CME WIDI Master

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2019

This looks interesting. MIDI over Bluetooth from the makers of Xkey Air.

https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master-wha ... o-for-you/

WIDI Master: The wireless MIDI over Bluetooth adapter.
With WIDI Master you can connect all your MIDI devices without wires. No matter if they are master or slave. For instance, you can connect two standalone MIDI hardware devices. Furthermore, you can pair your Bluetooth MIDI controller with any standalone MIDI hardware device. Also, you can pair your standalone MIDI hardware (switch to slave mode) with any iOS device or Mac. In addition, for Windows and Android users, you can use our WIDI BUD to fully enjoy these benefits.

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Just received this in the post today. Connected it to my old Yamaha V50 synth and was able to wirelessly control Reason 11 on my iMac using Bluetooth MIDI. Latency was excellent and it was very cool! I am trying to find out why no velocity, pitchbend or modwheel info was transmitted, but will test on my Ensoniq ASR-10 tomorrow. Anyway, worth a look!

https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/

DaveyG

24 Jul 2020

I use a similar thing from Yamaha. MD-BT01.

Despondo
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2020

Yes, I have seen that one. Difference with this new one is that you don't necessarily need a computer or other intermediate device. You can have 2 hard ware synths connected wirelessly through just the WIDI Master(s). I think that is a first for this technology.

More info here:

joeyluck

27 Oct 2022

I just ordered the CME WIDI Master.

I guess I had overlooked for years now that these devices are powered via the 5-pin MIDI output. I had no idea 5-pin MIDI could supply any power, even the small amount that is needed.

There are some, like the one by Roland that require batteries, but not this one or the Yamaha!

joeyluck

29 Oct 2022

Just got this today and it is amazing! It worked right away and there is no noticeable latency. I'm happy to have freed up another USB port! But also, I can now use my trusty old Studiologic SL-990XP to control iPad apps. I'm still stoked about the concept that it receives power from the MIDI port. I never considered any of these options before when assuming the necessity of batteries / charging.

It's on sale for $49 through Amazon (I had Zzounds match the price).

• Information