Reason Studios recruit Beta Testers!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tiker01

17 Jul 2020

If you have the time and will to help Reason Studios to make Reason "bug free" this might be interesting for you! :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

You can sign up here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup

Have a great weekend!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

Hahahahaha. Yeah right!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Nirude

17 Jul 2020

Sorry dont have time for beta-testing. I have bought Dune3 and that synth crashes sometimes and closes Reason.
I am currently waiting for my new workstation and I hope that will keep both Dune3 & Reason steady.
dr.JPG
dr.JPG (63.5 KiB) Viewed 6849 times
3d man.

robotgard

17 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

loui
Reason Studios

17 Jul 2020

Yes, please do sign up. It's a new Beta program which will commence at some point in a not too distant future.

If you are familiar with our previous public testings that we've had just prior to major releases, this is something similar but with some major differences.

1. It will not end, this is a continuous ongoing program were the aim is to update Reason on a regular basis.
2. These Beta versions are not as slow as many of you might be used to, but don't use them for your professional work unless you have backups.
3. Logs are automatically sent to us in case of asserts.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup

Welcome!

Loui

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

Personally I’d rather spend my evenings and weekends with my kids than working free of charge beta testing Reason for RS.
I, along with many, have sent bug reports on Props products over and over without any results so...well, there you have it.
That’s how I feel about it but of course others may feel differently. They’re not doing us any favors though. That I’m sure of.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Kilsane

17 Jul 2020

If my English would not be so bad, I would be tempted to participate

Loque

17 Jul 2020

Nirude wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Sorry dont have time for beta-testing. I have bought Dune3 and that synth crashes sometimes and closes Reason.
I am currently waiting for my new workstation and I hope that will keep both Dune3 & Reason steady.
dr.JPG
What are you doing?
I reported a bug where Dune3 crashes when have automation for the filter, open the GUI and change the filter while it is playing. This bug is confirmed and will be fixed in the next update...whenever it will be out... maybe not so far in the future since Obsession is now released...
Last edited by Loque on 17 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

17 Jul 2020

I've been a Beta Tester for them in the past. I stopped because they pretty much ignored the bugs I reported and shipped the software anyway.
Kinda pointless.

Loque

17 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
17 Jul 2020
I've been a Beta Tester for them in the past. I stopped because they pretty much ignored the bugs I reported and shipped the software anyway.
Kinda pointless.
So, you created a ticket? :lol:
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

17 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
17 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Kinda pointless.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

17 Jul 2020

Many of you are really great candidates for this. You use the software, you know the software, and you are pretty involved here. For me personally, I beta test for almost all the software I use, because I want it to be the best it can be and I want the bugs that I personally encounter to be fixed.

My guess is that the tickets some of you saw closed (and perhaps moved) was in prep for this program, which as mentioned is new and ongoing. This program shows a real focus on squashing bugs.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Jul 2020

Believe it or not there is a really useful trick you can do here which will help your songwriting and production.

Beta testing versions can obviously not be used as a full production tool - however where many people get lost is in trying to be overly conservative with "this synth sound" or "that piano line", and it grinds a creative process to a halt. When you use a testing version, however, you are forced to bounce MIDI and/or audio in order to preserve anything cool that you like, and you then pick it up later in Reason (stable version) and it's not as difficult to break the cycle than it would have been if it had been in a full song file.

This requires a "save early/save often" approach, of course, but it can help to segment things down properly, and also has the advantage that it does not necessarily generate a huge bank of version numbered .reason files which can start to weigh everything down.

It's not a utopia, but if used well it can be helpful to both yourself and the RS team.

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

I used to do the beta tests, but I barely have enough time to do my own music.
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Believe it or not there is a really useful trick you can do here which will help your songwriting and production.

Beta testing versions can obviously not be used as a full production tool - however where many people get lost is in trying to be overly conservative with "this synth sound" or "that piano line", and it grinds a creative process to a halt. When you use a testing version, however, you are forced to bounce MIDI and/or audio in order to preserve anything cool that you like, and you then pick it up later in Reason (stable version) and it's not as difficult to break the cycle than it would have been if it had been in a full song file.

