IK AmpliTube Max 66,6% off

Discuss VST stuff here!
arqui

13 Jul 2020

Hi Guitarist.
I have received an email from IK announcing this offer.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... psemax2020

regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

chimp_spanner

14 Jul 2020

Hey thanks for sharing this! This looks like a fantastic deal - is AmpliTube Max like, the top tier edition? I've just started using my POD again but I'm really tempted by this for re-amping.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Jul 2020
Hey thanks for sharing this! This looks like a fantastic deal - is AmpliTube Max like, the top tier edition? I've just started using my POD again but I'm really tempted by this for re-amping.
It's 88 pedals and amps etc, I think that is everything. There's a Whammy and a Univibe, FYI.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
14 Jul 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Jul 2020
It's 88 pedals and amps etc, I think that is everything. There's a Whammy and a Univibe, FYI.
Any experience with any of the stuff? Do you know if the Leslie is in that bundle?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arqui

14 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2020
Boombastix wrote:
14 Jul 2020

Any experience with any of the stuff? Do you know if the Leslie is in that bundle?
AmpliTube MAX includes all the gear available inside AmpliTube 4 Deluxe, Fender® Collection, AmpliTube MESA/Boogie®, AmpliTube Orange®, AmpliTube SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Edition, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Metal plus all of the additional name-brand gear models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop (as of February 2016) featuring the industry’s best manufacturers for a mind-blowing total of over 300 pieces of gear

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

arqui wrote:
14 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2020

AmpliTube MAX includes all the gear available inside AmpliTube 4 Deluxe, Fender® Collection, AmpliTube MESA/Boogie®, AmpliTube Orange®, AmpliTube SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Edition, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Metal plus all of the additional name-brand gear models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop (as of February 2016) featuring the industry’s best manufacturers for a mind-blowing total of over 300 pieces of gear

Thanks...yeah saw that. Just didn't have the time to plough through pages and pages of fx and cabs and amps and stuff :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

14 Jul 2020

I saw an ad for Amplitube the other day and thought I wanted to try it, then got excited about this deal. I downloaded the free version, and I'm glad I tried it first. seems like the sounds are decent enough, but I'm not a fan of the UI at all. kind of difficult to get around. just not very intuitive. and I guess if you don't buy the version with everything (I guess this Max deal?), you can demo components from their custom shop for a few days before buying. not sure what that process is like, because I didn't like it enough to give it a shot.

I'm sure it would feel better if you have most everything, but if you're more interested in using the free version, and then adding stuff you want a-la-carte, you'll be looking at loads of menus, and submenus, and more submenus of grayed out stuff. even if you do have everything, you still may need to poke through lots of those menus to find stuff. there might be a search function (definitely one for searching presets) for general stuff, but I didn't see it.

also, I did have access to something that had their version (or at least A version) of a Whammy pedal on it, and TBH, it sounded like trash.

I'll probably want another in-the-box amp sim soon, and I'll most likely be going with Kuassa. some of these other companies make good sounds (IK Multimedia; Positive Grid), but the experience is lacking (Amplitube's UI, and PG's bugginess). in the meantime, it's back to the (not so) ol' Boss floor pedal.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
14 Jul 2020
I saw an ad for Amplitube the other day and thought I wanted to try it, then got excited about this deal. I downloaded the free version, and I'm glad I tried it first. seems like the sounds are decent enough, but I'm not a fan of the UI at all. kind of difficult to get around. just not very intuitive. and I guess if you don't buy the version with everything (I guess this Max deal?), you can demo components from their custom shop for a few days before buying. not sure what that process is like, because I didn't like it enough to give it a shot.

I'm sure it would feel better if you have most everything, but if you're more interested in using the free version, and then adding stuff you want a-la-carte, you'll be looking at loads of menus, and submenus, and more submenus of grayed out stuff. even if you do have everything, you still may need to poke through lots of those menus to find stuff. there might be a search function (definitely one for searching presets) for general stuff, but I didn't see it.

also, I did have access to something that had their version (or at least A version) of a Whammy pedal on it, and TBH, it sounded like trash.

