Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
adfielding

17 Jul 2020

Thanks again to everyone who joined me last night - really glad I decided to bring this Q&A forward a week as I really enjoyed the chilled vibe throughout, and there were some great questions asked during the chat so plenty to go through! If you missed it, you can check it out over on YouTube here.

Next week I fully intend to write another tune from scratch. Hope to see some of you there again! :)

Billy+

17 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
17 Jul 2020

Next week I fully intend to write another tune from scratch. Hope to see some of you there again! :)
Another great session, looking forward to next weeks.

I do have a follow up question about the glitch machine, is there a way to create it that would keep the samples bpm correct, I'm guessing nnxt is out of question. Could bounced rex samples in drocto work?

kinkujin

17 Jul 2020

Aww geez, I'm still making my way through the Synth-Wave one. It's great and I'm enjoying watching you work Adam. Thanks for these.

adfielding

20 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Jul 2020
adfielding wrote:
17 Jul 2020

Another great session, looking forward to next weeks.

I do have a follow up question about the glitch machine, is there a way to create it that would keep the samples bpm correct, I'm guessing nnxt is out of question. Could bounced rex samples in drocto work?
Cheers! I'd love to figure out a way to get the breakbeat-y chain chucking out stuff that's always tempo-correct, but I think that's a project in itself. If I get a free hour or two I might play around with that :)
kinkujin wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Aww geez, I'm still making my way through the Synth-Wave one. It's great and I'm enjoying watching you work Adam. Thanks for these.
Thanks, glad you're enjoying them!

Billy+

21 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
20 Jul 2020

Cheers! I'd love to figure out a way to get the breakbeat-y chain chucking out stuff that's always tempo-correct, but I think that's a project in itself. If I get a free hour or two I might play around with that :)
Think I've found something that might interest you

Watch through to the end as it gets very interesting.

krankins

21 Jul 2020

Well... after lurking here since the creation of Reasontalk, I just watched the recording of your last livestream and I feel compelled to make my first post to thank you. I thought I'd watch 10 minutes or so, but found myself sitting through the full two hours. Some great insights into workflow and techniques. Awesome. Looking forward to the next one. mobdro tubemate
Last edited by krankins on 24 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

adfielding

22 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
21 Jul 2020
Think I've found something that might interest you

Watch through to the end as it gets very interesting.
I've seen that before (Paul's videos are great btw, I still need to catch up on yesterday's RS stream!) and was thinking of doing something similar using the same Evolution/Matrix triggers I'd used before. Might not be a bad approach for tomorrow, actually! Thanks for the link :)
kinkujin wrote:
17 Jul 2020
krankins wrote:
21 Jul 2020
Well... after lurking here since the creation of Reasontalk, I just watched the recording of your last livestream and I feel compelled to make my first post to thank you. I thought I'd watch 10 minutes or so, but found myself sitting through the full two hours. Some great insights into workflow and techniques. Awesome. Looking forward to the next one.
Awesome - thanks, I'm glad you're both liking these :)

Billy+

22 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
22 Jul 2020

I've seen that before (Paul's videos are great btw, I still need to catch up on yesterday's RS stream!) and was thinking of doing something similar using the same Evolution/Matrix triggers I'd used before. Might not be a bad approach for tomorrow, actually! Thanks for the link :)
Should have guessed you had seen it, I stumbled upon it while looking info about RS stream guest.

Is that a hint a genre? DnB maybe.....

adfielding

23 Jul 2020

Tonight (Thursday 23rd) I'll be streaming at 7pm BST - this time I'll be doing one of my usual music-making livestreams, during which I'll be writing a complete tune from scratch over the course of a couple of hours or so. I'd originally planned on doing something with a more uptempo feel, but my current mood seems to be leaning much more toward doing something downtempo with more glitchy elements so I'll probably be doing something more along those lines.

Would love to see some of you there again, I always really enjoy the chilled atmosphere in the chat and I'll be taking questions & suggestions throughout. Cheers!

You can check out the stream here, tonight at 7pm BST

Heigen5

23 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Tonight (Thursday 23rd) I'll be streaming at 7pm BST - this time I'll be doing one of my usual music-making livestreams, during which I'll be writing a complete tune from scratch over the course of a couple of hours or so. I'd originally planned on doing something with a more uptempo feel, but my current mood seems to be leaning much more toward doing something downtempo with more glitchy elements so I'll probably be doing something more along those lines.

Would love to see some of you there again, I always really enjoy the chilled atmosphere in the chat and I'll be taking questions & suggestions throughout. Cheers!

You can check out the stream here, tonight at 7pm BST
Hey bro, is it gonna be 9pm if i'm +2 hours in the eastern timezone?

adfielding

23 Jul 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
23 Jul 2020
I thiiiink so - I've just had a quick look and it certainly looks that way, but I generally suck at time-zones :)

Heigen5

23 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
23 Jul 2020
I thiiiink so - I've just had a quick look and it certainly looks that way, but I generally suck at time-zones :)
Ok, mate, i think i'll be there to check you out today. :thumbs_up:

Billy+

23 Jul 2020

Hey Adam though I would give a heads up on my first question pre stream.

Any chance you can explain a classic FX Chain, and how one might go about creating something close in Reason?

I have two in mind, both from the M1 and both piano based they're Piano 8 & 16 patches.

