Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

25 Jun 2020

adfielding wrote:
25 Jun 2020
Ok... so my original plan was to stream tonight despite the heat, but then I ended up sleeping like crap last night. I feel like one of these and I’d have gone ahead, but doing a tired stream on the hottest day of the year? Doesn’t sound like a recipe for a good time.
Don't you have a string vest and a baggy pair of y front to brave the heat like a true English man. :lol:

adfielding

25 Jun 2020

Billy wrote:
25 Jun 2020
adfielding wrote:
25 Jun 2020
Ok... so my original plan was to stream tonight despite the heat, but then I ended up sleeping like crap last night. I feel like one of these and I’d have gone ahead, but doing a tired stream on the hottest day of the year? Doesn’t sound like a recipe for a good time.
Don't you have a string vest and a baggy pair of y front to brave the heat like a true English man. :lol:
The world isn't ready.

Yet.

Billy+

25 Jun 2020

Sorry couldn't resist, no problem Allen v Selby is on tonight and I hate missing the snooker, but would have for your steam. I will just have to drink my beer whilst watching normal tv instead.

Have a good weekend Adam, catch you next week...

Billy+

29 Jun 2020

Hey Adam you was right, I managed to sort out my shop access problems and got a copy of Evolution before the sale ended and I love it, should have brought it when you recommended it.

adfielding

01 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
29 Jun 2020
Hey Adam you was right, I managed to sort out my shop access problems and got a copy of Evolution before the sale ended and I love it, should have brought it when you recommended it.
Brilliant! It's a really useful player, and one that I've found myself turning to a fair bit recently to get ideas going. I'm pretty sure it'll be making an appearance during this week's stream :)

Speaking of which - I'll be streaming again tomorrow night (Thursday 2nd July) at the usual time (7pm BST / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT). A while ago I had a couple of people suggest I write a synthwave track during one of these streams, so I figured it was about time I got to that... so tomorrow I'll be writing a synthwave tune from scratch. Hope to see some of you there!

Billy+

01 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
01 Jul 2020

Speaking of which - I'll be streaming again tomorrow night (Thursday 2nd July) at the usual time (7pm BST / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT). A while ago I had a couple of people suggest I write a synthwave track during one of these streams, so I figured it was about time I got to that... so tomorrow I'll be writing a synthwave tune from scratch. Hope to see some of you there!
What synths do you think your going to use? PX7 maybe? Don't think we've seen that one on a stream yet!

adfielding

01 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
01 Jul 2020
adfielding wrote:
01 Jul 2020

What synths do you think your going to use? PX7 maybe? Don't think we've seen that one on a stream yet!
I'm not rightly sure yet, to be honest! Probably not the PX7 as I haven't used it in a while, and I'd like to take some time to get in a more FM-frame-of-mind before bringing that out. With it being synthwave I think it'd be great to bust out the PolySix and WaveStation, and it'd be nice to contrast that with a little bit of Largo. Reckon the VK-2 will make an appearance for bass duties. It's been a while since I wrote anything particularly synthwave-y, so this'll be a fun experiment.

adfielding

02 Jul 2020

Just a friendly little reminder that I'll be streaming again tonight when this post is about 4 hours old (7pm BST). Looking forward to it!

You can check out the stream here via Twitch

Feel free to drop in and give me ideas/ask me questions/laugh at me when I inevitably get stuck :)

Billy+

02 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
02 Jul 2020
Just a friendly little reminder that I'll be streaming again tonight when this post is about 4 hours old (7pm BST). Looking forward to it!

Feel free to drop in and give me ideas/ask me questions/laugh at me when I inevitably get stuck :)
Just a friendly bump and a quick Q) this is the drum package you like isn't it?

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/evolve/pid184/

adfielding

02 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
02 Jul 2020
adfielding wrote:
02 Jul 2020

Just a friendly bump and a quick Q) this is the drum package you like isn't it?

https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/evolve/pid184/
That's the one I tend to use during streams (using the free samples means I can share the project files afterwards without worrying about copyright issues - I ran it by WA a while ago and they were ok with it) - outside of streams I tend to use the full version of Drumvolution which is absolutely marvellous :)

Billy+

02 Jul 2020

Thanks Adam, just registered and got them.

adfielding

03 Jul 2020

Huge thanks to everyone who made it last night, I had a blast with this one! If you missed the stream, you can now check it out on YouTube here.

If you'd just like to check out the finished tune, you can stream it via Soundcloud here.

As always, if you'd like to check out the project file and/or grab the MP3/FLAC exports, you can grab those for this track and all of my other livestream tracks here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

Billy+

03 Jul 2020

Thanks for the advice Adam, I'm rebuilding the drums using the free kit you recommend and am wondering if https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/autosub/ might be a handy device for adding sub bass? Have you used it?

