New RE "Obsession"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

16 Jul 2020

Popey wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
14 Jul 2020
The reverb sounds pretty nice and i just read, that it was coded by Mirko Ruta. He coded for a lot of the "big" names as you can see here:
* https://ruta-sound.com/dsp-development-2/
* https://ruta-sound.com/sounddesign/

The cool thing with the RE is, that you can send audio through it (did i already said <3 Synapse!). Would be interesting to see, what this guy can do with some good support and ideas. Maybe he would create some cool and unique fx...
Have you tried rapid loque? Lots of the fx are by Mirko ruta (possibly all).
Not yet. There wasnt ever a offer which made me jump on board and the discussions about Rapid are controversy and finally i am not sure it brings something new to my arsenal.

Anyway, thanks for that hint. I took the chance to check Rapid site again and noticed, that Rapid also available as FX. Here is the info, which FX he was involved (probably all?)
https://ruta-sound.com/dsp-development-2/
Reason12, Win10

stuk71

16 Jul 2020

Sublime sounds from this RE and the patch list and quality is very impressive.

Loque

16 Jul 2020

stuk71 wrote:
16 Jul 2020
The patches from Synapse are always of high quality. I just dropped in a Dune3 and nearly each selected patch gone into my current sound project. Everytime i pick The Legend or Antidot i quickly found a great and usable patch. Most of the time you even doesnt need to do much to make the sound fit. Really great patches and in Obsession there are around 400(!).

Synapse is top notch :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Popey wrote:
16 Jul 2020

Have you tried rapid loque? Lots of the fx are by Mirko ruta (possibly all).
Not yet. There wasnt ever a offer which made me jump on board and the discussions about Rapid are controversy and finally i am not sure it brings something new to my arsenal.

Anyway, thanks for that hint. I took the chance to check Rapid site again and noticed, that Rapid also available as FX. Here is the info, which FX he was involved (probably all?)
https://ruta-sound.com/dsp-development-2/
Embarrassingly I own it and had not realised you could also use it as fx, those reverbs will be sweet on a send. Granular is coming out this month and they have said on kvr there will be a summer sale too.

altron

18 Jul 2020

I've heard the Obsession VST has an option to randomize any voice settings via right-mouse menu. Any plans to add this option to the RE?
Trap is where music goes to die.

raymondh

18 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Jul 2020
stuk71 wrote:
16 Jul 2020
The patches from Synapse are always of high quality. I just dropped in a Dune3 and nearly each selected patch gone into my current sound project. Everytime i pick The Legend or Antidot i quickly found a great and usable patch. Most of the time you even doesnt need to do much to make the sound fit. Really great patches and in Obsession there are around 400(!).

Synapse is top notch :thumbs_up:
I agree! I'm a huge fan of Synapse!

Faastwalker

20 Jul 2020

Lush pads. Hard to pass up. Great price as well.

GRB

23 Jul 2020

Is it possible to get both RE and VST versions?

I though somebody talked about it. Should I buy the VST ($99) and then ask Synapse for the RE ($89)? Don't mind paying extra if I can get both, also have the Synapse Pack and love Antidote and The Legend :)

Either way I will get the RE but since I have Presonus Studio I'd like to use the VST there aswell.

Thanks!
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Electric-Metal

24 Jul 2020

GRB wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Is it possible to get both RE and VST versions?

I though somebody talked about it. Should I buy the VST ($99) and then ask Synapse for the RE ($89)? Don't mind paying extra if I can get both, also have the Synapse Pack and love Antidote and The Legend :)

Either way I will get the RE but since I have Presonus Studio I'd like to use the VST there aswell.

Thanks!
Get any version and contact Synapse support for a cross grade.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

DJMaytag

24 Jul 2020

Meh. RE is fine for me. I’ve got no use for the VST.

EdGrip

24 Jul 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Meh. RE is fine for me. I’ve got no use for the VST.
Meh indeed. Meh.

moneykube

26 Jul 2020

anyone know size of download?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2020

moneykube wrote:
26 Jul 2020
About 13 mb IIRC

moneykube

27 Jul 2020

aeox wrote:
26 Jul 2020
moneykube wrote:
26 Jul 2020
About 13 mb IIRC
thank you... purchased :thumbs_up: :exclamation:... 33 cents a patch :o... servers crawling crawling crawling :shock:
loved the demos by the way.... got every synapse rack... love em all
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

seqoi

03 Aug 2020

Started trial. Wow fantastic sounding synth.

