Wusik Station v.9 $19.99. Any views?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

Just saw this deal, clicked in the link and there’s a review from a guy using it in Reason 10. Anybody got anything they can say about it? I’ve never heard of it before.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/purch ... p131234148

Edit: looks like all three of their VSTs are $19.99 at the moment.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

I have all of their stuff. It is a bit clunky to install and is a bit rough around the edges, but it is a decent offering from a lone developer who pours his heart into his products. It is not on par with some of the big boys (Arturia, U-He, etc.) but does what is advertised.

danc

26 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Apr 2020
Just saw this deal, clicked in the link and there’s a review from a guy using it in Reason 10. Anybody got anything they can say about it? I’ve never heard of it before.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/purch ... p131234148

Edit: looks like all three of their VSTs are $19.99 at the moment.
At first I thought it looked like a solo coder project that had gone on for far too many years .. down a wormhole adding relentlessly more and more features... without for a second thinking maybe it needs to be friendly and easy to use... nope... instead... I shall continue to add yet another button... (reminding me of a Melda synth and their relentless sub-pages. Maybe he's from the same mad-scientist family)... and then I confirmed my thoughts... it is a solo coder that has spent far too many years and years and years and tears making this mammoth synth - with very little media coverage.

And for this reason - for some reason I'm intrigued and interested.

Then I watched some videos (with the coder explaining his mad invention) and thought... actually this thing does have something cool and unique about it.

I'm off to demo it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Check my Soundcloud:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2020

It is something like Falcon, or Serum, or Phase Plant, rolled into one but with more features. Such as Ensoniq Transwave wave sequencing.

You can even load up your own VST effects, so I could essentially use my Snap-Heap as an insert.

20 bucks is a DEAL.

Guess I'll try it to see how the work flow is and how it sounds. Looks like nobody covers it on YouTube. Strange since it's been around for 9+ years.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

xylyx

27 Apr 2020

He did have a strong presence many years ago but there was a stage where he started offering new products for pre-order and then didn't deliver them, so that created a lot of negative feeling on KvR at that time. Just to be clear, this was in the past and he appears to have changed his ways but it appears that he has never quite bounced back from that time. I have an older version of Wusikstation and occassionally use it, but never saw any need to upgrade to a newer version and none of his newer products have tempted me (even some of the ones he offered for free). You do get a lot of content for $20 though.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2020

Is it essentially a Rompler? Most people here know what I think about Romplers.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

27 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
27 Apr 2020
It comes with a large set of samples and sounds. Think of that as a bonus pack - it's not essential to use.

So - you're alarm bells can stop ringing! It's most definitely NOT a Rompler - because you can create your own sounds from scratch (OSC, samples etc.) and never touch the library.
Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

27 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
27 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
27 Apr 2020
It comes with a large set of samples and sounds. Think of that as a bonus pack - it's not essential to use.

So - you're alarm bells can stop ringing! It's most definitely NOT a Rompler - because you can create your own sounds from scratch (OSC, samples etc.) and never touch the library.
Whats contained in the sample library? How is the quality?
Reason12, Win10

danc

27 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
27 Apr 2020
danc wrote:
27 Apr 2020

It's 16gb and I've only just dipped my toes in. Thankfully it's in sets - so you can download bits at a time.

http://dw.wusik.site/index.html

For some mad reason it's all downloadable for FREE, without the need to register an account or anything. Just use the link above. You don't need to use the Wusik instruments.
So, use the samples wherever you please - assuming that your sampler can accept FLAC or SFZ format.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
27 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
27 Apr 2020

It's 16gb and I've only just dipped my toes in. Thankfully it's in sets - so you can download bits at a time.

http://dw.wusik.site/index.html

For some mad reason it's all downloadable for FREE, without the need to register an account or anything. Just use the link above. You don't need to use the Wusik instruments.
So, use the samples wherever you please - assuming that your sampler can accept FLAC or SFZ format.
TAL Sampler imports .sfz. Coooool!!!!
Are the samples you've tried thus far any good?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Futz

28 Apr 2020

I used to use Wusik V4-V6. It was pretty good and had some unusual ideas at the time.
The library was vast and was being extended every month.
Wusik was like a crazy subscription where you didn't know what would happen next.
There was a magazine every month that was superb. The graphic design and writing was fantastic.
Some of the tutes changed everything for me.
It did seem to devolve into a whole grab bag of differing products that I couldn't make sense of, and I moved on.
For $20 I might have to have another look.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2020

Just saw they’ve got a 90% off everything summer sale just now so that makes the workstation 9 $10!!!
Workstation 10 (due for release) is only $6 but I don’t know if it’s a free upgrade for existing owners.
Anybody know anything about their other devices.
This seems like a total must buy at the moment.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2020

I bought Wusik 7 and stopped using it because it was extremely buggy and I just didn't trust it. So after ignoring them for a while, and seeing that the upgrade to the latest and greatest V9 was only $3.99, I bit. It crashed Logic 3 times already and NOTHING crashes Logic. I'm trying it in Reason right now and so far it appears to be stable. I'm not sure this is going to be worth it, even for $3.99 and gigabytes of sounds (which are mediocre so far).
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2020

And....it just crashed Reason.