I had been looking at https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 409-SubLab but would much rather stick with rack extensions.

adfielding

09 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
03 Jul 2020
Thanks for the advice Adam, I'm rebuilding the drums using the free kit you recommend and am wondering if https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/autosub/ might be a handy device for adding sub bass? Have you used it?
I haven't used that myself, but I tend to steer clear of stuff that automatically adds sub-bass - you could just use a Subtractor with a simple sine-wave playing in the lower octaves to round out the sub-bass region, but use a light touch.

I'm going to be streaming again tonight at 7pm BST - I'm not 100% set on a genre but I've got a couple of ideas in mind. I recently won Stutter Edit 2 in a competition, so I imagine I'll be using that all over the place! Hope to see some of you there :)

twitch.tv/adfielding

Billy+

09 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
09 Jul 2020

I'm going to be streaming again tonight at 7pm BST - I'm not 100% set on a genre but I've got a couple of ideas in mind. I recently won Stutter Edit 2 in a competition, so I imagine I'll be using that all over the place! Hope to see some of you there :)

twitch.tv/adfielding
Looking forward to it, what competition did you enter and win this time?

also you haven't updated the first post.

adfielding

10 Jul 2020

Thanks to everyone who made it last night, I really enjoyed that one! Always nice to dip into something with a bit more of a breaks-y flavour, also it felt kind of appropriate given the amount of Stutter Edit I was throwing all over the place! Which reminds me... I really, really need to work on my own SE2 gesture bank if I'm going to keep using it this frequently.

You can check out the stream here.

As always, the project file and FLAC/MP3 exports are available here if you'd like to check those out.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

If you'd rather just give the tune a listen, here's a handy little Soundcloud link.

Thanks again to everyone who made it, already looking forward to the next one :)

selig
RE Developer

10 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Billy wrote:
03 Jul 2020
I haven't used that myself, but I tend to steer clear of stuff that automatically adds sub-bass - you could just use a Subtractor with a simple sine-wave playing in the lower octaves to round out the sub-bass region, but use a light touch.

twitch.tv/adfielding
Hey Adam, was busy and missed your stream, but looks interesting (will watch "offline").
As for sub bass mentioned above, it's a SYNTH, there is no audio input for processing!
As for adding a sub bass, I may or may not have some ideas how to do that…
Selig Audio, LLC

adfielding

11 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
10 Jul 2020
Hey Adam, was busy and missed your stream, but looks interesting (will watch "offline").
As for sub bass mentioned above, it's a SYNTH, there is no audio input for processing!
Derp! I (incorrectly) guessed from the name that it was something along the lines of Wavesfactory SK10, Autosub looks like it'd be perfect for this kind of thing though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Would be interested in hearing your ideas! :D

Billy+

11 Jul 2020

Adam I'm having problems finding your patreon profile any chance you can update your tag line to include it?

Billy+

11 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
10 Jul 2020

Giles I would be very interested in your ideas for adding sub.

adfielding

12 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
11 Jul 2020
Adam I'm having problems finding your patreon profile any chance you can update your tag line to include it?
Ahh yes I'm not doing a very good job of publicising that :) Here's the link:

http://www.patreon.com/adfielding

splangie

14 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
25 Jun 2020
adfielding wrote:
25 Jun 2020
TrueBrit.jpeg
TrueBrit.jpeg (60.56 KiB) Viewed 2481 times

Billy+

14 Jul 2020

lol you need to swap the beer for G&T or a nice hot cuppa

Billy+

15 Jul 2020

adfielding wrote:
12 Jul 2020
Billy wrote:
11 Jul 2020
Ahh yes I'm not doing a very good job of publicising that :) Here's the link:

http://www.patreon.com/adfielding
Thanks for the link Adam, any thoughts on this weeks stream? I'm thinking 80's disco would be good. It would be nice to see if reasons strings would cut it and you can definitely get the electric bass guitar in there.

adfielding

16 Jul 2020

Billy wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Thanks for the link Adam, any thoughts on this weeks stream? I'm thinking 80's disco would be good. It would be nice to see if reasons strings would cut it and you can definitely get the electric bass guitar in there.
This week I'm going to be doing a general Q&A session - I was planning on doing it next week, but I'm a bit pushed for time at the moment - rather than do something totally half-baked, I figured this would be a good time to do something a bit more free-form. I plan to have a look back at the past few weeks of music-making sessions and go into some of the techniques I've used in a bit more depth, while also taking questions and having a generally jolly good time :)

The stream starts tonight (July 16th) at 7pm BST - hope to see some of you there!

Adam Fielding on Twitch

(I very much like the idea of doing something with an 80s disco flavour, might loop back round to that one in a future stream!)

• Information