All pongasoft REs are now open source and using CMake

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
pongasoft
RE Developer

14 Jul 2020

I just wanted to follow up on an earlier thread since I have completed the task of upgrading all my REs to use the new re-cmake build framework. This has the huge advantage that they are much easier to build and because of CMake it is now very easy to open the projects in an IDE (CLion, XCode, etc...) for easy tinkering with (the previous version did not include any way to open in an IDE) and they now compile and use the latest SDK (4.2.0).

It also demonstrates how to use/import a common project across REs (re-common) which gets pulled in automatically at configure time or can be worked on in parallel (un-commenting the second line).

Here is the list:
Yan
Last edited by pongasoft on 15 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

14 Jul 2020

That's pretty amazing what you are doing for the REs and for us!

How can we support or improve the devices?
Last edited by Loque on 14 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

14 Jul 2020

This dev section is going to really help a lot of people.

Any chance of getting some tutorials on custom display / interface coding

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

Thank you for your great RE's.. I use the A/B switch a lot for sample and hold :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

reCMake runs under windows too?
Is it possible to use the Gorilla SDK as well?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

pongasoft
RE Developer

15 Jul 2020

Loque wrote:
14 Jul 2020

I am really happy that you like what I have been doing for REs :)

I think the best approach is to open a ticket on github for that particular device and discuss in advance what you have in mind for improvements. Then we can agree if this is something that should be part of the device and then you can submit a pull request. You can also contact me directly if you would rather not discuss publicly (check pongasoft website for contact details).

Yan

Loque

15 Jul 2020

pongasoft wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Loque wrote:
14 Jul 2020

I am really happy that you like what I have been doing for REs :)

I think the best approach is to open a ticket on github for that particular device and discuss in advance what you have in mind for improvements. Then we can agree if this is something that should be part of the device and then you can submit a pull request. You can also contact me directly if you would rather not discuss publicly (check pongasoft website for contact details).

Yan
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

pongasoft
RE Developer

15 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
14 Jul 2020
reCMake runs under windows too?
Is it possible to use the Gorilla SDK as well?
Yes re-cmake works under Windows as well. The README file for the blank plugin gives you all the details.

I do not know what the Gorilla SDK is. One thing to keep in mind is that re-cmake has no such restriction, but what will be limited is the RE SDK. For example, my plugins use loguru for logging but loguru does NOT compile with the RE SDK (for example it includes <atomic> which the RE SDK does not support... so end of story). But via the native build provided by re-cmake, I can still use it during development since it is so much more convenient than JBOX_TRACE...

Yan

• Information