I'll probably want another in-the-box amp sim soon, and I'll most likely be going with Kuassa. some of these other companies make good sounds (IK Multimedia; Positive Grid), but the experience is lacking (Amplitube's UI, and PG's bugginess). in the meantime, it's back to the (not so) ol' Boss floor pedal.
I remember I tried the CS free version and thought it was pretty crap.
Truth is for guitar stuff it’s Kuassa all the way. Now where is that AC15/30 we’ve been waiting on for so long?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

14 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2020
guitfnky wrote:
14 Jul 2020

I remember I tried the CS free version and thought it was pretty crap.
Truth is for guitar stuff it’s Kuassa all the way. Now where is that AC15/30 we’ve been waiting on for so long?
I prefer the sound of the Positive Grid stuff to pretty much anything I’ve tried in the box so far, but the first version has some annoying bugs, and somehow they managed to actually make them worse in the new version.

but I’ve only got Creme and Vermilion so far, for guitar (and almost never use Creme—mostly because I don’t do a whole lot of high gain stuff). I’m looking forward to trying out Matchlock eventually. I’ve heard their newer amps are even better than the stuff I’ve got though, so I imagine that will be right up my alley. def could do with a nice Vox too. and maybe an Orange...

chimp_spanner

15 Jul 2020

I've tried Amplitube 4 and it has, to my ears, the best sound of any of the "all in one" style plugins (like Guitar Rig, Overloud, etc.). I know a lot of people swear by this new crop of amp plugins like STL, Neural/Fortin, etc. but I'm a bit skeptical about the one-amp-per-plugin approach. I prefer when all the gear from stomps to heads to cabs and mics is part of the same thing and you can mix and match within a single preset. If I can get the money together quickly enough I'll pick this up. It's been a heavy month but it's a great offer. FYI it appears that the price is actually 199. I don't know where the "as low as 99" thing comes from. But even at 199 it's down from 499, so a great deal any way you cut it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
15 Jul 2020
I've tried Amplitube 4 and it has, to my ears, the best sound of any of the "all in one" style plugins (like Guitar Rig, Overloud, etc.). I know a lot of people swear by this new crop of amp plugins like STL, Neural/Fortin, etc. but I'm a bit skeptical about the one-amp-per-plugin approach. I prefer when all the gear from stomps to heads to cabs and mics is part of the same thing and you can mix and match within a single preset. If I can get the money together quickly enough I'll pick this up. It's been a heavy month but it's a great offer. FYI it appears that the price is actually 199. I don't know where the "as low as 99" thing comes from. But even at 199 it's down from 499, so a great deal any way you cut it.
$99 plus VAT is the crossgrade price from any previously registered IK product costing $99.99 plus VAT or more.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

arqui

15 Jul 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
15 Jul 2020
AmpliTube MAX (Normal Price $/€499.99) - New Price $/€166.99

Regards

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2020

Before complaining about an amp sim you haven't tested fully, listen to this:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
15 Jul 2020

Maaaan!!!! Whydja have to go and do that?!
I’ve been keeping my GAS in check with the mantra “buying more amps, cabs and fx will not make you a better guitarist. “

The thing is, when I got my Fender Hotrod Deluxe I actually did become a better guitarist. It’s like that amp plays itself.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Boombastix wrote:
15 Jul 2020

I’ve been keeping my GAS in check with the mantra “buying more amps, cabs and fx will not make you a better guitarist. “

The thing is, when I got my Fender Hotrod Deluxe I actually did become a better guitarist. It’s like that amp plays itself.
Nice, eh!? :twisted:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jul 2020

Nice, eh!? :twisted:
Yeah :). Question is...does JRRShop have the crossgrade and if so when will they be up and running again. I’ve got a Black ‘76 license I’ve been holding off registering for the next Group Buy but that’d get me Amplitude Max for $99.

One thing making me a little wary is that the GUI reminds me of Pod Farm which I really have an aversion to.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

16 Jul 2020

he’s a good salesman, I’ll give him that. a good amp sim has to have a good GUI, and this thing just doesn’t. if you’re just pulling up presets or only using it for amp tones, maybe it’s fine, but if you want to start using any effects or messing with the chain, that user experience goes into the toilet, for me.

stratatonic

16 Jul 2020

If MAX is supposed to be Maximum, and this product definitely has a Maximum price, why is this package missing so much: Amplitube Joe Satriani, and Brian May, and Leslie and Dimebag Darrel and..geez what else?

Anyways,
chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Jul 2020
If you have Helix, why use the POD?
guitfnky wrote:
16 Jul 2020
a good amp sim has to have a good GUI, and this thing just doesn’t. if you’re just pulling up presets or only using it for amp tones, maybe it’s fine, but if you want to start using any effects or messing with the chain, that user experience goes into the toilet, for me.
At one point, you could not drag the stomps around freely. You'd have to recreate a brand new order form the drop down menu in each slot.
I have a previous version of Amplitube which just gave me problems all the time. I would get plugin errors. In hunting down my password a few days ago for the IK site, I stumbled upon a nasty support email in where I wasted an entire afternoon trying to get shit to authorize and just work. I'm pretty laid back, but I was kinda shocked at my nastiness, lol. I guess I was pretty pissed off. I just seem to have problems with this company,'s software, it seems. Anyways, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the latest and things seem to work, and a few problem songs have loaded up Amplitube normally. Finally. Fingers crossed.

