FabFilter -25% sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
minilog

23 Dec 2018

I read somewhere that bundles can only be transferred to another user as they were bought. I really only wanted the Pro Q 3 and thought maybe I could transfer other products to other users if I wanted. I bought a couple weekend passes to a music festival in March instead.

Le Boeuf

26 Dec 2018

Really tempting, i only want the Fabfilter MB tho so maybe i should just wait and see if it goes on january sale :D
antic604 wrote:
17 Dec 2018
Until 1st of Jan FabFilter is running a -25% Holiday Sale

https://www.fabfilter.com/

Few tips:
- if you want to get a bundle but already have some of their plugins, go & see Personal Offers under the My Account tab and build your bundle there - for example Mastering Bundle for me is cheaper EUR11 that way; not a lot but always something,
- if you're not FabFilter customer yet, ask your friend - who is - to send you an e-mail using FabFilter's form right below Personal Offers - you'll get the 10% discount, (s)he'll get EUR10 towards their next purchase once you make the purchase,

BTW, if anyone wants I can send them that e-mail, just PM me with your details

antic604

26 Dec 2018

minilog wrote:
23 Dec 2018
I read somewhere that bundles can only be transferred to another user as they were bought. I really only wanted the Pro Q 3 and thought maybe I could transfer other products to other users if I wanted. I bought a couple weekend passes to a music festival in March instead.
So you're buiyng plugins thinking about how you're gonna sell them? :shock: :?

antic604

26 Dec 2018

Ok, so I caved in and got myself an L2, MB, Q3 and C2. What convinced me was the price - EUR303 and I'm a big acid house/techno/trance fan. It's almost as if they knew that... :D

minilog

27 Dec 2018

antic604 wrote:
26 Dec 2018
So you're buiyng plugins thinking about how you're gonna sell them? :shock: :?
Not really but I can be certain that something will collect dust out of the bundle that another user might want. Their policy is ridiculous and I'd rather pay more money for the entire bundle than not being able to transfer individually. I'll just get Pro Q off somebody on KVR but I don't want it that bad not even for $160.

Loque

16 Jul 2020

There is currently a sale going on. Its also for upgrades with 25% discount.
https://www.fabfilter.com/shop/

(caught)(caught)...You can PM me for a 10% discount if you are not yet a FabFilter customer...(caught)(caught)
Last edited by Loque on 16 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

kuhliloach

16 Jul 2020

Why do they price the iOS bundle so much lower?! Currently $89.99 until August 1! Wow.

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

As a first time buyer of any FabFilter product, are there any suggestions or best route options?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Loque

16 Jul 2020

deeplink wrote:
16 Jul 2020
As a first time buyer of any FabFilter product, are there any suggestions or best route options?
Depends on what you you are looking for or need.

The EQ is great, but seems a bit buggy since tge latest update - got to check that tomorrow.

The reverb is very good.

The Compressor is excellent. The multiband compressor is not really needed, especially if you have the EQ.

The limiter is very good.

Saturn is very good. But things like Trash2 can do a quite similar job, but with a worse UI.

The gate is very good.

I cannot say much about the de-esser.

The rest is meehh... Not really needed.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

18 Jul 2020

Bit confused here. Looking at Saturn, it's currently priced at £114/€129. Is that 25% down from their normal price? Their bundles have the "-25%" label on them, but not the individual plugins

Loque

18 Jul 2020

tallguy wrote:
18 Jul 2020
Bit confused here. Looking at Saturn, it's currently priced at £114/€129. Is that 25% down from their normal price? Their bundles have the "-25%" label on them, but not the individual plugins
No, its just for the bundles. I think you could have grabbed Saturn 2 on its release quite cheap. This had also give you some ugrade discount now, if you would look for a bundle - but i am not sure which is the cheapest way here...

I just checked where and when i bought me into FabFilter and its a bit more than a year now and it looks like FabFilter does not make any big sales, so 25% is the way to go. So if you want to buy Saturn discounted, you need to go for a bundle now or wait for the next sale. Sadly Saturn is only In Mixing, Fx and Total Bundle, and in the Creative Bundle which is the last i would recommend. If you are not yet a customer, you can get an additional 10% discount from another FabFilter customer (cough, cough...)

I was a lucky bastard last year when i bought into FabFilter and got my stuff quite cheap, i think it was something like nearly 40% discount...If you can wait, wait. If you want/need it, maybe its time. If you just look for saturation, buy Trash2 for 5-30 bucks in the next sale.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

18 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Jul 2020
..If you can wait, wait. If you want/need it, maybe its time. If you just look for saturation, buy Trash2 for 5-30 bucks in the next sale.
I can wait. I have a few saturation plugins, but must say that Saturn is pretty good, I managed to get some interesting effects within a few minutes of playing around. I remember looking at Trash and being both over-and underwhelmed if that makes sense

Loque

18 Jul 2020

tallguy wrote:
18 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
18 Jul 2020
..If you can wait, wait. If you want/need it, maybe its time. If you just look for saturation, buy Trash2 for 5-30 bucks in the next sale.
I can wait. I have a few saturation plugins, but must say that Saturn is pretty good, I managed to get some interesting effects within a few minutes of playing around. I remember looking at Trash and being both over-and underwhelmed if that makes sense
I understand. From my POV iZotope should be slapped in the face for the GUI and workflow in Trash2 - its so bad...especially compared with Saturn.
Reason12, Win10

• Information