rrp but tried pointing it to folder containing dll files and nothing worked. Checked manage plugins and not showing up at all. As it's been a while am I missing something obvious with getting vst into reason (made sure pointing to vst2)?

Edit: moved rapid to another folder and now working. Seems to work fine on reason for me Loque both synth and rapid fx worked. My specs are 4th gen i5, 32gb ram and just onboard graphics in case that helps you compare.
Last edited by Popey on 24 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

riemac

24 Jul 2020

Popey wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
24 Jul 2020

Ok this is quite weird, updated to new version of rapid and tried in studio one and all good and loving new granular option. Went to try in reason standalone and cannot for the life of me get it to show up in device list. It's been a while since I used standalone reason as use rrp but tried pointing it to folder containing dll files and nothing worked. Checked manage plugins and not showing up at all. As it's been a while am I missing something obvious with getting vst into reason (made sure pointing to vst2)?
On my windows system the 64-bit update shows up and works fine.
The granular oscillator in Rapid is so much better than in Grain. CPU is much lower as with other granular synths (for example Pigments uses much more cpu).

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2020

riemac wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Popey wrote:
24 Jul 2020

On my windows system the 64-bit update shows up and works fine.
The granular oscillator in Rapid is so much better than in Grain. CPU is much lower as with other granular synths (for example Pigments uses much more cpu).
Hi yes got it working in reason now. Agree cpu looks good so far and getting some really interesting useable sounds already.

Loque

24 Jul 2020

Thanks guys...
Reason12, Win10

• Information