I think in the M1 vst they might be call stereoPno 1 & 2

adfielding

24 Jul 2020

Thanks a ton to everyone who made it last night! Really appreciate you stopping in and getting involved :)

For those who missed it, I've since uploaded the stream to YouTube and you can check it out here.

As always, you can grab the R11 project file and/or MP3/FLAC exports for this track and all of my other live-stream tracks here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

...and if you'd rather just stream the track, I've popped it on Soundcloud here.

Cheers, and I'll be back again same time next week!

Lost Dog

26 Jul 2020

Hi Adam just wanted to say that I enjoy your streams, though not live yet. I enjoyed your processes and thoughts, I always enjoy to see/hear how others create. Also wanted to comment on that lead in your latest song, very reminiscent of the "Canada" patch for Complex-1, is this a coincidence?
Hope to catch more of your vids in the future!!! =)

adfielding

27 Jul 2020

Lost Dog wrote:
26 Jul 2020
Hi Adam just wanted to say that I enjoy your streams, though not live yet. I enjoyed your processes and thoughts, I always enjoy to see/hear how others create. Also wanted to comment on that lead in your latest song, very reminiscent of the "Canada" patch for Complex-1, is this a coincidence?

I can totally see the comparison, but it's a coincidence - I mean, beyond both myself and Tom (who created the Canada patch) having a particular fondness for Boards Of Canada :)

Lost Dog

27 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Lost Dog wrote:
26 Jul 2020

I can totally see the comparison, but it's a coincidence - I mean, beyond both myself and Tom (who created the Canada patch) having a particular fondness for Boards Of Canada :)
Hahaha, that's awesome to hear, it's such a great sounding patch, and so catches ones attention immediately. I will have to listen to some Boards Of Canada, I mainly listened to Biosphere and Aphex Twin when in an ambient mood in the 90's.
Cheers

Marc64

27 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
24 Jul 2020
Thanks a ton to everyone who made it last night! Really appreciate you stopping in and getting involved :)

For those who missed it, I've since uploaded the stream to YouTube and you can check it out here.

As always, you can grab the R11 project file and/or MP3/FLAC exports for this track and all of my other live-stream tracks here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

...and if you'd rather just stream the track, I've popped it on Soundcloud here.

Cheers, and I'll be back again same time next week!
Great track, just my cup of tea :)

adfielding

29 Jul 2020

Lost Dog wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Hahaha, that's awesome to hear, it's such a great sounding patch, and so catches ones attention immediately. I will have to listen to some Boards Of Canada, I mainly listened to Biosphere and Aphex Twin when in an ambient mood in the 90's.
Oh wow, if you've never dived into BoC then you're in for a treat :) I'd suggest starting from the beginning (of sorts) with Music Has The Right To Children, though my personal favourites are probably Geogaddi (but it's a close call between that and MHTRTC) and Tomorrow's Harvest.
Marc64 wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

On an unrelated note - unfortunately I'm not going to be able to stream this week, but I'll be back next Thursday (6th August) at the usual time of 7pm BST. Sorry about that.

edit: not 7pm BST, 6:30pm BST. See post below.
Last edited by adfielding on 05 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

29 Jul 2020

Bad form Adam it's my birthday Friday and I was looking forward to a reason session, I hope you're going to do a disco session next week.

Billy+

30 Jul 2020

Sorry Adam just found an old video with you and had to post it.

Check out the hair

adfielding

31 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Bad form Adam it's my birthday Friday and I was looking forward to a reason session, I hope you're going to do a disco session next week.
D'oh! Sorry about that, pesky real-life stuff getting in the way and that. Happy Birthday, hope it's a good 'un - make the most of the sun :)

Lost Dog

01 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
29 Jul 2020
Lost Dog wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Oh wow, if you've never dived into BoC then you're in for a treat :) I'd suggest starting from the beginning (of sorts) with Music Has The Right To Children, though my personal favourites are probably Geogaddi (but it's a close call between that and MHTRTC) and Tomorrow's Harvest.
Marc64 wrote:
27 Jul 2020
Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

On an unrelated note - unfortunately I'm not going to be able to stream this week, but I'll be back next Thursday (6th August) at the usual time of 7pm BST. Sorry about that.
Hey Adam
I will check out the albums you listed, though my co-worker had heard of Boards of Canada previously and we did put on one of their albums, can't remember which, but it was an early one from the late 90's.
I'm looking forward to this Thursday so I can catch one of your streams, hope you have a great weekend =)

Billy+

04 Aug 2020

adfielding wrote:
31 Jul 2020

D'oh! Sorry about that, pesky real-life stuff getting in the way and that. Happy Birthday, hope it's a good 'un - make the most of the sun :)
No worries Adam, what's this Thursday looking like?

adfielding

05 Aug 2020

Billy wrote:
04 Aug 2020
No worries Adam, what's this Thursday looking like?
Well... funny you should ask...

I was slightly concerned I was going to have to cancel AGAIN (which I really, really don't want to do) as I've got a meeting at 8pm on Thursday which I can't really change, but instead of missing another week I've decided to move it forward this week by half an hour to 6:30pm.

That means it's going to be a short one as I've got a hard cut-off at 8pm (probably a little before actually to give me a few minutes to switch over), so I'll be using this as an opportunity to do more of a Q&A/free-form kind of session. I don't like messing about with the start time, but it's pretty much the best option this week. Fingers crossed for a return to normal next week so I can get back to streaming some actual music-making!

tl;dr - I'll be starting half an hour earlier this week and it'll be a shorter Q&A/free-form stream.

• Information