If I can't trust it, I'm not using it.

Wusik is on my blacklist.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
22 Jul 2020
And....it just crashed Reason.

If I can't trust it, I'm not using it.

Wusik is on my blacklist.
What happened? Like how?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2020

In Reason, it crashed after I switched skins. It got hung up in the rack and I had to force quit Reason. Then my system just seemed funky and I pulled up Activity Monitor and noticed that some Wuzik process was stuck. Forced quit that. After the Logic crash, this was enough for me, I was done.

It crashed Logic simply by switching through the presets. There's something weird about this plugin because it seems to have some built-in crash mechanism where it resets itself if when it breaks. Seems like if a preset crashed it would reset itself. The screen would switch to 'loading' for no reason and then I was back at an initialized Wusikstation. This happened quite frequently, and often when i was I was in the middle of the preset list. The thing would 'reset' and then take me back to the top level of the preset tree.

This was just not worth it for me. The presets were just ok. I don't know - maybe performance is different on Windows.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
22 Jul 2020
In Reason, it crashed after I switched skins. It got hung up in the rack and I had to force quit Reason. Then my system just seemed funky and I pulled up Activity Monitor and noticed that some Wuzik process was stuck. Forced quit that. After the Logic crash, this was enough for me, I was done.

It crashed Logic simply by switching through the presets. There's something weird about this plugin because it seems to have some built-in crash mechanism where it resets itself if when it breaks. Seems like if a preset crashed it would reset itself. The screen would switch to 'loading' for no reason and then I was back at an initialized Wusikstation. This happened quite frequently, and often when i was I was in the middle of the preset list. The thing would 'reset' and then take me back to the top level of the preset tree.

This was just not worth it for me. The presets were just ok. I don't know - maybe performance is different on Windows.
Aha! Read all the way down to the last word...”Windows”. I didn’t remember you were in a Mac. I’ll try it later today. Thanks for the explanation of what was going on.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 Jul 2020

This guy has some lack of communication and the site is buggy and confusing.

Whats this all about with the V10 preorder? I buy it and have to pray for a release or can i use V9 in the meantime? WHy does it cost 60 while V9 cost 100? I read, that this guy is somehow "special", but this is...just weird...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020

Whats this all about with the V10 preorder? I buy it and have to pray for a release or can i use V9 in the meantime? WHy does it cost 60 while V9 cost 100? I read, that this guy is somehow "special", but this is...just weird...
He has bipolar disorder. I wrote to him yesterday a couple of times to ask about stuff and he replied almost straight away. Here's the gen on v.10
"V10 is not ready yet, so it's a pre-order, meaning you will get nothing until I release the first beta. Which is a bit away, due to the pandemic. :-( So go for V9, which has everything."
Also here is a comparison chart for all his products:
https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... comparison
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020

He has bipolar disorder. I wrote to him yesterday a couple of times to ask about stuff and he replied almost straight away. Here's the gen on v.10
"V10 is not ready yet, so it's a pre-order, meaning you will get nothing until I release the first beta. Which is a bit away, due to the pandemic. :-( So go for V9, which has everything."
Any words for this included 16GB sound content? I am currently trying not buy stuff, i already have regardless of price or free stuff and i have enough synths...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
23 Jul 2020

Any words for this included 16GB sound content? I am currently trying not buy stuff, i already have regardless of price or free stuff and i have enough synths...
I had my pc on all night downloading but haven't installed it...nearly 17GB. Hurricane says they are just "alright". I don't know...I think I just bought it because I've been looking at it so long I thought it was worth spending $9.99 so I could forget it about it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Screw this thing, man. I have tons of plugins and this is the only one that's given me problems. It won't even load anymore:

fuwusik.png
fuwusik.png (23.01 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2020

I had my pc on all night downloading but haven't installed it...nearly 17GB. Hurricane says they are just "alright".
Yeah they're ok. Nothing amazing. Some sound sets are definitely better than the others.

Takes like 5 seconds or so to load in Reason after you drag it onto the rack. Then, I don't know if it's just my system, but after it minimizes and you go back to open it, it takes a really long time to come back. I get the spinning wheel every single time I click 'open'. And it always opens up to it "loading" and it loses track of where I was in the preset tree. I just tried to open it again and counted....15 seconds - it took 15 seconds to present itself as ready on the screen.
Last edited by hurricane on 23 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

Oh, and then to delete it from the rack - spinning wheel and another 16 seconds. I'm curious to see how it works on your systems.

I'm deleting this thing.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
23 Jul 2020
Oh, and then to delete it from the rack - spinning wheel and another 16 seconds. I'm curious to see how it works on your systems.

I'm deleting this thing.
Give me a minute and I’ll install it. Hang on.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information