To RE developers: What's your own favorite RE that you've made?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2020

((( EDIT: Please mention one RE that's actually FINISHED. If every developer is gonna say "The one I'm working on" and then not even tell us about it, this is gonna be a super boring thread ))) :lol:

I think I asked this question a couple of years ago. But many REs has been made since then.
I just thought the topic would be interesting. :)
Let us know what RE you're most proud of and why.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 06 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Apr 2020

The one I am currently working on.

It's not made yet, but still. The thing is, the work you have finished always has flaws and you get bored with it. While the new one is built on hopes and dreams.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Apr 2020

orthodox wrote:
06 Apr 2020
The one I am currently working on.

It's not made yet, but still. The thing is, the work you have finished always has flaws and you get bored with it. While the new one is built on hopes and dreams.
^^THIS^^

joeyluck

06 Apr 2020

Lol I think maybe the thread title could be changed to "...that you've released." I cant speak for the intention of this thread, but just guessing...

I think this thread could serve as a nice place for developers to plug their favorite available creations, talk about them, have a conversation about them, and users can be inspired to explore the mentioned REs.

I think we can all relate to the point being made with anything we create. But if everyone's favorite isn't released yet (or in this case thus far, it's perpetually the one not released), it becomes a hype thread :P

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
06 Apr 2020
Lol I think maybe the thread title could be changed to "...that you've released." I cant speak for the intention of this thread, but just guessing...

I think this thread could serve as a nice place for developers to plug their favorite available creations, talk about them, have a conversation about them, and users can be inspired to explore the mentioned REs.

I think we can all relate to the point being made with anything we create. But if everyone's favorite isn't released yet (or in this case thus far, it's perpetually the one not released), it becomes a hype thread :P
Yes. Listen to Joey guys. :lol:
Play along here. You know what I meant. Give us something. If your answer is gonna be "The one I'm working on" then at least tell us about it, other wise this won't even work as a hype thread.

I just made an edit in the thread description to clarify.

orthodox
RE Developer

07 Apr 2020

Okay, I have released only one RE so far, so my choice is obvious. It's this compressor: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -dynamics/

Definitely, I am proud of it. Needless to say, I consider it the best compressor out there, for the range of capabilities that I missed in other compressors. I've always wanted to have such device myself. I opened the Wikipedia page on compressors to see how diverse they can be, and implemented every single feature from there, so now it can do everything I can think of, apart from emulating hardware quirks.

selig
RE Developer

07 Apr 2020

I would have to say the Leveller is my favorite, with the ColoringEQ as a close second. Both do things that are still not available with any other product on any platform (which is always a goal for me), and is exactly why I created them in the first place. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

07 Apr 2020

I'm going to make some guesses.....
Lectric Panda's favorite: PSQ-1684 Nostromo (runner up Nostromo)
Robotic Bean's favorite: Sequences (runner up Resonans)
Blamsoft's favorite: Expanse (runner up VK-2)
Jiggery Pokery: JPS (runner up Annimus)
Rob Papen: B.I.T.
Ochen K: 4Mer
Static Cling: Delta
Enlightenspeed: Melodic Inverter
TonicMint: ScaleMatrix
Zvork: Oberon
LoveOne: Proton
Pongasoft: CVA-7
Kuassa: Caliburn
Synapse: The Legend
Propellerhead: Complex-1
Selig: I would have guess Leveler or Color EQ. No joke! I love them both. Actually, I love all the REs named above. <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

07 Apr 2020

My favourite RE is the Maia Orange Edition.
I personally think this is the best product I've ever made (I’ve been making refills for 19 years and rack extensions for 2 years).
When I started this project in October, I had several new ideas... like independent step seq rates, step seq as modulator source, etc.. and as I progressed, more and more ideas came up, so by the end I could barely finish ;-)
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
07 Apr 2020
Lectric Panda's favorite: PSQ-1684 Nostromo (runner up Nostromo)
Robotic Bean's favorite: Sequences (runner up Resonans)
Blamsoft's favorite: Expanse (runner up VK-2)
Jiggery Pokery: JPS (runner up Annimus)
Rob Papen: B.I.T.
Ochen K: 4Mer
Static Cling: Delta
TonicMint: ScaleMatrix
Zvork: Oberon
LoveOne: Proton
Pongasoft: CVA-7
Kuassa: Caliburn
Synapse: The Legend
Propellerhead: Complex-1
Selig: I would have guess Leveler or Color EQ. No joke! I love them both. Actually, I love all the REs named above. <3
That's a great idea. We can just assume we know the answers and if the developers don't agree they will come here and set the record straight. :D

Well Robotic Bean's favorite is obviously MC-1 More Cowbell. Other than that great list.

I'll continue with my own guesses:

Audiorealism: ABL3 Computer Bassline
DLD Technology: Snakebite
Lab One Recording: Mace Professional Compressor
Primal Audio: FM4
Red Rock Sound: Red70 or C1-L1 Vintage Compressor
Skrock: Kraft Synthesizer
Unfiltered Audio: Renoun Reverb

Socram
RE Developer

07 Apr 2020

Well if you're asking... :D

I'm extremely proud of the technical challenges I overcame as well as the unique capabilities and power of Delta MIDI Computer. Easily my most ambitious device yet, and for the foreseeable future as well.

It took a long time, but eventually everything came together in a package that seemed to really jive with a lot of people. I also couldn't have done it without some very dedicated beta testers that I'm very grateful to have built relationships with.
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

Blamsoft
RE Developer

09 Apr 2020

My favorite Blamsoft RE is VK-2. It incorporates all of the tricks learned making previous synths. It is what I would pull up for retro music which is what I have been making in the past few years.

