RRP Lite for FREE on Plugin Boutique

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
PhillipOrdonez

06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Jul 2020

It was fun to read all that, I'll give you that! :)
Always a pleasure to brighten your day :).
🤗

WasteLand

06 Jul 2020

my reply or post is not that interesting, when i first saw this give away, i thought, i upgraded from 10 to reason 11 suite, it wasn't necessary!
and because of the thread i feel like a proud owner again of reason 11 suite (ahum). although i had my doubts, but the reason rack plugin has improved my workflow drastically, i have 6 DAW's, i could never manage to integrate reason 10. i don't mean, rewire setup going wrong, or don't understand. works like a charm, but 3 screens, on 3 monitors, i need 4 monitors, if i for instance rewire it with cubase, o well, than i need 6 monitors... it is my strange head... i know can program the instruments in reason 11 suite, with my panaroma p1, and use them in other DAW's, and strangely i feel, that will use reason more as a DAW... o well.
reason is a DAW, isn't bad, on the contrary, but in a way, it felt never really accessible for me, even with 3 monitors. a kind of mindblock, that could be removed by a small thing, i guess.

but this reason rack plugin (which still contains a DAW), chaos is there, reason 11.2 lite, reason 11.3 lite, intro, standard and suite.

but glad to see, that for others it can be a solution. and i wonder, how reason studios, will proceed..
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

VariableX

06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
06 Jul 2020

you want to shatter glass? 😉
what dare say is the point of using 'Reason nada' inside Reason?
Nothing of course. I was attempting to imply that the chances of me ever leaving Reason in reality are also nada. 10 to the end man :).
R10 posse :puf_wink:
But maybe R12 if its worth the money 😀

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

06 Jul 2020

Hey forum people! Our intention was to have Reason Lite be Online Only, it’s a free OEM license after all and we wanted to avoid reliance on CodeMeter, but this led to unexpected issues with upgrading. So, we've now had to switch to allowing offline use of the software as a temporary measure, but upgrades should work again.

Sorry about the confusion and issues! Working remotely during the summer holiday months is tricky :)

Lotuz2019

06 Jul 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Hey forum people! Our intention was to have Reason Lite be Online Only, it’s a free OEM license after all and we wanted to avoid reliance on CodeMeter, but this led to unexpected issues with upgrading. So, we've now had to switch to allowing offline use of the software as a temporary measure, but upgrades should work again.

Sorry about the confusion and issues! Working remotely during the summer holiday months is tricky :)
I can see [Manage license] in My Account now. Thanks for allowing offline use, Mattias. :clap:

Skimrok

06 Jul 2020

im sure some wont be happy still :lol: :roll: :D
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

Skimrok wrote:
06 Jul 2020
im sure some wont be happy still :lol: :roll: :D
Maybe some. But I’m happy now in any case. And if it’s only temporary...well who cares. I’ve got the installer and the license is written to my Ignition Key. All good at the Figg household.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

robotgard

06 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Thanks for allowing offline use, Mattias!
It’s only temporary though. Right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

06 Jul 2020

Mattias, thank you for the gift!

Just wondering ….
If I write a seven page thread with a bit of hysterical voodoo, will I have also VST MIDI OUT in Reason standalone ?
:D :) :lol: :puf_smile: :puf_bigsmile:

DaveyG

06 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Maybe some. But I’m happy now in any case. And if it’s only temporary...well who cares. I’ve got the installer and the license is written to my Ignition Key. All good at the Figg household.
So how does that temporary thing work then? Is it stuck on your ignition key forever? Does it expire? Can you take the licence and make it online again and then it sticks there? It's almost as if they are making it up as they go along! It's the gift that keeps on giving. :thumbs_up:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

DaveyG wrote:
06 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020
So how does that temporary thing work then? Is it stuck on your ignition key forever? Does it expire? Can you take the licence and make it online again and then it sticks there? It's almost as if they are making it up as they go along! It's the gift that keeps on giving. :thumbs_up:
It’s not a gift. You got it free with a purchase on PB and Propellerheads had some sort of fuck up at their end which made it necessary to alter their original plans of making it online only because otherwise it wouldn’t have worked. Nobody has done anybody any favors. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

robotgard

06 Jul 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

robotgard wrote:
06 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jul 2020

It’s only temporary though. Right?
I wrote down the license for the key. Probably, it is forever?
How do you mean? You have to have the option to Authorize your key on your account. If the Authorize button isn’t there then you can’t. Like what they’ve done with Balance. They took away the option. At the moment you can Authorize an IK but who knows when they’ll take the button away again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

Yeah, I wrote the key to my device before that option goes away cuz it sounds like it will since he said it was "temporary".
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Yeah, I wrote the key to my device before that option goes away cuz it sounds like it will since he said it was "temporary".
What do you mean write the key? The number? What do you do with that afterwards then? I thought you could only write licenses to you PC and IKs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

Sorry I meant my USB device.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Sorry I meant my USB device.
Haha...yeah...just PMed you man. JWas just that the guy above said "wrote down the key". Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stratatonic

06 Jul 2020

Thanks Props for the RRP and to everyone who posted in this thread which as usual had nuggets of good info along the way.
It helped in getting R11Lite for $1.37 (Sphene minus virtual cash) and installing R11.2 on my laptop and R11.3 on the desktop. :cool:
It all works as it should and looking forward to giving the Reason Rack Plugin a good workout this year with Logic. :)

kuhliloach

07 Jul 2020

stratatonic wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Thanks Props for the RRP and to everyone who posted in this thread which as usual had nuggets of good info along the way.
It helped in getting R11Lite for $1.37 (Sphene minus virtual cash) and installing R11.2 on my laptop and R11.3 on the desktop. :cool:
It all works as it should and looking forward to giving the Reason Rack Plugin a good workout this year with Logic. :)
Had an epic Logic session using a few RE's today. R11Lite license written to my Ignition Key. Had to tell RRP plug-in to Forget Password. Then on next launch it used the Ignition Key.

avasopht
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

If you upgrade from RRP Lite to RRP 11, can that license be transferred?

Yonatan

07 Jul 2020

I took the chance to give away Reason Lite to another person. Perfect for new ones to try out the eco-system, and as it can be used as Rack Plugin, it is not in vain even if they decide to try or need another DAW. So good to see Reason gets a bit wider exposure.

dan_g

07 Jul 2020

so i have written my R11Lite license to my ignition key and also authorised my pc with it. but still i get the Login Form when i fire up The App.

do i miss some steps?
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

dan_g wrote:
07 Jul 2020
so i have written my R11Lite license to my ignition key and also authorised my pc with it. but still i get the Login Form when i fire up The App.

do i miss some steps?
I'm not entirely sure, but you might have to remove the stored password. You should be seeing this in the settings of the RRP:

rrp.png
rrp.png (67.69 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2020

hurricane wrote:
07 Jul 2020
dan_g wrote:
07 Jul 2020

do i miss some steps?
I'm not entirely sure, but you might have to remove the stored password. You should be seeing this in the settings of the RRP:

rrp.png
I authorized my IK first. Then installed Reason Lite. Didn’t get any login screen. Reason Lite just opened directly. If all else fails uninstall Reason Lite. Make sure your IK and PC are authorized for Reason Lite 11.3.1 then reinstall.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information