Nektar Panorama T4 Drum Pads question (solved)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2020

Finally got my Nektar T4 and got it installed as per instructions. When I load up any Reason synth all the 8 pads light up “dark” green. When I load up a Kong, Rytmik or a Redrum however, the top left pad light up yellow and the other pads light up “light” green. Is this the way it is supposed to be and what is it dependent on? Thanks. :)

Edit: Weird thing is that if I turn the keyboard off and on again then all the pads light up green. Loading up a new Reason drum machine turns them yellow again.
To be honest I'm wondering why the top left pad is a different colour from the other seven whenever a drum machine is loaded.
Last edited by MrFigg on 12 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

1reasonable

09 Jul 2020

Just a quick guess- is it anything to do with the mute buttons on the pads? I’ve had kong’s load up on a song (from an imported midi file) that weirdly set just the top left pad on, and the rest are muted. So it could be that?
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2020

1reasonable wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Just a quick guess- is it anything to do with the mute buttons on the pads? I’ve had kong’s load up on a song (from an imported midi file) that weirdly set just the top left pad on, and the rest are muted. So it could be that?
Thanks. But all the pads are working. I don’t understand either why the pads which usually light up green are a much dimmer green when any of the drum machines are in focus. And then that top left yellow one. But I don’t think it’s a mute as I can hear them all when I play them.

Do the pads fade depending on what velocity curve they are set at? That said, they are “full green”
For every Reason Device other than drum machines.

Maybe something wrong with the LEDs on that pad.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2020

Forgot I got an answer to this. Posting it here now.
Wrote to Nektar. After some tests they replied that
“ It appears that the red LED for pad 5/13 is lit brighter than the others. When the red and green LEDs are lit at the same time, the pads turn a yellow/greenish color. But that one pad is more orange because the red LED is brighter.” They said is was a hardware malfunction. So now T4 number 2 is in its way back for replacement.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kinkujin

17 Jul 2020

Piggybacking on your thread ... how do you find the Nektar - this issue notwithstanding? Action and functionality good?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2020

kinkujin wrote:
17 Jul 2020
Piggybacking on your thread ... how do you find the Nektar - this issue notwithstanding? Action and functionality good?
I really like it. I came from a KB37 though.
Not so sure about the knobs but to be honest I’ll probably never use them anyway...at least not much. Like the pads but you’ve got to thump them. That can be fixed by adjusting the sensitivity though. Looks great. Keys are nice to play and the mod and pitch wheels are sturdy as hell. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kinkujin

17 Jul 2020

Thanks MrFigg, guess I’ll need to put one on my wish list.

• Information