This requires a "save early/save often" approach, of course, but it can help to segment things down properly, and also has the advantage that it does not necessarily generate a huge bank of version numbered .reason files which can start to weigh everything down.

It's not a utopia, but if used well it can be helpful to both yourself and the RS team.
100%.

DaveyG

17 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
17 Jul 2020
DaveyG wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Kinda pointless.
No, I just gave up on them.

Biolumin3sc3nt

17 Jul 2020

I'll give it a whirl

NDKay

17 Jul 2020

This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Billy+

17 Jul 2020

loui wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Yes, please do sign up. It's a new Beta program which will commence at some point in a not too distant future.

If you are familiar with our previous public testings that we've had just prior to major releases, this is something similar but with some major differences.

1. It will not end, this is a continuous ongoing program were the aim is to update Reason on a regular basis.
2. These Beta versions are not as slow as many of you might be used to, but don't use them for your professional work unless you have backups.
3. Logs are automatically sent to us in case of asserts.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup

Welcome!

Loui
Finally a proper beta testing team, count me in. I do have a few questions though.

1). Can I run it on my production machine side by side with my current install.
2). Is there going to be a point of contact that we can communicate with, and who will respond.
3). Will we get a dedicated forum to discuss issues and see if collectively they are re creatable.
4). Are you limiting the number of testers.
5). What access do we get to rack extensions.

Also I'm having massive problems using the default browser in El Capitan, have you stop supporting this OS?

Either way I'm on board!

Bes
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

seems like signing up is harmless tho
- Certified Reason expert

EnochLight

17 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Finally a proper beta testing team, count me in. I do have a few questions though.

2). Is there going to be a point of contact that we can communicate with, and who will respond.
3). Will we get a dedicated forum to discuss issues and see if collectively they are re creatable.

Also I'm having massive problems using the default browser in El Capitan, have you stop supporting this OS?

Either way I'm on board!
I'm sure loui will correct me if I'm wrong, but here goes:

1. Yes.
2. Yes. As for who, does it matter?
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. All of your purchased RE's will work in the beta.

No clue about Mac OS, hopefully he'll chime in.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zoidkirb

17 Jul 2020

loui wrote:
17 Jul 2020

This is exciting news and sounds like Reason be in for many improvements, something we should all be happy for.

Billy+

17 Jul 2020

EnochLight wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Billy wrote:
17 Jul 2020

Either way I'm on board!

1. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Seriously?

The only response that I would question is answer (5) if testing is the primary goal then the test environment needs to have access to all/any "bug" prerequisites, as such it would make sense that the beta version has full access to unrestricted rack extensions or at least mandatory resets on trails every 30 days.

Are you part of the reasonstudio team/group enochlight?

joeyluck

17 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
17 Jul 2020
EnochLight wrote:
17 Jul 2020

1. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Seriously?

The only response that I would question is answer (5) if testing is the primary goal then the test environment needs to have access to all/any "bug" prerequisites, as such it would make sense that the beta version has full access to unrestricted rack extensions or at least mandatory resets on trails every 30 days.

Are you part of the reasonstudio team/group enochlight?
This is how beta testing has gone for the past 8 years that REs have been available in Reason. It's covered by having a good number of testers. Just like many testers are on macOS or Windows or both, macOS High Sierra or Catalina, a new computer vs. an older computer, using this hardware or that hardware, etc. So I'd wager the answer to number 5 is correct.

Murf
RE Developer

17 Jul 2020

tiker01 wrote:
17 Jul 2020
If you have the time and will to help Reason Studios to make Reason "bug free" this might be interesting for you! :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

You can sign up here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/beta-test/signup

Have a great weekend!
Done!

dannyF

17 Jul 2020

"folder tracks in sequencer" since 2007.

• Information