Wusik Station v.9 $19.99. Any views?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Oh, and then to delete it from the rack - spinning wheel and another 16 seconds. I'm curious to see how it works on your systems.

I'm deleting this thing.
Hmm...this is weird...I downloaded a sound collection of over 16gb but when I install it it's only showing as like half a gig.
Edit: Uh...stupid mistake. Fixed it. Waiting on soundbanks to install now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

No problems with the devices here on Windows 10. Fast loading times and I'm really liking a lot of the sounds. 17 Gig is pretty heavy but I might fire them over to a flash drive. I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. I wrote to William with a few questions and he answered me straight away...can't say that of RS.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

His OSX mojo is severely lacking - sometimes it seems like he doesn't even have a mac. I looked at my old support tickets and it was the same story - Wusikstation crashing in Logic while browsing presets. Oh well, I don't need it anyway. Oh, and I was comparing the presets to those in Omnisphere and Halion 6.

I was right about it having some anti-crash thing going on, and it also explains the external process that's running:

The new ACP code creates an external process where the actual synth resides. The original App/Plugin talks to this external process and if it crashes, you still get to recover anything lost. This is all done automatically. Every 12 seconds a snapshot of the preset is taken and is stored in a slot of 4 presets. If the external process crashes, it restores the last preset. If it crashes right away it tries the previous preset. Until it no longer crashes. The only drawback of this system is that the actual GUI/Interface/Editor resides in the external process. You will notice this if you minimize the DAW/Host. You will see that the external process window is still there. So you need to close the editor from the DAW/Host before minimizing. In the future I may improve that. Also, when the external process crashes, there will be a delay where the code detects that and creates a new process and resumes operation.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

“ You will see that the external process window is still there. So you need to close the editor from the DAW/Host before minimizing”

What does that actually mean?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information