Vil
RE Developer

10 Apr 2020

You're right challism, Tonicmint's fav is the ScaleMatrix. :)
Honestly, this was my first idea, when I jumped into the RE development.
But of course I loved them all when I made it.

WongoTheSane

11 Apr 2020

This is the best thread I've read in a good while. Thanks to the devs for chiming in, even if, as challism pointed out, their favs are pretty much the same as ours :D

joeyluck

12 Apr 2020

WongoTheSane wrote:
11 Apr 2020
This is the best thread I've read in a good while. Thanks to the devs for chiming in, even if, as challism pointed out, their favs are pretty much the same as ours :D
Well challism was wrong about Blamsoft! Lol

This is a great thread :) I changed it to be a sticky.

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

13 Apr 2020

Based on what I use the most it has to be the Forgotten Compressor. I'm just not able to achieve compression that is as transparent with other compressors, they all add color (which is often really nice but sometimes you want something clean).

And since we're on the train of going for future products: The new RE I'm finishing up right now is a hot candidate as well. Will be a huge time saver for myself, at the least and I hope for others too.

ekss
RE Developer

15 Apr 2020

I've only made one as Ekssperimental Sounds Studio, the ES01 which I love and use all the time for lo-fi/analog/retro synth sounds. Really happy for the extensive routing possibilities of the mod matrix , specially to be able to control PW with envelope, offset sub oscillator to make it a slightly detuned dual osc or to make sounds with added 5th - harmonics etc..

For the work I've done with Robotic Bean I think my personal favourite is Sequences, also use it a lot!
Last edited by ekss on 20 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Apr 2020

Currently released two REs.. DropNLift (ideology of Whammy DT, part of DropTune, that now have more very creative additions) and Spring 905 (absolutely moogish kind of spring sound in electronic music).

Hard to select better.
Just need to say.. better products - always that into the head with new ideas.
Better device - always that under what we work.
... or may be this is a REVOICER. Very rich range of Vocoder possibilities..
Hard to select.

Loque

15 Apr 2020

ForgottenClank wrote:
13 Apr 2020
Based on what I use the most it has to be the Forgotten Compressor. I'm just not able to achieve compression that is as transparent with other compressors, they all add color (which is often really nice but sometimes you want something clean).

And since we're on the train of going for future products: The new RE I'm finishing up right now is a hot candidate as well. Will be a huge time saver for myself, at the least and I hope for others too.
You have my attention now... 😏
Reason12, Win10

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

15 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
15 Apr 2020
You have my attention now... 😏
If you want a sneak peek, I'll give you a beta license :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
07 Apr 2020

Hmmmm...

It's a sort of yes, sort of no. to be honest.

The thing is that Melodic Inverter is a songwriting tool to help take ideas from an early stage and give them multiple potential directions or arrangement ideas, or otherwise give new life to old tracks that hit a wall. I'm very proud of that, certainly, but for me, it's just not what the combination of Alter/Filter and Humanizer can do - where you take a groove file for Studio Drummer in Kontakt or whatever, and turn an otherwise static performance into a real drum performance, and it works every time. I absolutuly love that you can do that, and it genuinely warms me up inside every time I do it :) They have a very immediate practical use, whereas Mel Inverter still requires a lot of paying attention to what's happening, and then bits of tweaking here and there.

In addition to this, each new plugin that you do represents a new challenge to overcome, and once you're over each hurdle you then have working code to do 'operation x', and can use that going forward. It goes without saying that Melodic Inverter was only possible because of work done previously in other plugins, specifically Alter and Humanizer.

Chordbank is a completely different story, and a long one at that; I'm proud that it managed to achieve it's goal. I am also very proud of all the Python scripting which was done to actually build the Lua stuff for Chordbank. As a debut plugin effort it's really not bad and gives users a lot of power that isn't available anywhere else (it was released after Filter and Alter, but research and design work started on it a full year before).

I should also thank Challism personally at this point for isolating a bug in Chordbank which I had never been able to reproduce meaningfully. The file you sent me showed EXACTLY what the problem was, and the fixed version has now been uploaded to the RS server, and should be available via Sync All relatively soon. :) I'm delighted with this, because this bug had always concerned me, but I had been looking in the wrong place. You gave me the light on moment, so once again, I'm hugely grateful for this.

So at the end of the day, if I had to pick just one..... I'd say "screw your rules I'm picking 2". For me, it's Note Alter and Note Humanizer.

Thanks for asking :)
Brian

eXode

18 Apr 2020

Disclaimer: While I'm not a developer per se, I was involved with the design of both Expanse, and Viking VK-2.

VK-2 is probably my favorite. I had great fun with Expanse and a lot of lessons/experience from being part of it, but VK-2 is my go to for analog goodness (regardless of platform). As far as I'm concerned it's up there with the best analog emulations.

zvork

19 Apr 2020

A bit late to the party but I would say the favorite RE that I made is... LeSpace!! Yeah, I just find myself sprinkling it all over my rack just to widen everything and make my tracks breath more. Oberon was obviously the most complex and work consuming and the one I am most proud of technically speaking but LeSpace is just so useful for me on a day to day basis. Love it!

stp2015

12 May 2020

Blamsoft wrote:
09 Apr 2020
My favorite Blamsoft RE is VK-2. It incorporates all of the tricks learned making previous synths. It is what I would pull up for retro music which is what I have been making in the past few years.
VK-2 is very good. Would recommend it as a mandatory purchase for anyone, any style of electronic music.

apoc123
RE Developer

19 Jul 2020

I was going to answer this a while back but it was not released yet...now it is!

By far Glacius X is the favorite here at DNA Labs!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
-dark Glacius - Skin 01 cam1.png
-dark Glacius - Skin 01 cam1.png (627.48 KiB) Viewed 19811 times

• Information