Funny newbie question.

Can we use Obsession FX on the backside as an external processor? I tried to patch ReDrum IN into Obsession "Filter In" on the backside, and then routed Obsession Outs to the mixer. But nothing happens. I connected Matrix to CV Gate and note and run it and then i hear sound but i also hear Oscillators.

mjxl

03 Aug 2020

seqoi wrote:
03 Aug 2020
Started trial. Wow fantastic sounding synth.

Funny newbie question.

Can we use Obsession FX on the backside as an external processor? I tried to patch ReDrum IN into Obsession "Filter In" on the backside, and then routed Obsession Outs to the mixer. But nothing happens. I connected Matrix to CV Gate and note and run it and then i hear sound but i also hear Oscillators.
You can probably turn off all the waveforms on Osc1 section? (with that row of buttons obviously)

I've not tried this guy yet, so not 100% sure.

BRIGGS

03 Aug 2020

This or Rapid VST....decisions decisions. :puf_smile:
r11s

Loque

03 Aug 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
03 Aug 2020
If you are looking for a big workhorse synth, than probably Rapid. If you are looking for a nice and special sounding synth, than Obsession.

I personally skipped Rapid, since i have Avenger. But i am waiting for a better deal for Obsession, since i have a lot of stuff, which i even didnt touched yet and so much to explore before....so i can wait. Probably the same with Rapid, if there is a better deal, i still might jump. But i am pretty sure, that the patches in Obsession just sound better than the patches of Rapid...
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

03 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
03 Aug 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
03 Aug 2020
If you are looking for a big workhorse synth, than probably Rapid. If you are looking for a nice and special sounding synth, than Obsession.

I personally skipped Rapid, since i have Avenger. But i am waiting for a better deal for Obsession, since i have a lot of stuff, which i even didnt touched yet and so much to explore before....so i can wait. Probably the same with Rapid, if there is a better deal, i still might jump. But i am pretty sure, that the patches in Obsession just sound better than the patches of Rapid...
It's a tough decision. I'll definitely wait for a better deal. :thumbs_up:
r11s

geronimo

08 Aug 2020

Sorry , by inserting Obsession as an effect on an audio track and properly increasing the volume knob on the back of the Rack, I can no longer get any sound from a single audio track.
Can you help me ?

geronimo

09 Aug 2020

Nothing, for my issue ?

In the meantime, here is a Backdrop. for your Combinator .

Obsession01.jpg
Obsession01.jpg (126.93 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Last edited by geronimo on 09 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

retreed
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2020

geronimo wrote:
08 Aug 2020
Sorry , by inserting Obsession as an effect on an audio track and properly increasing the volume knob on the back of the Rack, I can no longer get any sound from a single audio track.
Can you help me ?
Select Obsession with your MIDI controller and press a key while playing back or create a note lane for Obsession and enter a note value in the sequencer.
Make sure to deactivate OSC 1/2 and NOISE for the filter on the front panel to just have your incoming audio.

TheLegend's manual is more precise on the filter input and it works the same there:
Like in the hardware world, the audio signal is mixed on the oscillator stage, before the filter and amplifier. Thus the filter, the amplifier and the envelopes can be used to shape the incoming audio signal. This implies that a key must be depressed to hear something.

geronimo

09 Aug 2020

Many thanks; it's work fine .

I had forgotten this aspect, also valid for other Instruments which can benefit from inputs via the rear of the Rack to cross filters or effects.

Another Backdrop:
Attachments
Obsession03.jpg
Obsession03.jpg (129.3 KiB) Viewed 2501 times

seqoi

10 Aug 2020

geronimo wrote:
08 Aug 2020
Can you help me ?
I solved it by adding Matrix lane to it. So there's no need for key being pressed. You only have to press Play and it works.

dvdrtldg

11 Aug 2020

Woahhh this is gorgeous

Trialing it at the moment and probably won't buy, as it doesn't really fill any gaps for me. But I wish it did, it's a seriously lovely instrument. If you're on the fence, just get it

• Information