There's a lot here - my version has slightly less than what is being advertised. I never used it enough to its potential, partly because of the inconsistency in in software, and partly I felt I wasted too much time going down the rabbit hole for tone. It is kinda a clumsy workflow. In the end, I mostly used it for its cabinets and didn't use much of the actual amps. Just a few pedals here and there.

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2020
arqui wrote:
14 Jul 2020

Thanks...yeah saw that. Just didn't have the time to plough through pages and pages of fx and cabs and amps and stuff :)
That's what your experience with Amplitube MAX would be like... :)

----------

So, when I logged in to IK, I was pretty damn sure that I had no "Jam Points" , as I never cared to buy anything since 2013, and I was informed that I should use them SOON, because they would expire after two years. Oh well, let them disappear, but, lo! somehow I have 29 Points to use where they came from who knows, I never bought that much stuff with IK, , but maybe I can subtract 29 from 99 and pay 70 to upgrade, but no! you can only use 30% of your Points, lol.
Looks like I'll have 29 points next decade as well . Or maybe they will truly expire once and for all. Seriously. It's kinda embarrassing, using 30% of my points each time will always leave me with Points in my account, just Teasing, Teasing me to spend money at their shop.
Well, actually no, it won't at all. But maybe I'll be hunting down my password again in another five years when Satriani, May Leslie and Dimebag are included in Amplitube MADMAX.
Unfortunately Ampltube Vai, and Amplitube Gilmour and Amplitube Page and Amplitube Ortiz won't be included. Of course.

EDIT: I just rediscovered the "Reverb Annoyance" in Amplitube on amps. On a reverb knob that goes to 10, going past POINT 7 is already TOO MUCH REVERB. I can't believe this hasn't been addressed after all these years...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2020

Just wanted to say that I won my battle with GAS.
Kuassa have me covered for fx and amps (Vox coming soon I hope). Audiority and Turn2on have me covered for a uniVibe. And PSP have me covered for Spring Reverb. Plus there’s all the hundreds of other cool REs and VSTs I have to hand. So do I need Amplitude? Nope. Do I want Amplitude? Nope.
GAS? I’m a survivor.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

manisnotabird

16 Jul 2020

I don't think the Amplitude or BIAS stuff sounds as good as the Fender/Marshall Kuassa amp sims or the free Mercurial and TSE stompboxes (sadly most of those don't seem to work with OSX Catalina, which I just upgraded to when I got a new computer last month).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
16 Jul 2020
I don't think the Amplitude or BIAS stuff sounds as good as the Fender/Marshall Kuassa amp sims or the free Mercurial and TSE stompboxes (sadly most of those don't seem to work with OSX Catalina, which I just upgraded to when I got a new computer last month).
Thanks. Didn't know about that Mercuriall metal pedal. My day just got better...and I've been up all night.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

17 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Jul 2020
Kuassa have me covered for fx and amps (Vox coming soon I hope). Audiority and Turn2on have me covered for a uniVibe. And PSP have me covered for Spring Reverb. Plus there’s all the hundreds of other cool REs and VSTs I have to hand. So do I need Amplitude? Nope. Do I want Amplitude? Nope.
GAS? I’m a survivor.
see? you are stronger than you thought. congrats on your victory, temporary as it may be. 😆

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Jul 2020
GAS? I’m a survivor.
see? you are stronger than you thought. congrats on your victory, temporary as it may be. 😆
One day at a time man. One day at a time. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2020

GAS is back. Looks like I can get the whole thing (crossgrade) on JRRShop for $84. Hmm.
On my way to Stockholm just now with my eldest daughter. She’s going to try out an electric violin and me a Fender Jaguar. Hmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

27 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2020
GAS is back. Looks like I can get the whole thing (crossgrade) on JRRShop for $84. Hmm.
On my way to Stockholm just now with my eldest daughter. She’s going to try out an electric violin and me a Fender Jaguar. Hmmm.
told you it would be temporary! 😆 I know how you feel though—bought a parlor acoustic on Musician’s Friend’s stupid deal of the day just last week—and it’ll be here today. 😬

the struggle is real, my friend!

• Information